PDA

View Full Version : Quick nvDisplay driver setting question

jolancer
08-30-06, 06:01 PM
you know how you can disable the NV tray icon and Context menues with the Classic controll interface.

and you notice how the NV tray icon and Context menues is always automaticaly enabled and with apparently no option to turn off, if you use the New Nvidia Controll pannel.

well i was just wondering if theres a way to turn the Tray and COntext menues off wiht the New control pannel... not a big deal, but i would like that crap off if i can disable it, one way or another.... and yea you also apparently have to use the New control pannel to, cause not all settings show in the Classic one.

grey_1
08-30-06, 06:41 PM
you know how you can disable the NV tray icon and Context menues with the Classic controll interface.

and you notice how the NV tray icon and Context menues is always automaticaly enabled and with apparently no option to turn off, if you use the New Nvidia Controll pannel.

well i was just wondering if theres a way to turn the Tray and COntext menues off wiht the New control pannel... not a big deal, but i would like that crap off if i can disable it, one way or another.... and yea you also apparently have to use the New control pannel to, cause not all settings show in the Classic one.

What driver version are you using? This was a known bug in 91.31, afaik newer beta's all have this fixed.

rewt
08-30-06, 11:10 PM
I think you'll need to switch over to classic CP to disable the tray icon. It is easy enough to switch back and forth between the two CP, is it not?

On my system I have menus to access both CPLs.

jolancer
08-30-06, 11:54 PM
What driver version are you using? This was a known bug in 91.31, afaik newer beta's all have this fixed.
im not a beta tester.
It is easy enough to switch back and forth between the two CP, is it not?

On my system I have menus to access both CPLs.
no, its not fun switching back and forth between them.

what do you mean you have menus to access both?

rewt
08-31-06, 12:57 AM
NVTweak unlocks menus for both CPLs on the tray icon. So does laptopvideo2go's modded infs.

Anyway I found the option you are looking for. It is in new control panel under the View menu. It says "Show Notification Tray Icon".

grey_1
08-31-06, 02:34 AM
im not a beta tester.

no, its not fun switching back and forth between them.

what do you mean you have menus to access both?

Neither am I :) , link for 91.33 beta

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_rel70betadriver.html

Also the 91.45 and 91.47

http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=127&Itemid=41/

ymmv

jolancer
08-31-06, 10:59 AM
Anyway I found the option you are looking for. It is in new control panel under the View menu. It says "Show Notification Tray Icon".
im not currently on the machine with the new drivers, so ill check it out later, but thats realy odd, i thought i combed threw every single option. you shur your not using a beta driver?. anyway though, thx, ill check it out.

Neither am I :) , link for 91.33 beta
ymmv
im confused, by your links, i assume your implying that its a good idea to try them out... though why would i wont to? if im not a beta tester? wouldnt someone like myself who doesnt wont to play around with drivers, wont to wait for them to work all the bugs out and release an offical version on the main site?

Hase1
08-31-06, 12:51 PM
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
"ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
"TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:00000003

;hint: 1 = old panel, 2= new panel, 3= both panels

grey_1
08-31-06, 02:47 PM
im not currently on the machine with the new drivers, so ill check it out later, but thats realy odd, i thought i combed threw every single option. you shur your not using a beta driver?. anyway though, thx, ill check it out.

im confused, by your links, i assume your implying that its a good idea to try them out... though why would i wont to? if im not a beta tester? wouldnt someone like myself who doesnt wont to play around with drivers, wont to wait for them to work all the bugs out and release an offical version on the main site?

Many of nvidia's drivers are "leaked" out while still beta. Anyone can use them, perfectly legit, and alot of them work as well if not better than the official releases. I'm using the 91.45's with a modded inf file now from tweaksrus.com. Laptopvideo2go also does an excellent job with these.

I post bugs found here, but don't officially file them with nvidia. I have nothing to do with the company. I just like their hardware, drivers and this site.

I tend to use only the beta drivers anyway, WHQL only means MS has officially stamped them o.k.

So you could use Hase1's fix, which has worked for alot of folks, or move to a less buggy driver.