PDA

View Full Version : New hint at Oblivion for PS3?

Pages : [1] 2 3

|MaguS|
08-30-06, 05:30 PM
Ya, ya say what you want about these rumors but heres more fuel to the fire now...

LINK (http://www.emergent.net/index.php/homepage/news/news?action=news-detail&id=461)

The Gamebryo Element, used by Bethesda Softworks to create their acclaimed runaway hit for the Xbox 360™, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, is fully optimized for development on Xbox 360™, PLAYSTATION 3, and PC. Gamebryo is available as a stand-alone solution or as part of Emergent Elements, a family of tools addressing the full range of game development challenges.

Considering I can't think of any title announced for the PS3 that uses Gamebryo (or any other developer other then Bethesda) this just seems to add fuel to the PS3 Oblivion rumors.

All we ever got from Bethesda was that they did not annouce Oblivion for the PS3.

Bad_Boy
08-30-06, 05:59 PM
there are some big rumors regarding the game and the ps3.
theres a guy on genmay saying its definately coming, and hes been correct on some other ps3/rumors.

honestly I think it's coming to ps3, maybe with some graphical upgrades or faster loading. Who knows.

but personally, I dont think I'd buy it either way.
The game just wasnt my type of game I guess.
But I'm sure others who missed out on the 360/pc versions will enjoy.

|MaguS|
08-30-06, 06:01 PM
I don't know if its coming to PS3 or not... I just find the constant hints and all that jazz interesting. Its in the same manner of the whole Assassins Creed deal, Ubisoft only says they haven't announced it but so much hints to the X360 getting it aswell.

If it did get ported over I dout of a graphics boost but quicker loading should be a given.

Bad_Boy
08-30-06, 06:15 PM
Well take this for whatever you want, it was posted by a biased sony fanboy on the genmay forums, but he has infact gotten many of his rumors correct.

For example on he rumored resistance to be 20 gigs, a few days later it became true that the game was infact 22gb in size. He mentioned a sports title being displayed on ps3 and 360 on two hdtv's but both the same hdtv and the the ps3 version looked better. this is now confirmed by the reports of virtua tennis looking slightly better on the ps3. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/727/727917p1.html

he rumored a psp bundle coming next month with specific details on what was in the box, and sure enough a psp bundle is coming next month with the exact details he listed.

he does to seem to have a major fanboy slant on things though, saying things are due to disc space and other wild claims, but for the most part I think he has some credibility.

now take this quote as whatever you like...

As a quick side note, Bethesda is working on a special edition of Oblivion just for PS3. We were shown some screenshots (sadly, not the actual game) and it looks like an entirely different game.

theres a big thread about this guy over at b3d...
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33217

Ninja Prime
08-30-06, 06:40 PM
OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!1oneoneeleven! Now I can play games that I already have on two platforms on a thrid platform, though it will have a crappier control scheme!

Yeah, how about stuff anyone cares about? Anyone who wanted Oblivion already has it on PC or X-box, not very interesting porting a game a year later.

Edge
08-30-06, 06:44 PM
Umm, that really has nothing to do with Oblivion being on the PS3. It's just middleware that was used in Oblivion that's designed for multiple platforms. A game doesn't have to use it on the platform for it to be optimised for it, Oblivion was just an example of one game. It's no different than Epic Game's press release about Unreal Engine 3:

http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html/homefold/home.shtml
Epic announced that it will be using Unreal Engine 3 in upcoming titles Unreal Tournament 2007 and Gears of War. For more Unreal Engine 3 licensing news, including announcements of support for Sony’s Playstation 3 and Microsoft’s Xbox 360, visit www.epicgames.com.

|MaguS|
08-30-06, 06:48 PM
Umm, that really has nothing to do with Oblivion being on the PS3. It's just middleware that was used in Oblivion that's designed for multiple platforms. A game doesn't have to use it on the platform for it to be optimised for it, Oblivion was just an example of one game. It's no different than Epic Game's press release about Unreal Engine 3:

http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html/homefold/home.shtml

Thing is that Epic games actually has games in development using the Unreal Engine 3 on all the consoles they claim support for... There has not been a single game nor developer that has announced the use of the Gamebryo Engine for the PS3.

Ninja Prime, There are millions of poeple who haven't played it... Just because you have doesn't mean ****.

hordaktheman
08-30-06, 07:05 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if it did. Considering how well it sold on the PC and 360, there's definitely an untapped market out there for a PS3 version.

Hell, if the port is easy they'd be stupid not to.

Edge
08-30-06, 08:36 PM
Thing is that Epic games actually has games in development using the Unreal Engine 3 on all the consoles they claim support for... There has not been a single game nor developer that has announced the use of the Gamebryo Engine for the PS3.
But it's just generic middleware, it's going to be designed for all the consoles regardless if any games on a particular console have used it or not. The middleware came first (along with it's PC, PS3, Xbox 360 support), it getting licensed out to Bethesda came second.

Or, Bethesda could be using it in their second game using the Oblivion engine: Fallout 3.

S.I.N
08-30-06, 09:15 PM
Its dated today but I saw this news about a month ago but so what? Its a game already on two platforms and many already feel will possibly end up on the PS3. Save this type of excitment for huge really exclusive game like Lost Planet or Dead Rising.

Bad_Boy
08-31-06, 04:30 AM
I honestly don't think dead rising is coming to ps3. The development team had an interview a while ago and said they are basically all taking a much deserved break until they will pick up on dead rising 2 if it comes to that. Now that might just be to pull the smoke and mirrors but thats just my opinion.

Lost planet, thats another thing. I think it will eventually show up on the ps3 due to the latest comments from the developer who makes the game. I forget the exact words but it was something like "we might try to keep it 360 exclusive but I don't know if we can if the demand is high in japan"

Ninja Prime
09-02-06, 02:59 AM

Ninja Prime, There are millions of poeple who haven't played it... Just because you have doesn't mean ****.

Yeah, I'll bet everyone's just chomping at the bit to pay $600 for a console to play Oblivion exactly the same as it plays on the Xbox for $300... :rolleyes: hell for that $600 you could probably put together a comp that could handle it well enough, or upgrade your current comp enough to play it better than X-box or PS3.

Bad_Boy
09-02-06, 03:02 AM
Ninja, your retarded if you think anyone will pay hundreds just to play one game, especially oblivion. It's no different from somebody saying your paying 400 just to play gears of war. It's obvious you have an agenda on the ps3, why the **** do you care what games ps3 gets?

Ninja Prime
09-04-06, 01:08 AM
Ninja, your retarded if you think anyone will pay hundreds just to play one game, especially oblivion. It's no different from somebody saying your paying 400 just to play gears of war. It's obvious you have an agenda on the ps3, why the **** do you care what games ps3 gets?

"Oh noes, don't go after the PS3, my penis shrinks when you do!"

Grow up. I'm saying no one cares if Oblivion comes to PS3 because anyone who wants it will already have it, and can even buy it cheaper on another platfrom by the time it comes out for PS3. So stop getting big fanboy boners over nothing, its sooo annoying.

"OMFG, new rumor, I think PS3 is getting PONG!!!!oneoneeleven!!"
"OMFG, PS3 is getting Doom3!"
"OMFG, PS3 is getting game X that already exists elsewhere on other platfroms, thats sooo awesome and important!"

Peoples-Agent
09-04-06, 01:15 AM

I'd pay that much to play Gears of War, it's worth it. LOL

Bad_Boy
09-04-06, 01:42 AM
"Oh noes, don't go after the PS3, my penis shrinks when you do!"eh? and I'm the one who needs to grow up? right..

I'm saying no one cares if Oblivion comes to PS3 because anyone who wants it will already have it, and can even buy it cheaper on another platfrom by the time it comes out for PS3.I'm sure there are many people who havent played it who either A dont have a pc good enough to run it, or B dont have a 360. Obviously there are people who care if its being taken the time to port it by developers. Oh thats right, I take that back, only your opinion counts. I'm sorry. ;)

So stop getting big fanboy boners over nothing, its sooo annoying.
Please spare me, I already said I didnt like Oblivion. You think I'm gonna start praising it as soon as it gets on PS3? You are clearly mistaken if you you think that. I didnt like the game, not my cup of tea. period. If you find my posts annoying...PUT ME ON IGNORE. problem solved bro.

"OMFG, new rumor, I think PS3 is getting PONG!!!!oneoneeleven!!"
"OMFG, PS3 is getting Doom3!"
"OMFG, PS3 is getting game X that already exists elsewhere on other platfroms, thats sooo awesome and important!"And where did I spout this rubbish? Try not putting words in my mouth next time you try to make an argument, you only make yourself look worse.

I'd pay that much to play Gears of War, it's worth it. LOLAnd my orginal statement still stands. Paying hundreds for any one game is retarded imo. :p
Don't get me wrong, GOW is going to be a amazing game.

Bad_Boy
09-27-06, 04:25 PM
*bump

looks like it was confirmed by radiOPM
http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/Podcasts/OPM/092706.mp3
its a launch title with new content
supposedly 10-20+ hours worth.
scans will probably surface sooner or later

anticitizenzero
09-27-06, 04:27 PM
:thumbdwn:

|MaguS|
09-27-06, 04:38 PM
*bump

looks like it was confirmed by radiOPM
http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/Podcasts/OPM/092706.mp3
its a launch title with new content
supposedly 10-20+ hours worth.
scans will probably surface sooner or later

Um why does it sound like Disney Characters are talking...

EDIT:
I haven't gotten to Oblivion yet but the rant about "The Internets" about MGS4 is awsome!

msxyz
09-27-06, 05:39 PM
I think TES:Oblivion suffered from being designed with the consoles in mind: level scaling, shallow gameplay, lack of challenges, etc.

But now that Oblivion is already done, it won't get worse.

Bethesda sold its ass and soul to Microsoft a long time ago, it doesn't matter if they now also sell to Sony. Once a prostitute, a prostitute forever.

PS: Internet rumors say that issue 110 of OPM will contain an article on Oblivion. But don't forget that this is the same magazine that ran a story about Bioshock on the PS3

S.I.N
09-27-06, 05:49 PM
I'am shocked at this news.

|MaguS|
09-27-06, 05:55 PM
PS: Internet rumors say that issue 110 of OPM will contain an article on Oblivion. But don't forget that this is the same magazine that ran a story about Bioshock on the PS3

The Podcast says that the cover story for the Nov Issue will have all the Oblivion info, It will be on shelves on Oct 10th. As for Bioshock, I think its a time exclusive. We all know X360 and Windows gets it this year but I don't dout that next year we will see it brought to the PS3.

I honestly believe that exclusive 3rd Party titles will be obsolete in the coming years. Development costs are rising and the best way to see a return on it is to release the game on multiple platforms. The only thing that might hold is timed exclusives, we will be seeing more Resident Evil 4 things in the future.

Becoming
09-27-06, 05:59 PM
I think TES:Oblivion suffered from being designed with the consoles in mind: level scaling, shallow gameplay, lack of challenges, etc.

But now that Oblivion is already done, it won't get worse.

Bethesda sold its ass and soul to Microsoft a long time ago, it doesn't matter if they now also sell to Sony. Once a prostitute, a prostitute forever.

I love it when people on the internet talk about companies as if they were a hobo down the street that kicked their dog and pissed on their new sports car instead of a being a business. FYI, many people liked Oblivion just fine. The first time you took a job somewhere to make money, YOU sold out. Morals are great on "teh intarnets", but they don't pay the bills.

msxyz
09-27-06, 06:30 PM
. The first time you took a job somewhere to make money, YOU sold out. Morals are great on "teh intarnets", but they don't pay the bills.Selling out it's something entirely different.

It's trading an ideal, a principle or a style solely for money. Even companies do sell out sometimes. They trade their values and businness model leaving old-time customers out in the cold for greed and ambition. And this is what Bethesda has done. Sure, sometimes in the short run it will pay. But usually the company image is dirtied forever. And the market will look with more suspicion from now on.

What Bethesda did is screwing their own lore they created in the past games, oversemplifying the gameplay mechanics and porpusefully designing the game to be more appealing to casual non-rpg gamers.

Yet they used the "Elderscroll Brand" to lure old fans along with the new crowd they were hoping to cather. While Oblivion superficially resembles more Daggerfall than Morrowind it lacks of the depth of these past two titles. And worse, they kept on overpromising (like the touted Radiant AI that is nothing but some pretty basic scheduling) while they knew very well from the start they couldn't (and they didn't want to) deliver what their fans, on the forums, were asking.

If they were truly honest, they would have used another name, another setting while stating clearly from the start that they were doing a different game for a different audience. We, the old TES fans, wouldn't have complained.

On the official forums the developers usually showed up almost daily; now they don't dare to show up anymore on their own boards. I think this speaks well of how the community feels about Betehsda now.

S.I.N
09-27-06, 06:36 PM
Didnt it sell better on the 360? If so, it was a smart move on there part to make it console friendly.