PDA

View Full Version : New BioShock Screens ('System Shock 3')

Quickstar
08-31-06, 04:10 AM
I brought this up to combat console gamers so here are the screens.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/707/707640/imgs_1.html

I don't know how to plant the screens directly on the forum so someone please do the service :o

|MaguS|
08-31-06, 09:53 AM
Looks great but the use of bloom in all the shots is worrying, I hope the game doesn't overuse it.

Anyone know whats up with the little girl?

anticitizenzero
08-31-06, 11:11 AM
Its built on the heavily modified unreal 2 engine, similar to S.W.A.T, but they've modified it further with extremely good water physics. supposidly the best yet in a game.

stjuart
08-31-06, 12:34 PM
I thought they were using the unreal 3 engine, i might of read that wrong somewhere though, if they do use unreal 2 engine than thats good for us because it could run like swat 4 for ran great, even on my 9800 pro at full detail and now that i have a x1800xt it should runs even better, or it could become a bloated engine and run like ****.

CaptNKILL
08-31-06, 12:39 PM
Looks great but the use of bloom in all the shots is worrying, I hope the game doesn't overuse it.

Anyone know whats up with the little girl?
I read some articles on the game. The little girls go around and collect some sort of bio material from corpses, and the big scary guys protect them.

I guess people started harvesting creatures they found at the bottom of the sea for genetic experiments. They ended up using their bio-material to enhance themselves, and now the creatures are extinct, and the only way to get the stuff is to re-harvest it from the bodies of the dead, or steal it from the the little girls that already did. It'l be like nanites in System Shock 2 in that its basically the currency in the game. You use it for upgrades and enhancements as well as buying things or hacking.

jeffmd
08-31-06, 09:15 PM
that most definetly does not look like unreal2 engine. It looke about unreal3ish. Lots of normal maping, dx9 effects (bloom? didnt notice to much bloom at all.. rather I noticed alot of motion blur). The backdrops look awsome, but the models look horendus. They deform badly, and while the design of them is in a good direction, they just look fugly now.