PDA

View Full Version : Purevideo DVD playback black screen

parecon
08-31-06, 05:25 AM
Hello everyone, I'm wondering if someone can help me with a problem. I just got an Asus notebook with a Geforce Go 7600. I bought and installed the latest version of purevideo and I am using 84.26 Forceware notebook drivers from the Asus site. This is on a fresh install of WinXP Pro. I am playing it through WMP10.

But whenever I try to play DVD's I get a black screen but with sound. I can see the encode bar move in the video options of the purevideo panel, but just a black screen?

Anyone help me with this? The main reason I got it was to play DVD's when traveling. I tried changing the interlacing modes but no dice. And help greatly appreciated.

It's wierd, my DVD's worked no problem on my main machine with purevideo...

rewt
08-31-06, 05:41 AM
Try it with Media Player Classic 6.4.9.0. That will play anything, at least for me ;)

I've heard of this "black screen" problem before. Just did a search and some say it's caused by expired trial or registration data. Others say reinstalling PureVideo makes it work.

parecon
08-31-06, 05:43 AM
Well after hours and hours of screwing around with this thing I finally figured it out. If anyone else is getting black screens with DVD's with purevideo and using WMP10, make sure you have the the "Display media from internet" and "Update music files by internet" and "acquire liscense automatically" checked under Privacy. Got all my DVD's to play.