PDA

View Full Version : Flight Simulator X Beta

covertghost
08-31-06, 01:19 PM
Hello,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my acceptance Email into the Flight Simulator X Beta. The Whole download is almost 8.5Gig.. Now that is something which will test any connection.

OWA
08-31-06, 01:29 PM
Hello,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my acceptance Email into the Flight Simulator X Beta. The Whole download is almost 8.5Gig.. Now that is something which will test any connection.
Cool, be sure to post your impressions once you've got it downloaded and installed.

covertghost
08-31-06, 01:34 PM
Unfortunately, It won't be until Later after work. I don't get out until 8PM EST. Anyways what a surprise today to find that Email. I'm sure someone will post impressions before I get to it, but I will also post mine along with some screenshots. Hopefully the performance is alot better then the demo they released around a month ago.

arioch21
08-31-06, 03:26 PM
I got mine yesterday and played it all night, its a 15gig install, I never played the series before so I dont know how much has changed from prior versions or any other flight sim games. Im really enjoying it so far, there are a few bugs though with the menu, other then that the tutorials are pretty nice for newcomers. I only wish I had a joystick for this instead of a control pad ;p the performance seems to be better then from the demo. I would give more input but im still busy messing around with the graphic and detail settings as my comp is showing its age :D but im still trying to hold out for a dx10 vid card to come out to get a new rig. :)

covertghost
08-31-06, 03:39 PM
I can't wait to try it now. I will probably end up going home for lunch and at least begin downloading it. Have the textures on the planes improved from the regular demo? The textures were kind of crappy with the demo.

einstein_314
08-31-06, 04:44 PM
I got my key today as well. Currently downloading it at home on my computer. This should go great with my new Saitek X52 joystick :)

Bearclaw
08-31-06, 04:51 PM
I got my key today as well. Currently downloading it at home on my computer. This should go great with my new Saitek X52 joystick :)
You ended up getting that? Awesome. Is it worth it? I told you it owuld be haha. How do you like it?:D :D

covertghost
08-31-06, 04:51 PM
Problem is that those Fileplanet Servers are so fooking slow. Its going to take 11 hours to download the whole thing.

arioch21
08-31-06, 05:06 PM
am not sure if they are better then demo as I never got a chance to mess with demo settings before I uninstalled it. here's a quick ss, there is a problem though, even though textures are sharp where you start, they get washed out further out, I havent found a setting to maintain it sharp ?, or they arent loading properly.

(edit) by what I mean washed out, is that once you go further out the textures get worse and even if you come back to where you started they never regain sharpness.

http://www.acestyles.com/recent/sim01.jpg

sillyeagle
08-31-06, 05:33 PM
Why do people always think that when a company releases a demo they are releasing a sub par product? Do you not think they want to make the best impression possible with a demo? The textures are not going to change to from demo to beta, or even to release.

sillyeagle
08-31-06, 05:40 PM
once you go further out the textures get worse and even if you come back to where you started they never regain sharpness.

Thats the problem I had with the demo. I could fly up, then when I cam back down the hi-res textures would fail to load up, adn this ws with all sliders maxed out. It looked worse than Oblivion pea soup!

arioch21
08-31-06, 08:16 PM
Thats the problem I had with the demo. I could fly up, then when I cam back down the hi-res textures would fail to load up, adn this ws with all sliders maxed out. It looked worse than Oblivion pea soup!

well seems this problem only happens during missions, free flight keeps the textures sharp all the time.

http://www.acestyles.com/recent/sim02.jpg