PDA

View Full Version : P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe slow to post. Any ideas why?

Sebassis
08-31-06, 04:31 PM
Hi All,

Thought I'd ask if any of you have experienced this problem. Mine was booting fine for about 3 weeks, speedy as anything. Then I rebooted it earlier this evening and all of a sudden I'm getting a problem with the boot-up. It hangs on the P5N32 splash screen for 20-30 seconds before actually booting into the OS. I've seen someone else has had the same problem over on the Asus forum but no answers so far so I thought I'd see if anyone here has had this problem.

System Spec is as follows:

Case: Thermaltake Tsunami
PSU: Coolermaster 550W Real Power
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600
GFX: 2x XFX GeForce 7950 (Quad SLI forceware 91.45)
Mobo: P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe (bios 0305)
Memory: 2x 1GB Corsair CM2X1024-6400

Cheers,
Steve.

Tikiman44
08-31-06, 04:36 PM
Hi All,

Thought I'd ask if any of you have experienced this problem. Mine was booting fine for about 3 weeks, speedy as anything. Then I rebooted it earlier this evening and all of a sudden I'm getting a problem with the boot-up. It hangs on the P5N32 splash screen for 20-30 seconds before actually booting into the OS. I've seen someone else has had the same problem over on the Asus forum but no answers so far so I thought I'd see if anyone here has had this problem.

System Spec is as follows:

Case: Thermaltake Tsunami
PSU: Coolermaster 550W Real Power
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600
GFX: 2x XFX GeForce 7950 (Quad SLI forceware 91.45)
Mobo: P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe (bios 0305)
Memory: 2x 1GB Corsair CM2X1024-6400

Cheers,
Steve.

Have you been installing chipset drivers by any chance? Something the SW driver can cause this.

Sebassis
08-31-06, 06:44 PM
to Tikiman: Chipset drivers? The only driver I've installed recently was the 91.47 forceware driver using a modded inf from mobilevideo but that caused my dual display to not function so I rolled back to the 91.45 and dual display works fine. Rebooted a few times during that and no slow post problems then. I did install ntune to see if I could monitor the temps on the 4 GPU's but that didn't work in any case

to slaWter: 0305 is the latest beta bios from Asus which fixed a problem with the the amount of usable memory when you had 2GB or ram and quad sli.

Neither nVidia or Asus have released full versions of their latest drivers so not sure how to get around this one. I don't reboot that often so it's not a huge problem. It's just weird that this problem only surfaced today after several weeks of normal boot operations.

Thanks for the help so far.

Cheers,
Steve.

pokey_antic
09-10-06, 02:36 PM
Do you have a USB device that has memory card readers built in?

I have a Epson RX500 printer, and if it is turned on when I boot I get the same problem you describe.... a LONG wait for the memory card readers to be checked for media..... Just in case I want to boot off my printer...

Press TAB to get rid of the graphic as soon as you can during POST.. that way you can see what is going on when it begins to hang.

The Bigman
09-10-06, 09:01 PM
Thats the biggest problem with post is some people have usb devices that use card readers or hd's and that takes so long to detech if you hit esc you can see the usb deivces being detected.

I have same board and i have a monitor with built in card reader and printer wih card reader and usb drive and that all takes long to detect so yes you have one of those devices.