PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking and warrenty!

ATOJAR
08-31-06, 06:45 PM
Say for example beacuse i have overclocked my 7800gtx will the warrenty now be void? even if i used a overclocking feature that came on a disc with the card? i would have though it did BUT i mate of mine says it wont because they wouldent provied a feature that will void its warrenty, any ideas?

CaptNKILL
08-31-06, 06:50 PM
I dont really see how it could. I think technically it is supposed to void your warranty, but theres no way of knowing when a card has been overclocked as far as I know.

rewt
08-31-06, 06:56 PM
Most tools I've seen will prompt you the first time they start up, that overclocking will void the warranty. You're telling me you didn't get that prompt? What is the name of the tool?

atopork
08-31-06, 07:02 PM
what if the tool came on the disc that came with the card the one with the drivers on

ATOJAR
08-31-06, 07:06 PM
This is built into the drivers!

rewt
08-31-06, 07:07 PM
If it came with the card, and doesn't state anywhere that it voids the warranty, then it probably still voids the warranty. :p

Anyways like Capt said, they probably wouldn't have a way to detect if it was overclocked anyway. Unless you soldered a bunch of wires and/or electrical components to the board for a volt mod :p

mike2h
08-31-06, 07:59 PM
if it is built into the disc the manafacturer gave you then i wouldnt worry about it.
also, as stated above, the only way they will know is if you tell them

SgtPnkks
08-31-06, 11:00 PM
depends on the manufacturer...

i believe evga allows overclocking in their warranty

hemmy
09-01-06, 08:03 AM
no way they could tell unless you modify the bios