PDA

View Full Version : Printer Recommendations

Zelda_fan
09-01-06, 01:39 AM
I need a printer for my business. It dosen't need to be color or extremely fast, but it does need to be reliable and easy to use. Again, this is for business purposes, so I need it to be something solid and something that won't jam up or break down after 6 months of use. I'm looking to spend between $300-$400 on it.

Any brand or model recommendations?

Thanks.

Zelda_fan
09-01-06, 10:41 AM
bump

evilghost
09-01-06, 10:43 AM
HP4000 series.

Lazaredz
09-01-06, 12:25 PM
I know I'm probably gonna get burned for this but ....

I got my Lexmark E321 2 years ago and haven't had any problems with it at all.

One thing is for sure, I will NEVER go back to bubble/ink jet again. I could barely get those things to work for a year. The jets would jam, heads would get misaligned, and all in all they would just be a pain in the ass. And the cartridges were SO expensive and didn't last for crap.

Laser FTW baby!!

Dr.Nick
09-01-06, 01:26 PM
The Dell 1110 is a great laser printer for the price($99) and should be able to handle a small business with ease. We've been using an old 1100 for over a year and its been great.
Check out their printers here (http://www.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/laser?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd)

Zelda_fan
09-02-06, 05:15 PM
I decided on the HP Laserjet 1320. It's MSRP is $399, and NewEgg had it for about $300 after shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16828104330

I checked it out at Staples the other day, and it has a nice looking design, good ppm, double sided printing (something I reallyneed), and an overall quality looking device. The only thing is it doesn't include a USB cable. BestBuy charges a damn $30 for a USB cable. WTF? $30 for a freaking cable? Forget that, I'm not paying 30 bucks for something that costs them all of $1 to make.

Lazaredz
09-02-06, 06:15 PM
WTF it doesn't come with an A/B USB cable?

Even worse, you don't have one laying around??? ;)

Radio Shack maybe?

Bman212121
09-02-06, 10:43 PM

Radio Shack maybe?

Let's hope you were joking. :) (EDIT: I mean about radioshack) You can either pay $25 - $30 for a usb cable there, or go to Big lots, newegg, whatever and get 3 for $8. It's your choice. ;)

Zelda_fan
09-03-06, 06:34 PM
Let's hope you were joking. :) (EDIT: I mean about radioshack) You can either pay $25 - $30 for a usb cable there, or go to Big lots, newegg, whatever and get 3 for $8. It's your choice. ;)

I bought a cable at newegg for $3. lol. Best Buy is a bunch of morons.

einstein_314
09-04-06, 03:19 AM

Radio Shack maybe?
I don't think any printers come with USB cables these days...I don't understand why not...but they don't.

jAkUp
09-04-06, 03:53 AM
Yea I always found that weird to, why do printers not come with a USB cable??!!

Capt. Picard
09-04-06, 04:07 AM
Yeah, why not. It only costs about a buck.

superklye
09-04-06, 02:01 PM
I bought a cable at newegg for $3. lol. Best Buy is a bunch of morons.
No, the people that buy cables from them are.

My roommate works there and gets Monster cables for like $20. The markup on cables is so high it hurts and there are so many stupid people out there just ready and willing to open their wallets.

And printers don't come with them for this very reason. It's a money-making scheme for the companies, just like ink cartridges are.