PDA

View Full Version : This might sound funny but...my mouse is giveing me cramps.

LiquidX
02-15-03, 03:10 PM
and it hurts......I have the MX500 from logitech(traded in the MX700) and I think I might go back to my lighter Dell ball, hell I cant even notice a difference. I work out with 50 pound dumbbells and this thing is more of workout. Is there a way to make it lighter....as anyone done it?

-=DVS=-
02-15-03, 03:28 PM
Are you trying to say your mouse is to heavy ? :wtf: you don't have to lift it :D

LiquidX
02-15-03, 03:50 PM
Yes thats what I am saying, trust me if you use this mouse and played games and and worked on a computer all day you would see what I am saying. Those who are good at FPS have to move the mouse fast and you have to lift to make a good turn.

Darn guess I am just weak and complain to much.:(

-=DVS=-
02-15-03, 04:34 PM
Offcourse you have to move mouse and lift many many times i play alot :p

May i suggest Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer V3.0A (USB/PS2 Optical), mouse i have it and love it its very light alot lighter then my old PS2 Intellimouse ;)

The Baron
02-15-03, 05:04 PM
You use different muscles. Give it time. You'll get used to it. Seriously... I know people who get cramps using their mouses, but I've never had a spot of trouble with it. The difference between me and other people? Piano for 10 years. Believe me, I can use my fingers for about three hours straight without feeling tired at all... :p

jAkUp
02-15-03, 06:19 PM
you can make it lighter. open it up and take out the weight from underneath it... makes it mucho lighter

LiquidX
02-15-03, 06:51 PM
Jakup! Looks like the only way to open this mouse is with a few good bashes...is thier site what shows how to do this mod. I hate the weight that much to try such a mod.

jAkUp
02-15-03, 10:19 PM
yes i read it on a site with pictures and everything... i cant remember the exact site it was on... but im gonna take a look and see if i can find it

edit: nevermind... found the site...

looky down!:D :D

jAkUp
02-15-03, 10:22 PM
lol wow that was fast... i found it right here:
http://www6.tomshardware.com/consumer/20030110/mx_mice-06.html

It is not too heavy, but, like the MX 300, there is a weight under the hood that you can easily remove. To take the hood off, you just need to remove the two screws concealed under the sticker and then unscrew the one holding the weight in place.

this is what the weight looks like:
http://www6.tomshardware.com/consumer/20030110/images/mx500ouverte2.jpg

LORD-eX-Bu
02-16-03, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
You use different muscles. Give it time. You'll get used to it. Seriously... I know people who get cramps using their mouses, but I've never had a spot of trouble with it. The difference between me and other people? Piano for 10 years. Believe me, I can use my fingers for about three hours straight without feeling tired at all... :p

Heh, piano was fun for a bit, so was violin. Trumpet was also, kinda tore mah chops up tho ehehhe, but I think my fav out of all has to either be drums or electric guitar. You can't beat em', they'll kick your piano's ass any day of the week:p

The Baron
02-16-03, 09:56 AM
Steinway Grand?

Doubt it. ;)

LiquidX
02-16-03, 10:41 AM
Thanks big time jAkUp!! When the towns are seized and liberated I will remember you helped me friend!

Heh, piano was fun for a bit, so was violin. Trumpet was also, kinda tore mah chops up tho ehehhe, but I think my fav out of all has to either be drums or electric guitar. You can't beat em', they'll kick your piano's ass any day of the week

I got kicked out of band class in 93, my gay music teacher (he really was gay..man!he could wave a stick), still remember that day "you cant play intsruments the way you want in the music class Mr._ _ _ maybe someday you will be famous and I wil regret this but I am sorry". I begged and begged........I never did become famous...well atleast not yet. Sorry for getting emotional. :) :( :cry:

Greg
02-18-03, 06:12 AM
Okay everybody, music on...

Move that mouse to the left....

...and to the right....

...and up....

...and down...

...that's right....

...look'in good....

...and back...

...I'm a pony, I'm a pony....

:O

LORD-eX-Bu
02-18-03, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
Steinway Grand?

Doubt it. ;)

how much did that set you back?:D

Admiral Horror
02-18-03, 04:46 PM
My friends got me an MX500 for Christmas. I haven't had a comp at home at the time, so I took it to work to use for a day. After using it for one day I had cramps in my wrist like you wouldn't believe. On top of that my palm was getting really sweaty which never happened before with other mice. I looked at dozens of reviews of this mouse on the inet and every single one of them praised it for its comfort and ergonomics. Yet I felt undeniable pain in my wrist. I gave the mouse to my friend for a week asking him to use and see if he'll have any problems, he didn't. When I got the mouse back I decided to try it again. This time it felt fine and I've had no problems with it ever since. My conclusion was that since all my previous mice were from Microsoft my hand became incompatible with Logitech products. It had to go through the break-in process to become compatible with MX500.

Cheers

jAkUp
02-18-03, 07:05 PM
i had the same problem kinda... ive always used microsoft mouses... after about a day, i finally broke it in

CaptNKILL
02-22-03, 11:42 AM
wow, now I really feel like a computer nerd.

Ive been using a mouse\keyboard for so long (im almost 17) that I havent had a cramp or ANY pain in my hands in about 3 years. My MX500 is amazing. I can use it on just about any surface. I layed it on my shiny BLACK case and it still worked (although it was a bit slow). My old Logitech Optical v2 wouldnt even respond when I layed it on my case.

Anyone know when Logitech is going to update their Mouseware? It sux really bad now, and I had to uninstall it. Problem is, many games dont detect my extra buttons OR the wheel (only have left and right buttons in some games) without it.

Logitech makes the best HARDWARE ive ever used, but their software department needs to be taken out back and whacked REPEATEDLY with a heavy blunt object. :D

kyleb
02-23-03, 01:47 AM
lol no kidding CaptNKILL, i have their older dual optical which tracks like mad and genral rules so much i don't even care that im not right handed and the mouse is. ;)

as for mouseware, i think i instaled that once for about 5 minutes back in 1999. :D