PDA

View Full Version : New TeamFortress 2 Gameplay movie from VALVE!

Pages : [1] 2

PeterJensen
09-01-06, 01:56 PM
(nana2) (nana2)

You have to love valve for this amazing artwork :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=12826&type=wmv

CaptNKILL
09-01-06, 01:57 PM
w00t w00t w00t! Downloading now! :D

I had to play some TFC last night after watching the HD teaser video of TF2.

One thing I really hope they put into the game is a more complex scoring system. I ran into the same problem I always had last night. Its all fun, but if you want to score well, you have to either cap flags a lot or kill a lot. It doesnt take into account how much you do outside of that. I spent most of the time maintaining our turrets, gassing the other team or setting them on fire... its extremely hard to kill people using either of those tactics, but its very effective as a defense. They should give players points for the amount of time that enemies are poisoned, gassed or on fire.

PeterJensen
09-01-06, 01:59 PM
You are gonna love this. ONLY and i MEAN ONLY Valve can make stuff like this.

rudedog
09-01-06, 02:00 PM
I seen this the other day and it just makes me want TF2 even more. I love the spy and scout

I wonder what HL2 E2 is going to cost?

PeterJensen
09-01-06, 02:02 PM
I dont care what i costs, i'm getting it! :) And yea the scout looks awsome.

NaitoSan
09-01-06, 02:02 PM
Yup, looks amazing. I think it'll be around $29.

CaptNKILL
09-01-06, 02:03 PM
Dammit, this is old. :p

Theres an HD version of this. The original has been out for a couple weeks. ;)

PeterJensen
09-01-06, 02:03 PM
And damn you can rocket jump in this game :D

PeterJensen
09-01-06, 02:04 PM
Uhmm just saw it was new on steam...

CaptNKILL
09-01-06, 02:04 PM
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/teamfortress2/downloads/

HD Version available there

Peoples-Agent
09-01-06, 02:10 PM
I was a killer Engineer back in the day.... TFC FTW!

Only Counter Strike took me away from it, remember endless hours playing Siege on 56K and an AMD K6-2 300 ... on the early betas when you could barely tell who was Terrorist or CT on that bastid Mansion map. LOL

CaptNKILL
09-01-06, 02:13 PM
So, did anyone NOT recognize the map in the videos as 2Fort? :D

russ_3d
09-01-06, 02:20 PM
1st pc game i played online :o

PeterJensen
09-01-06, 02:22 PM
I really like valve for making this move. The game looks so fun, and it comes free with EP2 :)

CaptNKILL
09-01-06, 02:35 PM
yeah its the first one I successfully played online. I could never get Quake 2 to work properly online on my old crappy 24.4k dialup. I dont know why TFC worked so well online. Normal HL DM didnt work as well as TFC, CS and Firearms mod. I think it had to do with stuff being done client side so the lag wasnt so apparent.

stjuart
09-01-06, 04:31 PM
I really like valve for making this move. The game looks so fun, and it comes free with EP2 :)
Free, nothing is free in this world and valve needs to get there cut no matter what and you pretty much get what you pay for in this world. A lot of people were thinking before the price hike that valve was going to include TF2 as free bonus, a sign of good will for the long delay but deep down you knew they were going to charge more for what is essentially 3 games in one package. 30 dollars ill pay any more and they can go screw themselves.

DaveW
09-01-06, 05:50 PM
Anyone remember the TF2 vids from like 6 years ago? The game has been in development longer than DNF.

|MaguS|
09-01-06, 06:00 PM

First game I played online was Quake 1 Team Fortress. After that I went to Quake 2 Weapon Factory, and then Tribes... When EQ released, it hooked me for life.

CaptNKILL
09-01-06, 08:25 PM
Anyone remember the TF2 vids from like 6 years ago? The game has been in development longer than DNF.
I dont think its really been in developement that whole time. It almost had to have been put on hold for at least 2 or 3 years.

I'm really glad they held off on releasing it. Theres nothing like Team Fortress. The worst thing they could have done to it was turn it into a tactical shooter.

CaptNKILL
09-01-06, 09:30 PM
Man, I really cant wait till this comes out... I want to play some good old team fortress, but its nearly impossible to play TFC online anymore. The only people that are left playing are the ones that have been playing it non stop for 7 years. They follow their little program of "toss grenade here, jump over whole level, kill 12 enemies with one grenade here, grab flag, toss another grenade, bounce back to cap flag" and thats all the game is anymore. Too many people are just too damn good. And its either I play with those guys or I play with bots.

I really miss the good old days of TFC when there were actually lots players of different skill levels out there. I'm really itching for some TFC, but its just not the same game anymore. Its a bunch of guys spamming dozens of super precise grenades into the most effective places possible until you lose. :p

The randomness of the game was what made it fun. I really hope TF2 brings in a lot of new players. I want lots of full servers to play on.

EDIT: Also, just like any other older multiplayer game, its irritating as hell when admins use like 400 sound effects in their server. It takes an undetermined amount of time just to join a game when they do that. I've seen from 5 seconds to 10 minutes just to join servers. If any of you guys are ever an admin, do NOT do this. PLEASE. Most people just want to play the game, they dont want to wait 10 minutes for a bunch of useless sounds to download. :p

sillyeagle
09-01-06, 11:30 PM
WOW thats one of the coolest things I ever seen! Does this game have a single player feature or is it online only?

Looks to me like there's a fair bit of genius in that game.

|MaguS|
09-01-06, 11:30 PM
Online Only

Redeemed
09-02-06, 08:36 AM
Don't flame me too badly for this guys, but I've never played TF, ever. :(

But, from these vids of TF2- I think I'll start soon as TF2 goes retail. ;)

And I'm sold on the whole EP2 package- EP2, Portal, andTF2 all in one. :) Then again, if they ask more than say $35 for this, I'm gonna' wait till it drops a bit.

gram_vaz
09-02-06, 09:42 AM
Wow, did not know those two games were going to be packaged with hl2 episode 2. Awesome(if it doesn't cost over $30 that is).

Mr. Hunt
09-02-06, 10:56 AM
Yup... looks awesome and the engineer and sniper will once again be my favorite classes...

Btw... why was the Medic absent? :(