PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista RC1 build 5600 RELEASED!!!

Pages : [1] 2

AthlonXP1800
09-01-06, 07:52 PM
http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=34866

WOW RC1 was official released on 1 Sept 2006, it now available to download for Connect members so I hope it will leak to the public on torrent very very soon. :D (nana2)

Huh RC1 build 5600 released on 1 Sept as I was installed build 5536 2 days ago and just actived it with a spare Beta 2 key. I think RC1 build 5600 will need different key, beta 2 keys will not work with it.

Edit: Well after read Neowin forum, according to some people saying that beta 2 keys will work with build 5600. If so that will be great news for us. :D

thunderhippo
09-01-06, 09:35 PM
holy jesus!
right when i get almost... all the kinks out of the 5536 install..

oh well. movin on.

AthlonXP1800
09-02-06, 04:55 AM
I found 32bit version torrent and now am downloading it. (nana2)

K007
09-02-06, 05:26 AM
5600..that was fast

Annihlist
09-02-06, 05:39 AM
Beta 2 keys still work with RC1 :), that is if they don't change something in the public release

rewt
09-02-06, 06:39 AM

yarr (pirate)

grey_1
09-02-06, 11:50 AM

I'll have to wait..too slow for me

Phyxion
09-02-06, 12:41 PM
Already have this one up and running the whole day :) Runs nice and smooth.

tweaked
09-03-06, 01:01 AM
Do the new Nvidia drivers support SLI in vista?

and does anyone know if you can get away with using the new drivers with pre-rc1?

rewt
09-03-06, 01:09 AM
Do the new Nvidia drivers support SLI in vista?

and does anyone know if you can get away with using the new drivers with pre-rc1?

The release notes for drivers says no, SLI is not supported. The drivers will probably work on earlier builds but apparently they haven't been tested as much.

rewt
09-03-06, 01:18 AM
I'll have to wait..too slow for me

Often times it is much faster to download things via bittorrent, because bittorrent works on a distributed network rather than trying to download something from one central server that may be getting hammered..

If it's too slow, then you haven't downloaded the right torrent. Either that, or your connection is too slow or haven't set up your client properly.

I use utorrent client for all my bittorrent needs. It normally makes 100% efficiency of my bandwidth, which is around 350KB/s download. I set upload speed to 10KB/s. I would go higher but my upload speed sucks. Too high of an upload speed has negative effects on your download speed.

K007
09-03-06, 03:30 AM
Yea Utorrent gave me a massive boost in download speed over Azureus. Best small client there is -.-

grey_1
09-03-06, 06:51 AM
Often times it is much faster to download things via bittorrent, because bittorrent works on a distributed network rather than trying to download something from one central server that may be getting hammered..

If it's too slow, then you haven't downloaded the right torrent. Either that, or your connection is too slow or haven't set up your client properly.

I use utorrent client for all my bittorrent needs. It normally makes 100% efficiency of my bandwidth, which is around 350KB/s download. I set upload speed to 10KB/s. I would go higher but my upload speed sucks. Too high of an upload speed has negative effects on your download speed.
I guessing I haven't downloaded the right torrent, I don't use it much so I probably don't have it set up properly either. I'll give it another go..

fellix
09-03-06, 08:26 AM
Anyone succeed with nF4 audio driver working on 64-bit Vista?
Mine says that it couldn't find the device, or that the driver itself isn't certified and refuses to run. I'm using the latest driverpack for current RC1 build.
DRM infection!?

AthlonXP1800
09-03-06, 03:01 PM

That very interesting, my upload speed is 45KB, I will test your method to see if it help boost download speed. Vista RC1 5600 torrent took 13 hours to completed with download speed up to 150KB.

GamerGuyX
09-04-06, 02:29 AM
I think I'll wait until this becomes public. Don't have to much experience with torrents...

fellix
09-04-06, 02:41 AM
This morning, Vista surprised me with a strange boot-error message:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9329/booterrormy5.jpg

The .sys file is part from the famous StarForce copy-protection system.
The real question is how this "thing" appeared in the fresh Vista setup, without any third-party application being installed!?

PeterJensen
09-04-06, 03:33 AM
Just got word from HP and Microsoft denmark that the, RTM (release to manufacturing) of Windows Vista, is currently slated for the second half of October 2006.
This means that the final build of Vista WILL be out to OEM in Oktober. Also MS will support RC1 of vista with updates until 2007.
So look for leaks in Oktober, and G80 soon after? :)

K007
09-04-06, 04:52 AM
Woah..i am soo gonna grab the leak..then grab the final (pay)...when its here

rewt
09-04-06, 08:50 AM
That very interesting, my upload speed is 45KB, I will test your method to see if it help boost download speed. Vista RC1 5600 torrent took 13 hours to completed with download speed up to 150KB.

Depends on your connection. For example, I have cable which has an upload cap of like 128kbps (little b = bits). Thats like twice as fast as 56K modem speed, which of course still stinks..

However my download speed is around 3Mb/s. HUGE difference.

Try a program called MySpeed (http://www.myspeed.com/pe/index.html) by Visualware. It's a pretty handy tool for determining your upload and download speeds. Remember, when running bittorrent, only use at maximum 80% of your upload capacity. If you use 80% or more of your upload capacity, downloads and/or web browsing will likely grind to a halt.

K007
09-05-06, 04:35 AM
Whats the security in Vista like? Can we rely on the Firewall..like say a program like Kerio..and antivirus?..Mail Spam?

K007
09-05-06, 06:09 AM
Well...i tried..all i got was a BSOD..and it was too fast something about nvlkm..something.sys..

Not sure if it is cause i use a GX2..and it has problems with the driver..and i have a AGP 6800GT which wont work since i have PCI-E...gg

Majed
09-05-06, 06:50 AM
i got messages told me about "don't have Administrator privilege to do ...." in Vista rc1.
like "PlexTools Professional XL" and "Acronis True Image Workstation" last build..
my user is Admin.

any one know how to fix this...

K007
09-05-06, 06:58 AM
nvldkmn.sys...i tried out other things..but i cant do much as the os wont boot in ..and i cant install the latest nvidia drivers i got from the site because the installtion is incomplete..

RC1 proper build will have to have GX2 drivers in it updated..because otherwise its the only thing ic an think of why it gives this error..

Its the GX2..it dosen't support Vista...GG Nvidia flagship single PCI-E card is kaput in Vista..

LycosV
09-05-06, 09:40 AM
Majed: If you're getting administrative rights errors you're running up against UAC. You can't log in as the actual admin unless you changed something pretty significant (which I would not have done). All you have to do is disable UAC and all old admin rights will be available to admin accounts. Run msconfig and then go to Tools and down to disable UAC. You'll loose the protection but it will get rid of the prompts and blocks, it's up to you.