PDA

View Full Version : EVGA Step-Up is taking forever!

MaXThReAT
09-02-06, 02:36 PM
I don't know how long it normally takes, this is my first step-up. I submitted it back in July, July 10th. I started #69 in line and I'm only #29 in line, almost two months later. I hope that doesn't mean another two months of waiting. we'll have a DX10 card soon after. I'm going from a 7900gt-SC to a 7900tg-KOSC. I was planning on dual GTKOSC's but if it takes much longer I donít' know. How many of you have got your step-ups?

CaptNKILL
09-02-06, 02:48 PM
:eek:

Thats completely rediculous... have you contacted them about that??

My friend did a stepup, and I did a stepup. Niether took more than a few weeks for a complete turn around (wait for queue, send card, recieve new card).

Theres deffinitely something wrong there man. :o

Lazaredz
09-02-06, 03:13 PM
Might be related to this

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75963

sounds like inventory is running low. Wonder if it has to do with the build up to changing over to G80s?

MaXThReAT
09-02-06, 05:36 PM
At first they attempted to cancel my step-up on me. With all their new rules and limitations you can't setup a card that has been RMA'ed. I RMA'ed my first card and was stepping-up using the new card. Since I had requested my set-up before the change they put me back in the queue, how nice of them. I might give them a call and complain but I won't expect much out of em.

Super KW
09-04-06, 07:59 AM
i steped up from 7800GTX to 7900GTX took 1 week

Lazaredz
09-04-06, 03:24 PM
At first they attempted to cancel my step-up on me. With all their new rules and limitations you can't setup a card that has been RMA'ed. I RMA'ed my first card and was stepping-up using the new card. Since I had requested my set-up before the change they put me back in the queue, how nice of them. I might give them a call and complain but I won't expect much out of em.

Whoah whoah whoah ..... so you get a bum card, have to RMA it and for that YOU loose your ability to access their step-up program because THEY sent you a crap card????

WTF???? EVGA is sounding more and more bogus.

:(

HeavyH20
09-04-06, 06:38 PM
You can Step Up an RMA card. But, the Step Up period is from the original purchase date not the replacement date. Not much of a restriction.

BTW, I stepped up from a 7900GTX to a 7950GX2 and that took a couple of weeks.

Xion X2
09-04-06, 07:21 PM
Sounds like you're doing the step-up program a splinter at a time.

john19055
09-04-06, 11:02 PM
I step up to a 7900GTX EGS from a 7900GT Signature Series and it took a month ,I stayed at Queue #1 for over a week. I guess stock is just low.

Lazaredz
09-05-06, 07:38 AM
You can Step Up an RMA card. But, the Step Up period is from the original purchase date not the replacement date. Not much of a restriction.

BTW, I stepped up from a 7900GTX to a 7950GX2 and that took a couple of weeks.

Okay, that is reasonable, but not what I thought he said. :)

MaXThReAT
09-05-06, 08:59 PM

I was told with their new guidelines you’re not able to anymore. It was just some EVGA person on the phone but he told me the reason my set-up disappeared on the website was because I submitted an RMA'ed card and with their new system they no longer honor RMA'ed cards, could have just been a cover but...I'll give em until the 10th, 90 days from submitting it and see what's going on and if I could get bumped up, waiting three months is getting stupid. I'm still #29 in line.

Whoah whoah whoah ..... so you get a bum card, have to RMA it and for that YOU loose your ability to access their step-up program because THEY sent you a crap card????
WTF???? EVGA is sounding more and more bogus.

That's what he said. I'll ask about it when I call and let you guys know.

MaXThReAT
09-14-06, 01:58 PM
*BUMP*
Well I finally got my notification my setup is going through. I've got to send them over a copy of my invoice, pay $35 for overnight shipping and Free GTKO SC here I come. I'm stoked, I know it's only 550 up to 580 but I'm going to OC this card, I didn't touch the GTSC, I hope for 600+/1600 I Should have it within two weeks the way my $$$ is going.

john19055
09-15-06, 03:06 AM
you should be able to get 600/1600 ,from what I heard the voltage is the same as the Signature Series and mine is 1.45v on the core instead of the 1.2v.and my 7900GT SS will overclock to 675/1800,I fineally got my step-up today ,I could have got it a little faster but I did'nt want to pay that much for shipping,but ground just took 3 days.

MaXThReAT
10-12-06, 11:36 AM
Well I just thought I would update this post with the latest. After waiting since 7/10/06 I have finally processed my step-up. I received my 7900GTKO superclock lastnight. Checked the volts and it is a nice 1.45v. I first tested it out with a run of 3Dmark06. Very first run through Deep-Freeze turns into artifacts near the end of the test. Tested with 91.28 91.48 and 92.91 Same artifacts. RTIBHDRL also has some odd colors, most games are the same deal. :thumbdwn: Down clocking to 500/1400 and shes fine.
So after after all this I traded a perfectly good GT superclock for a bad GTKO superclock. Another RMA is already in the works. I would have thought that over the past 5 months EVGA would have this issue taken care of. O-well in the end I'll get the clocks I'm due, so much for 600/1600 My plan was to do SLI after I did the setup but we're so near G80 I think I save my money.

john19055
10-12-06, 04:55 PM
It is not nessersary bad ,I think it is just the benckmarks ,I traded up and got a 7900GTX and in 3DMark06 I get them same artifacts you are talking about in deep freeze and some times in 3DMark 03 messes up ,but every game I load and play ,I have no problems what ever ,I have played Prey ,Doom3 Quake4 ,NFS MW,HalfLife2 ,Sin episodes,Fear and some others and they all run perfect with everything set to max and I run them at 1600x1200,So I just said the helll with those 3Dmarks and not worry about the cards no more ,since I have been though six different models of 7900's to the 7900 CO KO to the 7900GTX and the Signature Series and they all gave me problems ith Deep freeze ,but even the build in benchmarks such as fear ,Quake4 all run perfect.

stevemedes
10-12-06, 09:04 PM
Well I just thought I would update this post with the latest. After waiting since 7/10/06 I have finally processed my step-up. I received my 7900GTKO superclock lastnight. Checked the volts and it is a nice 1.45v. I first tested it out with a run of 3Dmark06. Very first run through Deep-Freeze turns into artifacts near the end of the test. Tested with 91.28 91.48 and 92.91 Same artifacts. RTIBHDRL also has some odd colors, most games are the same deal. :thumbdwn: Down clocking to 500/1400 and shes fine.
So after after all this I traded a perfectly good GT superclock for a bad GTKO superclock. Another RMA is already in the works. I would have thought that over the past 5 months EVGA would have this issue taken care of. O-well in the end I'll get the clocks I'm due, so much for 600/1600 My plan was to do SLI after I did the setup but we're so near G80 I think I save my money.

Tell them to send you a GTO