PDA

View Full Version : The LocoRoco thread.

Pages : [1] 2

oldsk00l
09-02-06, 09:07 PM
I have my copy of LocoRoco ready for me Tuesday morning.

VERY excited to play this game.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/UCUS-98662/Site/

|MaguS|
09-02-06, 10:17 PM
I shall be picking it up aswell.

Q
09-02-06, 11:04 PM
Is this from the makers of Gish?

oldsk00l
09-02-06, 11:12 PM
No, this is a 1st party title I believe.

Zelda_fan
09-03-06, 02:43 AM
I have my copy of LocoRoco ready for me Tuesday morning.

VERY excited to play this game.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/UCUS-98662/Site/

I had better not hear one single word about how Nintendo makes only kiddie games.

Toss3
09-03-06, 04:04 AM
LoL, this has to be a joke, right!? :D

|MaguS|
09-03-06, 08:43 AM
Funny thing its other then the cutesy look, its not kiddy at all. Its a puzzle title.

Zelda_fan
09-03-06, 09:39 AM
Funny thing its other then the cutesy look, its not kiddy at all. Its a puzzle title.

What a coincidence, so was wind waker.

oldsk00l
09-03-06, 10:16 AM
I had better not hear one single word about how Nintendo makes only kiddie games.

LOL!!!

Fair enough, but even if Nintendo does make MOSTLY kiddie games...I think most of em rock :D

|MaguS|
09-03-06, 11:32 AM
What a coincidence, so was wind waker.

I thought Wind Waker was too childish at times though, It's graphics were cute but they went beyond just for looks and threw in goofy child comedy in there aswell as simplified alot of the puzzles (OOT had far harder dungeons).

Zelda_fan
09-03-06, 04:36 PM
LOL!!!

Fair enough, but even if Nintendo does make MOSTLY kiddie games...I think most of em rock :D

tbh this looks like a fun game too. What can I say. Kiddie games are fun.

Peoples-Agent
09-03-06, 05:07 PM
Looks f***ing ghey to me.

Use to be "want a sweety little boy" , now it's pulling up with a PSP and going "Here, look at my LocoRoco".

WTF ... LoL

oldsk00l
09-03-06, 05:11 PM
Looks f***ing ghey to me.

Use to be "want a sweety little boy" , now it's pulling up with a PSP and going "Here, look at my LocoRoco".

WTF ... LoL

If you played the demo, you'd be shutting the f'up...

Peoples-Agent
09-03-06, 05:25 PM
If you played the demo, you'd be shutting the f'up...

I saw the trailer, and that is by far enough.

If I was smoking weed again like I did in my teens, then maybe I might see something in this, otherwise.... it would take a schoolgirl panty sniffing bunch to even consider the concept.

Fat blobs rolling around and bouncing off stuff, throw in the odd ledge to bounce off too.

oldsk00l
09-03-06, 05:38 PM
I saw the trailer, and that is by far enough.

If I was smoking weed again like I did in my teens, then maybe I might see something in this, otherwise.... it would take a schoolgirl panty sniffing bunch to even consider the concept.

Fat blobs rolling around and bouncing off stuff, throw in the odd ledge to bounce off too.

You can't understand the gameplay mechanic from watching the video.

You don't directly control the blobs, story goes that you play as the planet itself and rotate the stage and environment. It's actually quite fun, but, again..those who haven't had a chance to try the demo just don't get it.

Peoples-Agent
09-03-06, 05:41 PM
You can't understand the gameplay mechanic from watching the video.

You don't directly control the blobs, story goes that you play as the planet itself and rotate the stage and environment. It's actually quite fun, but, again..those who haven't had a chance to try the demo just don't get it.

Ahhh, so you manipulate the environment as such.

I would get hooked playing this, but i'd never usually admit to that. Considering it's PSP, i'd be sat in bed playing it. LOL ..STFU gf , keep your legs closed, i'm busy.

oldsk00l
09-05-06, 09:27 PM
Ahhh, so you manipulate the environment as such.

I would get hooked playing this, but i'd never usually admit to that. Considering it's PSP, i'd be sat in bed playing it. LOL ..STFU gf , keep your legs closed, i'm busy.

Actually, it's that good. This game is crazy awesome, totally worth the wait. It's another one of those I'd have gladly paid $50 for. This is one of the most unique games I've ever played. Totally original gameplay mechanic, and the artform/interaction is wonderful.

It's very cutesy, but it's insidiously and infectiously cutesy. It's one of those you just have to play and like a little kid inside you get giddy over some of the stupid things the locoroco's do. Best PSP game imho, it broke me away from dark resurrection...which is a major feat.

Man, I'm really loving being a PSP owner lately....

oldsk00l
09-05-06, 10:00 PM
btw IGN nails it with this closing comment

You'll discover playing Locoroco is a lot like eating candy, only without the stomachache after an overdose. That sounds absurd but it really gets the point across. It's vibrant, cheery and serves no other point than to make you smile. But, like candy, Locoroco also ends sooner than you want it to end. Still, it's fantastic while it lasts and just the kind of game you want in your pocket. Chances are some people out there won't like it, but these are the same kind of people who don't like candy: weirdos.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/730/730456p1.html

If you go out and buy a PSP and buy LocoRoco, Tekken Dark Resurrection, Daxter, and Syphon Filter...they will probably be some of the best gaming dollars you've spent.

LiquidX
09-08-06, 03:47 PM
This is truely the most beautiful and unique game I have ever played. Its so simple but I cant begin to describe it. I thought the novelty would ware off after a bit, but days later I still smile while playing it and I cant help it. So nicely done. And the music with a child singing is terribly cute but fits the game perfectly and is catchy and great to listen to. If a OST is ever released I may buy it. It may seem too cute, no...it is but its a game everyone should have or try atleast once.

Also you can get a feel of it with a PC Demo of sorts with the link below. I can see someone making a flash version pretty soon.
http://locoroco.com/index.html?locale=en_GB

oldsk00l
09-10-06, 11:16 AM
Seriously, uniqueness is just oozing in this game, in a FUN way.

jAkUp
09-10-06, 11:26 AM
Looks alot like gish..

|MaguS|
09-10-06, 11:28 AM
Looks alot like gish..

Because Gish is so colorful and happy? Plus the gameplay isn't remotly similar...

jAkUp
09-10-06, 11:31 AM
Well from playing the flash game it sure feels like gish. Controller a blob that can fit through small spaces. Only keys are forward back and jump. Not bad, just seemed similar to me.

oldsk00l
09-10-06, 11:32 AM
Well from playing the flash game it sure feels like gish. Controller a blob that can fit through small spaces. Only keys are forward back and jump. Not bad, just seemed similar to me.

Yeah I just don't see Gish in this. Yeah there's a blob, but gish is no where NEAR as charming and...you are gish.

In this game the locoroco's aren't controllable directly. You influence them, and the gameplay changes dramatically for it.

oldsk00l
09-10-06, 11:37 AM
Another thing, the flash leaves a LOT of the gameplay mechanic out too....