PDA

View Full Version : Circuit City will make your 360 backwards compatible ... for $30!

Pages : [1] 2

Gaco
09-03-06, 07:53 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/01/circuit-city-will-make-your-360-backwards-compatible-for-30/

lol talk about fraud :D

npras42
09-03-06, 08:06 AM
That's disgusting business practice from a well-known vendor. I'm not from the States so I have no idea how reputable they usually are but I know they are a pretty big company and should know better.

Gaco
09-03-06, 09:00 AM
Yeah exactly. If I was american, I'd do a personal boycott on them! :thumbdwn:

oldsk00l
09-03-06, 10:25 AM
Now that's low, what really blows is that I know some people are gonna go for this...very sick feeling has overcome me...

a12ctic
09-03-06, 10:31 AM
a replyer there has a point "we bought bottled watter". Im not mad at circuit city because of this, people that are stupid enough to buy it will. Just like bottled watter, its ridiculous, stupid, and a waste of money, but its gets sold like wildfire.

gram_vaz
09-03-06, 11:07 AM
a replyer there has a point "we bought bottled watter". Im not mad at circuit city because of this, people that are stupid enough to buy it will. Just like bottled watter, its ridiculous, stupid, and a waste of money, but its gets sold like wildfire.It's a valid fear that the stuff coming out of the tap isn't completely clean. I just don't trust tap water. For every site where i read something like this (http://www.nrdc.org/water/drinking/uscities/contents.asp) there's also something like this (http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2001-05-02-bottled-water.htm). But meh, bottled water just tastes better to me. Why not start asking why we all don't drink tap water instead of buying pepsi or coke or mountain dew or other beverages.

a12ctic
09-03-06, 12:40 PM
all that bottled watter is, is tap water put through a purifyer that you could buy at the store. Where i live the tap water is excellent.

gram_vaz
09-03-06, 01:07 PM
Some bottled water manufacturers are indeed suspected of just taking tap water and putting it through a purifier. But still, bottled water just tastes better to me. :)

jAkUp
09-03-06, 01:10 PM
Bottled water is useful. Its useful if you are on the road, or not at home. Not only that purifiers take forever just to get a cup. lol

oldsk00l
09-03-06, 01:51 PM
Bottled water is useful. Its useful if you are on the road, or not at home. Not only that purifiers take forever just to get a cup. lol

You know my PUR filter I really liked, till the damn thing fell apart. PUR replaces them for free fortunately, but it's a huge hassle. They only last like 6 months and then they go to hell.

But at least on those you get a cup pretty fast.

superklye
09-03-06, 01:54 PM
I love Milwaukee...thanks to the Cryptosporidium (sp?) outbreak back in the early '90s, we now have some of the best tap water in the world. :D

toxikneedle
09-03-06, 02:07 PM
I think NY is supposed to have like the best tap water or something....

The circuit city thing, although very lame, is typical of businesses to do. I remember when I had my HD cable box installed they asked if I want them to hook it up to my TV for 20 extra bucks...... as in 20 bucks for them to hook up a component cable from the TV to the cable box.... So yeah oh well, the people that get that type of stuff are the sheep.

Gaco
09-03-06, 04:05 PM
a replyer there has a point "we bought bottled watter". Im not mad at circuit city because of this, people that are stupid enough to buy it will. Just like bottled watter, its ridiculous, stupid, and a waste of money, but its gets sold like wildfire.

I don't think it's the same thing. Bottled water is pretty easy to see through and make up your mind with; everyone know what it is and know what they're getting while a lot of people gets cheated while buying computer equipment because "all that computer stuff" is much more obscure business and many people is just forced to trust the sellsman if they lack general computer knowledge. They are taking advantage of people's ignorence, and some people are credulous and unsuspecting (not stupid) enough to fall for it. It's ugly business from such a big vendor IMO :(

Zelda_fan
09-03-06, 04:43 PM
all that bottled watter is, is tap water put through a purifyer that you could buy at the store. Where i live the tap water is excellent.

Once again, you show your ignorance on a subject.

There is a very good reason I drink mineral water (NOTE key word there MINERAL) instead of tap water. One, I enjoy the taste of mineral water better than NY tap water, and two, mineral water has MINERALS in it and tap water does not. Minerals are healthy for you. Chlorine (found in tap water) is not healthy for you. Has nothing to do with cleanliness. Matter of fact, mineral water is probably dirtier than tap because they don't run it through a filter, they bottle it striaght from the source.

In particular, their are three mineral waters I like:

Fiji - bottled at the source on the island of Fiji
Aqua Panna - bottled from a stream in Italy
San Pellegrino - sparkeling water bottled from a stream in Italy

jAkUp
09-03-06, 04:48 PM
You know my PUR filter I really liked, till the damn thing fell apart. PUR replaces them for free fortunately, but it's a huge hassle. They only last like 6 months and then they go to hell.

But at least on those you get a cup pretty fast.

Yea I had one of them too and it exploded. lol seriously exploded.

a12ctic
09-04-06, 04:06 PM

There is a very good reason I drink mineral water (NOTE key word there MINERAL) instead of tap water. One, I enjoy the taste of mineral water better than NY tap water, and two, mineral water has MINERALS in it and tap water does not. Minerals are healthy for you. Chlorine (found in tap water) is not healthy for you. Has nothing to do with cleanliness. Matter of fact, mineral water is probably dirtier than tap because they don't run it through a filter, they bottle it striaght from the source.

you are, quite possibly, the worst tool that i have ever encountered.

saturnotaku
09-04-06, 04:51 PM
Pot. Kettle. Black.

Roadhog
09-04-06, 05:08 PM
Pot. Kettle. Black.

QFT

gravioli
09-04-06, 08:19 PM

FYI, tap water has plenty of minerals in it (magnesium, calcium, etc.)

evilchris
09-04-06, 08:26 PM
you are, quite possibly, the worst tool that i have ever encountered.

Go look in the freaking mirror tinfoil boy.

Gaco
09-06-06, 12:32 PM

100% correct :)

Starscream
09-06-06, 12:56 PM
I like to add my own sea salt flavor to to the water I drink. (nana2)

brady
09-06-06, 02:49 PM
I like to add my own sea salt flavor to to the water I drink. (nana2)

I refuse to drink water or anything that has water in it!!!

Rakeesh
09-06-06, 03:55 PM

To add to that, chlorine is one of many atoms that your body (and most organic materials for that matter) has an abundance of. Hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, and chlorine are the five most common elements in fact.

A mineral you really want to avoid however is any form of nitrates (E.g. KNO3 and NaNO3) which are actually somewhat common in some bottled waters, but are rare to find in tap water. For this reason you should never give bottled water to e.g. infants.

Toss3
09-06-06, 04:28 PM
Now what the hell happened to this thread? :D

BACK ON TOPIC:And I think they're targeting those who don't have an internet connection, since most backwards compatible titles most often need updates to be bc in the first place. :o I still think 30$ is a bit steep for something one could get for free. :(