PDA

View Full Version : DFI 590 Overclocking!!! UPDATE: Cancelled??!?!!

jAkUp
09-03-06, 01:27 PM
It's looking a little better!

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=3943&s=8

First of all, in terms of performance, this board plays like a dream-lover. You don't tweak around much, run it like it is and see it out run its competitors. It was also way easy to get it running good, within minutes I was at prime spot benchmarking the motherboard with very optimal settings. But it has a Killer downside to it, being an early sample and on a beta BIOS. The current BIOS does not support FSB in Excess of 325MHz. This will be more and more of a damper the lower-end your Core 2 Duo gets with the dropping multipliers. It does not support higher than 11x multiplier with an X6800 CPU. It only supports up to 1.6v VCore. We can only wait to see how well the BIOS will pan out... and how high the FSB can go when the BIOS gets in shape.

SH64
09-03-06, 02:26 PM
Nice to know .. i plan going for the DFI. i dont intend much o/cing either i just want rock solid stability & performance.

Lazaredz
09-03-06, 02:58 PM
Hope that new BIOS works out.

Guess its more waiting for now.

:(

ArrowMk84
09-03-06, 03:30 PM
Nice to know .. i plan going for the DFI. i dont intend much o/cing either i just want rock solid stability & performance.

Exactly. The most important thing for me is stability and SLI. Any overclocking ability is a bonus, especially since the E6600 (which I already have) already destroys the X2 4800 its going to replace. As long as the new motherboard I get is more stable than my current one, I'll be happy. Now if I can just decide between getting the Asus board, since it should be out first, or waiting for the DFI...

jAkUp
09-03-06, 03:43 PM
Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!

welll i just heard some sad news, this board maybeee cancelled, as a newer chipset C55 is just around the corner
may be as early as october/november...
even if that happens, i still want that >11x multiplier!!! This is by far the best intel NF chipset board I've used, raw as it is!!!

http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=90520

Roadhog
09-03-06, 03:58 PM
lol owned.

jAkUp
09-03-06, 04:05 PM
Oh well, maybe its for the best :o

PeterJensen
09-03-06, 04:14 PM
The Asus P5B is just as good, if you dont need SLI.

Lazaredz
09-03-06, 04:30 PM
Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=90520

I would actually rather wait. From what I understand its the old chipset that is holding this board back OC wise, so adding another 30+days to get the board up to snuff sounds good to me.

ArrowMk84
09-03-06, 05:29 PM
Heh, if the new chipset will be out that soon, maybe I should wait. I wonder how much dust will be on CPU and RAM boxes by then...

sabersix1
09-03-06, 06:14 PM
This is what I wrote as a reply to Shamino's Review after Jakup:

http://http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=90520

Same Here Shami! Ive been hoping for a great overclocker, as I am going with the Vapochill ls for the proc and watercooling for the NB and SB. I liked the Digital PWM and the fact that there were no caps in the way of the evaporator installation assy. If it is true that DFI is cancelling this board than all I can say is GOOD. I was not to thrilled with paying $250-$300 for a FAKE NF5 590 that is still using the same NF4 C19 NB that my current ASUS P5N32 SLI Deluxe has. If they(DFI) are going to wait for the real deal "C55" NF5 NB than I am all in favor of waiting. So is my X6800,(Which is still sitting in its unopened box) as the DFI's current BIOS not allowing the unlocked MULTI's really made my disappointment grow that much more. I know you wrote that in your review(which I DO APPLAUD BTW) that the DFI Board was a sample and was not the final release. Like You, I am hoping for a much better tuned BIOS with higher FSB's and unlocked Multipliers for the Production Model. Please, tell your friends at DFI that there are a lot of guys waiting for a great LAN PARTY SLI Board to overclock Our CONROE CPU's with, not to mention Our EVGA Graphics Cards. We would really appreciate it if the DFI engineers would put the same kind of love and compassion into making a GREAT Overclocking Board like they do for the AMD SLI Lan Party, with the real NF5 590 C55 NB and C51 SB that includes all the features that the NVIDIA NF5 590 SLI IE Series is supposed to have.
Thanks again for another Great and Honest Review, Shamino! Again you show that "Integrity" is what it is all about.
Patiently Waiting with an X6800 and Vapochill LS FTW, Your Friend EVGAJKohl.;)

lee63
09-04-06, 05:17 PM
Well I hope the Asus board is not cancelled :( I have my X6800 ready to go (nana2) (nana2)

Tikiman44
09-05-06, 12:50 AM
Well maybe I will have to ask for the new DFI board as a Christmas present if they are going to hold off and use the C55. For those of you still waiting for a mobo maybe you should hide all of the equipment you have bought in a closet.;)

Did I mention that Conore performance is insane?:D

crainger
09-05-06, 01:59 AM

Yes you did.. Though you forgot to say fetch.

nekrosoft13
09-05-06, 06:50 AM
Now that I know how well (or not) my E6600 overclocks, this board would be useless for me... it's a shame.
I hope there will be official nV Intel drivers or better SLI boards for G80!

how did you get 2 nv card to run in SLI on 975?

ArrowMk84
09-05-06, 08:04 AM
Well maybe I will have to ask for the new DFI board as a Christmas present if they are going to hold off and use the C55. For those of you still waiting for a mobo maybe you should hide all of the equipment you have bought in a closet.;)

Hehe, luckily I've learned patience over the years. Beside, the all the expensive stuff sitting on myself has 3 year, 5 year and lifetime warrenties, so I'm in no rush to test parts. It might even be interesting to see a C55 vs RD600 comparison before I buy.

lee63
09-06-06, 07:58 AM
This looks like it could be official http://www.pcmoddingmy.com/news.php?item.1812 :thumbdwn:

lee63
09-06-06, 08:42 AM
Thanks.

Good move DFI!I agree, Im a little concerned what Asus will do now (pirate)

lee63
09-06-06, 09:10 AM
Why don't you get a nF4 for now and wait until DFI releases the real 590?
I think I'll buy the DFI if nV and Intel doesn't work together.I was thinking about that, but Im just worried about it running Quad :(

lee63
09-06-06, 09:16 AM
Ah are there still problems? I thought it works now with the new BIOS...
Im not sure.

Rieper
09-07-06, 05:39 PM
Seems like the thing to do for Core 2 Duo owners is to get an ASUS P5B Deluxe and overclock the snot outta your C2D until the C55 chipset mobos start trickling out in November-December...

I will stick it out with my P5N32-SLI SE since overclocking is not a priority. At least not until Crysis comes out :)

Tikiman44
09-07-06, 05:53 PM
Im not sure.

I would really be surprised if after the latest BIOS update Quad still doesn't work as it should. Some people have had issues with this board. I have had 0. I have loved the board it has worked much better than expected.

lee63
09-07-06, 07:22 PM
I would really be surprised if after the latest BIOS update Quad still doesn't work as it should. Some people have had issues with this board. I have had 0. I have loved the board it has worked much better than expected.
Im might try it, if I dont get my ASUS 590 soon :(