PDA

View Full Version : WTB XP x64

Tuffgong4
09-04-06, 12:36 PM
I'm looking for a copy of windows xp x64.

Or actually any copy of xp, but prefer x64

Tux
09-04-06, 08:21 PM
yhpm

ew2x4
09-04-06, 10:45 PM
http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetail&item=SWW13455

Stoneyguy
09-05-06, 03:54 AM
http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetail&item=SWW13455

Not so reputable according to the BBB (http://www.bbbsilicon.org/commonreport.html?bid=212384)

Tuffgong4
09-05-06, 08:54 AM
yikes...

j0j081
09-06-06, 08:07 AM
did you find one yet?

Tuffgong4
09-06-06, 09:24 PM
bought a copy of x64 for 71.95 or something from viosoftware. They have good reseller reviews and I emailed them before ordering to make sure that I'm getting a hologram cd and a product key for activation.

Tux
09-06-06, 09:26 PM
geesh and i was only going to sell mine for 40. I have a hologram cd and the oem case that it came in with the key :/

Tuffgong4
09-06-06, 10:02 PM
thanks anyway tux...I probably should have gone on with you instead. Well I'll know better next time.!!

sorry tux

j0j081
09-06-06, 10:28 PM
I was gonna sell you a copy for $25.

Tuffgong4
09-07-06, 07:18 AM
well I'll know better next time...thanks guys for the offers I'll remember that if I need anything else.

great forum here.

j0j081
09-07-06, 07:07 PM
lol

Stoneyguy
09-09-06, 04:34 PM
I was gonna sell you a copy for $25.

X64 Pro for 25 bucks?!?

j0j081
09-10-06, 07:15 AM
yeah I have two copies but one is a burned version from my dad's work, license is still good though for home use.

Q
09-10-06, 02:52 PM
I want to make a few things clear before you guys get in trouble here.

If you are looking to buy a copy of Windows, do so from a retailer and not from an individual. Legally, you cannot resell a used copy of XP64 because it ONLY comes in OEM form. If it came in Retail you COULD legally purchase it from someone used. OEM software comes with hardware and is then "married" with that hardware and the system it was installed in. To buy XP64 new you still need to purchase some hardware with it (like a $2 mouse).

I found all this out when I tried to Ebay my copy of XP64 a few years back! ;)

Selling burnt copies or "warez" on this forum is strictly prohibited. Even the mention of warez here gets many panties in horrible bunches. If you absolutely must talk about piracy through this forum, at least use a PM as to not draw attention to yourselves.

I'm not a mod and I don't have any authority, but I'd rather not see my comrades get in trouble! :)

Stoneyguy
09-10-06, 04:05 PM
Ahhh ok thanks for the heads up. So I guess he would have to sell the hardware that came with it as well right? If it's a mouse, how can it tell it's married to it?
Oh well more trouble then it's worth I guess.

On a side note, what brought up Piracy?

Q
09-10-06, 04:20 PM
Ahhh ok thanks for the heads up. So I guess he would have to sell the hardware that came with it as well right? If it's a mouse, how can it tell it's married to it?
Oh well more trouble then it's worth I guess.

On a side note, what brought up Piracy?

About the piracy... someone said "burned copy". Techinally, reselling the OEM software without the entire system its on is considered piracy by MS.

The thing with the hardware is that you have to sell the whole system, not just the single piece of hardware that it came with. The software, along with that single piece of hardware, gets "married" to the complete system its being used in. To sell the software, the machine must go with it. It's really, really wierd how Microsoft determines its OEM and reseller policies.

There's really no way they can tell that its with any specific system and it shouldn't honestly matter as long as the serial isn't being used twice at the same time.

But...what MS says goes, I guess.

j0j081
09-10-06, 06:58 PM
well I was going to sell the version I bought from newegg not the copy from my dad's work. I was just stating why I had two but according to what you say I couldn't sell the newegg version either.

Tux
09-10-06, 09:40 PM
well I was going to sell the version I bought from newegg not the copy from my dad's work. I was just stating why I had two but according to what you say I couldn't sell the newegg version either.

You can sell it just say you will toss in a mouse or some crap like that. I dont know how strict the forum mods are here but on some forums they require you to add some peice of hardware with it. Everytime i buy an OEM product i just tell the guy i dont want anything but the product. Why do i need extra junk? :P

Q
09-10-06, 09:50 PM

Well...you couldn't sell it on EBAY...

I guess as long as you weren't selling a pirate copy here there wouldn't be much of an issue.

(I sold mine like that here about a year or so ago :D )

Stoneyguy
09-11-06, 09:49 AM
Oh well if you have an unused product key and the original CD PM me and we'll get it done. I can't see how an usused product key can be paired with any kind of hardware or how Microsoft could give a rat's arse. Hell send me a case screw with it and we'll say it was bought with hardware. :P

That's such a stupid condition.