PDA

View Full Version : Won't work - pissed off

Bearclaw
09-05-06, 12:33 AM
I bought a new printer yesterday and installed it fine. I printed some stuff off earlier this morning. Then later tonight I went to print something and I couldn't. I tried everything and it wouldn't work. I uninstalled it and tried to re-install and it says access denied. WTF dopes that mean? Thanks for any help guys.

ViN86
09-05-06, 12:35 AM
you are the admin on your windows login correct? disable your guest account in the User Accounts section to prevent accidental stuff.

i assume youre connecting through the USB port?

also, make sure the drivers for the printer are accessible for all accounts.

Bearclaw
09-05-06, 12:36 AM
I am the only account on myine btu I will double chekc ot see if the guest is on or something. I don't think it is.

It is a USB connection, correct.

Bearclaw
09-05-06, 03:22 PM
bump

Anyone else have any idea's on why access would be denied when trying install the software for it? I think it might even be the cd that is access denied..very odd. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bearclaw
09-05-06, 05:50 PM
Found the problem. I think it is a virus/trojan or something else. Which means it happened yesterday sometime during the day. Now i am just going to re-format and everything. I'll see you guys in a while. er...:thumbdwn:

CaptNKILL
09-05-06, 06:28 PM
How the heck did you manage to pick up such a nasty virus?

Always scan your pr0n! :D

Bearclaw
09-05-06, 06:34 PM
Thats the wierd part. Every staurday or sunday or on a day off I always go through sort of a check list and defrag my hard drives, and do a vrisuscan and everything else. Nothing came up out of the ordinary. I'm not even positive I have one but I don't mind re-installing the O/S. It's not bad to keep formatting and doing it, like it doens't do any damage to the hard drive does it?

Stoneyguy
09-05-06, 07:28 PM
are you sure you uninstalled the original install? If the program is running, it won't let you reinstall the software sometimes because the files it will be replacing is in use. That is about the only time I can think of that you will be denied access even as an admin.

crainger
09-05-06, 07:40 PM
Thats the wierd part. Every staurday or sunday or on a day off I always go through sort of a check list and defrag my hard drives, and do a vrisuscan and everything else. Nothing came up out of the ordinary. I'm not even positive I have one but I don't mind re-installing the O/S. It's not bad to keep formatting and doing it, like it doens't do any damage to the hard drive does it?

Nope, no damamge at all. Unless you open the drive enclosure and scrape the data off the disk :)

Bearclaw
09-05-06, 08:31 PM
are you sure you uninstalled the original install? If the program is running, it won't let you reinstall the software sometimes because the files it will be replacing is in use. That is about the only time I can think of that you will be denied access even as an admin.
Ya I checked that. A few other things weren't going quite as normal either so something bad happened. I am typing this now form a fresh install of XP so it should be good now. I am going to try to install it now. If it doesn't work, all hell will break loose. haha. Thanks a lot for you guys help.