PDA

View Full Version : WTB: FX5800 Ultra

candle_86
09-05-06, 11:17 AM
Just to say I own one, I would love to find one of these, Can not find one anywhere online now. Would be willing to pay or swap a 9700pro for it.

mistue
09-05-06, 11:38 PM
man i loved my 5800ultra. was awsome in cs 1.6. aww the good ole days.. sniff. seemed like only a year and a half ago...L

candle_86
09-05-06, 11:41 PM
man i loved my 5800ultra. was awsome in cs 1.6. aww the good ole days.. sniff. seemed like only a year and a half ago...L

do you still have it, I've wanted one just to say I own a peice of history, I dont have any feedback untill I finalize my 9700pro ebay purchase in a few days.

Rytr
09-05-06, 11:55 PM
I still have what is left of mine. :(

candle_86
09-06-06, 01:39 AM
I still have what is left of mine. :(
does it still work and does FLOW FX still work? I really want one of these, and will seriously swap a 9700pro for one.

nukem
09-06-06, 02:56 AM
I have an eVGA 5900 Ultra my gf was using it for awhile but it started to have heating issues and I just upgraded her to an XFX 6800 XT until she gets a new system. It was a great card while it lasted and was my first nice graphics card.

a12ctic
09-06-06, 08:27 PM
the fx series was a complete failure, especialy by enthusiest, why would you want one of the worst performing high end cards ever released by nvidia?

candle_86
09-06-06, 08:43 PM
the fx series was a complete failure, especialy by enthusiest, why would you want one of the worst performing high end cards ever released by nvidia?

its history to me, plus i wanted one since the day they came out and never could afford one.

crainger
09-06-06, 08:43 PM

Just to say I own one

Its a piece of history. Even nVidia made fun of themselves in the end.

If it wasn't for the 5 series they wouldn't have put the effort into the 6 and 7 series to restore our faith in them.

candle_86
09-06-06, 10:31 PM
Its a piece of history. Even nVidia made fun of themselves in the end.

If it wasn't for the 5 series they wouldn't have put the effort into the 6 and 7 series to restore our faith in them.

excatly why I want one.

crainger
09-06-06, 10:43 PM
They also come in handy as a leaf blower or tape several together to power your fan boat ;)

candle_86
09-06-06, 10:51 PM
They also come in handy as a leaf blower or tape several together to power your fan boat ;)

lol, does anyone have one anymore?

ragejg
09-06-06, 11:20 PM
My friend Jesse has one of my old ones...

click my public profile, there's a pic of one time when I had TWO of em in my posession!!

I can get ahold of him on AIM.... youd need to offer a pretty penny tho... he'd prolly want 90-100 for it...

candle_86
09-07-06, 12:30 AM

click my public profile, there's a pic of one time when I had TWO of em in my posession!!

I can get ahold of him on AIM.... youd need to offer a pretty penny tho... he'd prolly want 90-100 for it...

I cant offer 100 for a 5800Ultra no matter how bad I want it.

crainger
09-07-06, 12:52 AM

Bit eager to try SLI were we? You were a few years early :)

candle_86
09-07-06, 01:04 AM
I'll put up 45 for card + shipping, I paid this much for a 9700pro with a zalman. I think thats fair, there just not worth 100 anymore, granted there rare but I can't justify it. I will give 45 for one of them though including shipping and I dont care who u use.

hemmy
09-07-06, 01:10 AM
hey atleast NV3x didn't have shimmering

ricercar
09-07-06, 03:37 AM
Unfortunately the sentimental value of my GeForce FX 5800 Ultras is worth far more than the thread starter appears willing to pay. Sentimental value; I worked at NVIDIA on the NV30. I'll just have to hang onto mine for now.

click my public profile, there's a pic of one time when I had TWO of em in my posession!!Amateur. I still have three in my possession.

(ragejg: please don't challenge my credentials. I've resisted posting a 3- or 4-NV30 picture because I've always felt it would undermine the solidarity of FX 5800 Ultra fanboys. Besides, you did it the hard way, as a consumer ...)

Ah, memories ...

Like ex-girlfriends, I no longer have my first two NV30s. The first was an engineering sample, sneaked home for benchmarking over Christmas break 2002, and had to go back before the demo team noticed. (Hi Curtis! Hi Uttar). My second FX 5800 Ultra died from overclocking disease, mostly because the FlowFX backside copper has no active cooling.

My third NV30 currently serves in my spouse's nForce2 machine, with a silent 60mm fans on each side. By popular demand, I removed the Dustbuster and added two 60 mm … pus an 80 mm LED fan that glows blue when the GPU kicks into in 3D modes!

http://gadzikowski.com/images/nv30/nv30f-desktop-small.jpg

My fifth NV30 is in my (once absolutely top-of-the-line) FX 5800 Ultra/nForce2/Barton 3000+ SFF. The stock FX FLOW remains intact, to remind myself of NVIDIAn hubris every time I play UT2003 on the "NVIDIA Campus Paintball" maps. I love that the Keg-O-Life is in the cafeteria.

My fourth FX 5800 Ultra lives in my "I worked on this product," trophy display. Late at night sometimes I take it out of the anti static bag, and masturbate.
:nanahump:

candle_86
09-07-06, 10:55 AM
Unfortunately the sentimental value of my GeForce FX 5800 Ultras is worth far more than the thread starter appears willing to pay. Sentimental value; I worked at NVIDIA on the NV30. I'll just have to hang onto mine for now.

Amateur. I still have three in my possession.

(ragejg: please don't challenge my credentials. I've resisted posting a 3- or 4-NV30 picture because I've always felt it would undermine the solidarity of FX 5800 Ultra fanboys. Besides, you did it the hard way, as a consumer ...)

Ah, memories ...

Like ex-girlfriends, I no longer have my first two NV30s. The first was an engineering sample, sneaked home for benchmarking over Christmas break 2002, and had to go back before the demo team noticed. (Hi Curtis! Hi Uttar). My second FX 5800 Ultra died from overclocking disease, mostly because the FlowFX backside copper has no active cooling.

My third NV30 currently serves in my spouse's nForce2 machine, with a silent 60mm fans on each side. By popular demand, I removed the Dustbuster and added two 60 mm pus an 80 mm LED fan that glows blue when the GPU kicks into in 3D modes!

http://gadzikowski.com/images/nv30/nv30f-desktop-small.jpg

My fifth NV30 is in my (once absolutely top-of-the-line) FX 5800 Ultra/nForce2/Barton 3000+ SFF. The stock FX FLOW remains intact, to remind myself of NVIDIAn hubris every time I play UT2003 on the "NVIDIA Campus Paintball" maps. I love that the Keg-O-Life is in the cafeteria.

My fourth FX 5800 Ultra lives in my "I worked on this product," trophy display. Late at night sometimes I take it out of the anti static bag, and masturbate.
:nanahump:

what would you want in order to part with one of them?

einstein_314
09-10-06, 02:20 AM

and I have your other one!! I still have it in my closet, put away for safe keeping.

candle_86
09-10-06, 02:22 AM
I found one at a shop here, close this thread