PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Delayed in Europe until March

Pages : [1] 2

shungokusatsu
09-06-06, 04:06 AM
06/09/2006 06:40
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Announces New March 2007 date for European Launch of PLAYSTATION 3

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Announces New March 2007 date for European Launch of PLAYSTATION 3
No change in launch date for Japan and North America

London, Wednesday 6 September 2006 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that it would revise the launch date of its PLAYSTATION® 3 computer entertainment system in the PAL territories of Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa and Australasia from 17th November 2006, as previously announced to March 2007.

Launch dates for Japan and North America will remain the same, which are November 11th and November 17th respectively.

The revision of the launch date in the SCEE territories is caused by the delay in the mass production schedule of the blue laser diode within the Sony Group, thus affecting the timely procurement of key components to be utilised in PLAYSTATION 3.

The previously announced PLAYSTATION 3 shipment forecast of 6 million units globally within the fiscal year ending 2007 is not changed.

Notes to Editors:

For further information please contact:

Nick Sharples (nick_sharples@scee.net)
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd
Tel: + 44 207 859 5301 Fax: + 44 207 859 5036

http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=4268&NewsAreaID=2

PeterJensen
09-06-06, 04:16 AM
Great sony....you lame ass idiots.

Thats it, i'm buying x360 games for the cash i had put aside for the Crapstation3.

Jesus this makes me mad. I was beginning to look forward to the PS3 :(

PeterJensen
09-06-06, 04:19 AM
I mean wtf is wrong with them? The europeans have allot of cash in the moment. I Denmark the people without work are the lowest EVER!. If they WANT to sell an expensive console, then they should put it out FIRST in the EU.

shungokusatsu
09-06-06, 04:20 AM
I mean wtf is wrong with them? The europeans have allot of cash in the moment. I Denmark the people without work are the lowest EVER!. If they WANT to sell an expensive console, then they should put it out FIRST in the EU.
I'd be pissed too, but Japan and the US are the prime sellers. Wait it out, it'll be worth the wait! But now you have more time to save up as well.

PeterJensen
09-06-06, 04:25 AM
I'd be pissed too, but Japan and the US are the prime sellers. Wait it out, it'll be worth the wait! But now you have more time to save up as well.

Dude the problem with this is that you US guys might need to save for it..WE DONT!
I mean the damn thing will cost about 5000 DKR about 800$. If i would i could buy 2 and it would not hurt me a bit.
This just pisses me off. But sure Sony blow your load at the poor people. I'll just get the HD-DVD player, more games, The wheel and blow the rest on a Nintendo.

PeterJensen
09-06-06, 04:29 AM
"This is simply amazing. Sony starts a freaking pre-order campaign, probably knowing that they can't make it.
Anyway, we've seen some smoke-fires before (i.e. blue diodes), so it's not that unexpected, but nevertheless it's disappointing."

it's quite sad actually. I believe Europe is Sony's biggest market, still they show no respect for this region because they strongly believe they are going to win there by default, no matter what happens.

EvilEye
09-06-06, 04:31 AM
Well, I'm not a bit surprised. I mean, 2 million units for Japan, US, and Europe. That's an equation that doesn't ad up.
But one thing is for sure; Sony is a big bunch uf idiots that can't even do the math.
And this pre-order circus, they should be shot for even bringing it up when they knew that it would be difficult to suply these territories.

PeterJensen
09-06-06, 04:32 AM
I'd hold off on the import. Blu Ray is region coded and won't be easy to crack as last time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#Region_codes

shungokusatsu
09-06-06, 04:32 AM
Well, I'm not a bit surprised. I mean, 2 million units for Japan, US, and Europe. That's an equation that doesn't ad up.
But one thing is for sure; Sony is a big bunch uf idiots that can't even do the math.

6 million units by fiscal year is unchanged.

PeterJensen
09-06-06, 04:34 AM
6 million units by fiscal year is unchanged.

Yea sure it is. Lets take Sony's word for that.....

shungokusatsu
09-06-06, 04:36 AM
Dude the problem with this is that you US guys might need to save for it..WE DONT!
I mean the damn thing will cost about 5000 DKR about 800$. If i would i could buy 2 and it would not hurt me a bit.
This just pisses me off. But sure Sony blow your load at the poor people. I'll just get the HD-DVD player, more games, The wheel and blow the rest on a Nintendo.
The console will sell out anywhere, but the NA and Japan are assured where we can maximize our profits.

lightman
09-06-06, 04:38 AM

You Danish people maybe don't. Most of others europeans do.

Cool big-rich-man. Except for the fact that, e.g., here average wages are around 900-1000 euro per month...

Don't judge europe as a whole based on your (lucky) experience with Denmark (which is a way better country in most aspects than the majority of the other european ones)...

P.S./Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention that, e.g., here the rent for a small (60 sq.mt.) apartment goes around 550-650 euro/month. Do the math...

PeterJensen
09-06-06, 04:41 AM
You Danish people maybe don't. Most of others europeans do.

Cool big-rich-man. Except for the fact that, e.g., here average wages are around 900-1000 euro per month...

Don't judge europe as a whole based on your (lucky) experience with Denmark (which is a way better country in most aspects than the majority of the other european ones)...

You are right and i may have spoken a bit to negative. It just pisses me off the we are last.

lightman
09-06-06, 04:43 AM
You are right and i may have spoken a bit to negative. It just pisses me off the we are last.

Np. I was just pointing out that you are in a better situation than most europeans, that's it. :)

shungokusatsu
09-06-06, 04:44 AM
Completely understandable, I don't expect a single person to be happy about this news. If I lived in PAL regions I'd be pretty upset as well.

Knot3D
09-06-06, 04:57 AM
No. Most Europeans can easily pay for a 60Gb PS3 console, myself included ; even if most say they're reluctant to pay such kind of money for a console.

Anyway, this another major Sony screwup.

lightman
09-06-06, 05:02 AM
No. Most Europeans can easily pay for a 60Gb PS3 console, myself included ; even if most say they're reluctant to pay such kind of money for a console.

I think we live in different Europes then...

Knot3D
09-06-06, 05:06 AM
The UK, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain etc. People there were able to buy a 550 Euros PS2 in 2000. They are able now to buy a 600 Euros PS3 too.....IF it is there at all ; not the case, so, they'll buy Wii60 this holiday season.

BioHazZarD
09-06-06, 05:15 AM
Yeah this blows bigtime, europe is a big market it would sell very fast. 360sold out in no time here.

crainger
09-06-06, 06:31 AM
WTF?! Man this sucks teh big one!

LOL and just yesterday Harvey Norman began their big advertising campaign about the Nov 17th release date. :)

Oh well we had to wait for the 360, guess I don't mind waiting for the PS3 either. I have both a PC and a 360 to entertain me.

russ_3d
09-06-06, 06:49 AM
release dates in the eu and localisation of games are 2 things that have annoyed me since having to buy a super famicom just to get one when they were out.i will buy a eu ps3, but ill be modding it defo. gg

brady
09-06-06, 07:12 AM
Those blu-ray diodes sure are causing all kinds of trouble.

Bad_Boy
09-06-06, 07:21 AM
thats ****ing horrible. **** are they thinking. theres no excuse for this type of ****.
im not even in Europe but this **** just makes me mad.

Knot3D
09-06-06, 07:53 AM
The waiting wouldn't be such of a problem IF pal gamers would be assured of a cheaper price and better launch games.

....but that's NOT the case. They'll still have to pay the same price for the same line up, about 5 months later.

I think most people will opt Wii60 and/or DX10 videocard and abandon any possible PS3 plans.

ENU291
09-06-06, 08:23 AM
Sony's reputation in Europe will be damaged quite a bit by this news. Many hardcore European gamers were looking forward to this November. Sony's decision to push back the European launch by over 4 months seems like a bad one. Another thing to consider is Japan. Only 100K units in Japan?? That is not going to go over well in the land of the rising sun.