PDA

View Full Version : New 91.47 will not disable Vsync

Bonzai
09-06-06, 12:47 PM
So, I am the brand new owner of a 7900 GT. I love the card but I'm in a weird situation. I have vsync turned to force off in the gui panel but when I play WoW or Counter Strike Source, there is no tearing and I see that my FPS are capped. In WoW the cap is at 64fps just looking at a wall. This is really confusing and I've been trying to figure out why the new drivers will not turn Vsync off. And yes, I have the games selected to Vsync off.

One thing I did notice, the Geoforms did turn vsync off when I adjusted in the registery (Just gave it a shot) so I know this card can turn vsync off! I just don't know why the other applications refuse to do so. So any help would be very appreciated.

System
AMD 3800+ X2
Windows XP SP2
2GB Corsair
Audigy 2
EVGA 7900 GT
EVGA 44F Mobo

K007
09-06-06, 04:46 PM
Wow FPS cap is from Dual Core cpus..WoW engine caps the fps @ 60 and Blizzard dosen't know how to fix it

Quick420
09-06-06, 05:10 PM
I saw a thread around here a few days ago where a guys had 111fps in WOW,so I dont think the engine is capped at 60.If I find it I'll edit my post. http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76138 It's definately not capped at 60

Bonzai
09-06-06, 05:26 PM
Just did some investigating. It looks like WoW is capped at 64fps with Dual Cores for some odd reason, as you said. According to Extremetech, there will HOPEFULLY be a fix in patch 1.12. For now, Dual Cores are limited. Really odd.

And I guess I was wrong about CS:Source. Just didn't seem like it had vsync off.

Anyhow, here is the link.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1996945,00.asp

Galvin
09-06-06, 06:27 PM
Blizzard does have a fix. It was in near the end of the 1.12 patch on test. But it had a small side affect that some users were experiencing complete lockups in game over it.

But they'll have that fixed in 1.12.1. The new timing code is what fixes it and gives the smoothest game play I ever seen in wow.