PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360 Live - Dash Update due

Peoples-Agent
09-07-06, 01:57 AM
Well, been reading around and it appears there's a new Dashboard/System update coming to the XB360 shortly.

What would you like to see changed?
Or what do you feel will most likely get changed?

Toss3
09-07-06, 02:05 AM
Web-browser and full keyboard support(don't need it in games though) is what I want. :)

Peoples-Agent
09-07-06, 02:05 AM
Web-browser and full keyboard support(don't need it in games though) is what I want. :)

That would pwn! Surfing the net in the living room would be great, without forking out for a bastid media centre lol

Toss3
09-07-06, 02:58 AM
I might also add that I'd like to be able to stream video from my comp to my xbox360 without having to get media center. :)

CrazyIvan
09-07-06, 03:29 AM
I might also add that I'd like to be able to stream video from my comp to my xbox360 without having to get media center. :)
Should be possible with WMP 11.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/everywhere.aspx#share
Share it New for Beta 2

The new Media Sharing feature of Windows Media Player 11 lets you enjoy the contents of your Windows Media Player library from anywhere in your home. If you have a home network (wired or wireless), you can use Windows Media Player 11 to stream the contents of your library to networked devices. For example, if you have an Xbox 360 or other digital media receiver (DMR), you can use Windows Media Player to stream music and pictures from your computer to that device. This even works with music that you've downloaded from PlaysForSure music stores and services. For more information, see Digital Media at Home.

added: Nevermind, i found a thread on another forum that streaming videos with wmp11 is not possible atm, some say it requires a dashboard update and others say it will require vista. So it's still not certain if MS will allow streaming videos from wmp11 to a xbox360 without Media Center.

Badboy_12345
09-07-06, 04:08 AM
yeah I think we will get a update in november around ps3 launch.
I think one of those huge updates
and they are gona have something really nice beacuse of it

msxyz
09-07-06, 04:46 AM
The next update will probably include HD-DVD support. The codecs are already there but I doubt the current firmware is able to recognize it beside being an USB mass storage device.

brady
09-07-06, 06:02 AM
I would like it if I could open the tray and put a new disc in and then close it without it starting the game. Also, I think it would be cool if it could tell you what game is in the drive.

OWA
09-07-06, 07:31 AM
I would like it if I could open the tray and put a new disc in and then close it without it starting the game.
Isn't there an option for that already?

Morrow
09-07-06, 07:45 AM

yes, the latest Dashboard update added that option.

saturnotaku
09-07-06, 07:53 AM

I thought that option was only for when you power on the console with a disc in the drive.

ENU291
09-07-06, 09:36 AM
I thought that option was only for when you power on the console with a disc in the drive.
True. If the console is already on and you insert a game it will automatically launch that game. The ability to stream video from a PC that is not running Windows Media Center Edition would be a huge plus. I'd also love to have a little pop up window come up telling me my wireless controller batteries are running low. The ring indicator light on the controller is cool but who stares at their controller while playing a game?

brady
09-07-06, 10:22 AM
I'm not sure if this could ever be done, but I would love for the ability to connect my own storage device to use in addition to or in place of the 360's current hard drive. I just read someplace that the ps3 can accept any 2.5" hd and it made me insanely jealous!

LycosV
09-07-06, 07:02 PM
True. If the console is already on and you insert a game it will automatically launch that game. The ability to stream video from a PC that is not running Windows Media Center Edition would be a huge plus. I'd also love to have a little pop up window come up telling me my wireless controller batteries are running low. The ring indicator light on the controller is cool but who stares at their controller while playing a game?

I don't stare at my controller but when it starts that flashing dance when the batteries are low it draws my attention. Which BTW starts LONG before the batteries are anywhere near dead.