PDA

View Full Version : 7950GX2 must reboot PC to get Dvi reinitialize

seppuka
09-07-06, 08:36 AM
Guys,
I'm having this rather annoying occurance.
Because of the location of my computer and the niceness of my LCD
I have to unplug it and move it each day so my little boys don't d!ck with it.
I then access the machine via rdp or vnc from work during the day.
When I come home and plug in the dvi the screen / pc doesn't recognize or something and I have to reboot the pc to get any vga to display.
I have a samsung 204b. I do rescan.. nothing..
Any thoughts?

Sep.

jabloomf1230
09-07-06, 09:08 AM
Maybe you should get a webcam for your home PC, so you can shoo the little ones away, while you're at work.:D

Seriously, I have the same monitor and a 7950 GX2 and the 7950 is quite finicky about unplugging the primary (or sole) monitor, while the PC is running. I don't think there is any solution to your problem, short of hiring someone to guard the PC during the day.

seppuka
09-07-06, 09:57 AM
That's too bad.
Just for fun I have set up WebCamXp with my webcam to have motion zones where it would send a msg to my cell and alert me of activity.

Would be nice to get a solution to this though.

jabloomf1230
09-07-06, 05:14 PM
Maybe you could help me out, since I wasn't too helpful to you ;).

Does your 7950 GX2 show one or two temperatures in the nVidia Control panel? Are you running nTune an/or Win XP x64 and what Forceware driver version are you using? Mine only shows one and I'm on a quest to figure out why some 7950 GX2s show one temp and others show 2. Thanks.

saturnotaku
09-07-06, 09:19 PM
Guys,

Why don't you tell your children that if you come home and you find out they've messed with your stuff that they'll get a whooping the likes of which they've never seen? Y'know, be a parent.

lee63
09-07-06, 10:22 PM
Guys,
I then access the machine via rdp or vnc from work during the day.
When I come home and plug in the dvi the screen / pc doesn't recognize or something and I have to reboot the pc to get any vga to display.
I have a samsung 204b. I do rescan.. nothing..
Any thoughts?

Sep.My kids know better :spank:

seppuka
09-07-06, 10:53 PM
LOL guys "being a parent" doesn't mean you have to physcially threaten your kids.
you know, 3 and 1 year old boys "will be boys".
If i want to get temps I use RivaTuner btw.

MikeC
09-07-06, 11:54 PM
LOL guys "being a parent" doesn't mean you have to physcially threaten your kids.
you know, 3 and 1 year old boys "will be boys".
If i want to get temps I use RivaTuner btw.

I remember when my boys were 1 and 3. It was a job to keep them from hurting each other let alone a computer. I hate to tell you but mine are 19 and 21 now and still mess with my computers along with girls. Them messsing with girls scare me worse than messing with my hardware. I don't have an answer to your problem but keep putting your computer up each day. A man's computer is his best friend. :p Forget whipping the kids they are too young to understand.

jAkUp
09-08-06, 12:28 AM
I remember when my boys were 1 and 3. It was a job to keep them from hurting each other let alone a computer. I hate to tell you but mine are 19 and 21 now and still mess with my computers along with girls. Them messsing with girls scare me worse than messing with my hardware. I don't have an answer to your problem but keep putting your computer up each day. A man's computer is his best friend. :p Forget whipping the kids they are too young to understand.

Yea I think I will lock my PC up if I ever have kids...hehe

Mess with girls all you want but my PC??!! HELL NO. :D :D :D

crainger
09-08-06, 12:59 AM
If I ever have kids... First step wrong, they will be traded for Quad SLI. :)

SH64
09-08-06, 01:18 AM
If I ever have kids... First step wrong, they will be traded for Quad SLI. :)
Good thinking! :D
nothing's better than trading kids for new hardware.

shungokusatsu
09-08-06, 01:31 AM
Why don't you tell your children that if you come home and you find out they've messed with your stuff that they'll get a whooping the likes of which they've never seen? Y'know, be a parent.

http://theworstpageintheuniverse.com/images/parent_web1.jpg