PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Arms coming to PS3 this Winter.

|MaguS|
09-07-06, 12:46 PM
From Software will be bringing the game over to the PS3 in Japan due to its poor sales on the X360 in Japan. It is unknown if there will be any changes done other then the titles name currently aswell if it will be coming to the US on the PS3.

I honestly don't care much for this game, its an ok of an RPG but the PS2 has more then enough coming out this year.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/730/730815p1.html

Bad_Boy
09-07-06, 01:52 PM
The game didnt really get that great of reviews. I havent really payed much attention to it as well. But yeah, I wonder when it will hit US.

Redshirt #24
09-07-06, 02:10 PM
Hm. It's a rather "traditional" RPG, sure, but that doesn't by any means mean it's bad. (Yeah, I'm playing it now.) If nothing else, it'll be nice eyecandy for the PSgrill crowd.

Badboy_12345
09-07-06, 03:49 PM
As far as I know it will only be rlsed in japan for ps3
thats why the eM doesnt have exclusive x360 logo on the box in japan but does have it in the rest of the world

|MaguS|
09-07-06, 04:07 PM
As far as I know it will only be rlsed in japan for ps3
thats why the eM doesnt have exclusive x360 logo on the box in japan but does have it in the rest of the world

It's not eM for Japan though, they are calling it "Enchanted Arms" in Japan (for the PS3), so that means its not exclusive at all really. I see no reason why they honestly wont bring it over to the PS3 in the US since the translation is already done thanks to the X360 version and the porting would be done aswell since it would have to be done for the Japanese release so almost all the work is almost complete.

Bad_Boy
09-08-06, 01:10 AM
Interesting, so it's some kind of loophole if they slightly change the name? lol

msxyz
09-08-06, 03:31 AM
I see no reason why they honestly wont bring it over to the PS3 in the US since the translation is already done thanks to the X360 version and the porting would be done aswell since it would have to be done for the Japanese release so almost all the work is almost complete.EM translation and publishing in the west is done by Ubisoft. Chances are that Microsoft made a flexible licensing deal with the developers. Mine is just a specualtion but seeing as Microsoft is building golden bridges for japanese developers, I wouldn't be surprised if -aside from paying for some form of exclusive- it allows games to go multiplatform only in japan as a further incentive for developers.

Unlike Japan, EM is receiving some attention in the west. Last week it was #7 in the US top ten videogames sales. It should be out in Europe today and it is anticipated.

Another example Ninenty Nine Nights which sold quite well at least here in Europe. The western market is still somehow fashinated by all the software that comes from japan and it seems that consumers are even more forgiving with said products.

Bad_Boy
09-08-06, 08:25 AM
Heres the official jap website
http://www.em-game.net/