PDA

View Full Version : Why did nVidia stop leaking detonator drivers on the net?

Rieper
09-07-06, 04:45 PM
When Geforce originally came out, I remember new nVidia drivers were leaked onto the net every 2 weeks. Some were clearly beta, but others were final and worked well. Some leaked drivers at the time even included new features like Digital Vibrance, etc.

The point is, it seems like the floodgates have been closed...for some time now.

Who closed it, nVidia? the people leaking them on the net? our inside guy quit and is no longer "in the loop"?

I wish we would get leaked drivers from nVidia like in the past. Every 10 days, Mmmmmmm....

jAkUp
09-07-06, 04:56 PM
I think Nvidia is a little swamped with drivers right now... from x32/x64 vista, vista x64, etc, so updates may be a little slower.

Lazaredz
09-07-06, 04:56 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about. Every time I turn around there are new "leaked" drivers. I don't think I've stayed with the same drivers for over a month since I got my 6800GT and that includes skipping some that didn't quite work right.

|MaguS|
09-07-06, 05:13 PM
There are plenty of leaked drivers releasing... maybe your just confused since they haven't called their drivers "Detonator" in a long time...

RejZoR
09-07-06, 05:40 PM
I think you just weren't following their "leaks". Detonators are no more for ages (it's ForceWare now). Last leak was on 1st September. Well it was an official release of ForceWare 91.47. Good stuff.

grey_1
09-07-06, 07:48 PM
Nice selection here for ya :)

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?drivers

http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=41/

Driverclean to your hearts content :p

crainger
09-07-06, 08:12 PM
I think you just weren't following their "leaks". Detonators are no more for ages (it's ForceWare now). Last leak was on 1st September. Well it was an official release of ForceWare 91.47. Good stuff.

YA. I was gonna say, there hasn't been a Detonator in quite some time now.

ragejg
09-07-06, 08:16 PM
whoah, "detonator" (crazy)

twenty eight point thirty two, lolz :D:D

Slammin
09-07-06, 08:45 PM
JUST SAY NO!

Don't let nVidia make a driver junkie out of you too!

RejZoR
09-08-06, 06:01 AM
Our leaked drivers are your leaked drivers. Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated!

NVIDIA

Quick420
09-08-06, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=ragejg]whoah, "detonator" (crazy)

twenty eight point thirty two, lolz :D:D[/QUOTE

Check my sig (nana2) :D :D :D (nana2)

HighTest
09-08-06, 01:46 PM
Pssst.

ATI fans talk about how their drivers are superior due to more recent releases and then point out how Detonator drivers haven't been upgraded in a long time.

Wonder what would happen if someone explained that it's been ForceWare for some time and the releases have been quite frequent. Would there be even more green team owners?

ATI FUD dispensor: "you want our cards becuase the competition hasn't released an update for several years" :rolleyes:

However, the OP didn't mention detonator, that was another poster later on.

shteve
09-09-06, 07:29 AM

Check out the thread title...

bordewisser
09-09-06, 08:21 AM
Pssst.

ATI fans talk about how their drivers are superior due to more recent releases and then point out how Detonator drivers haven't been upgraded in a long time.

Wonder what would happen if someone explained that it's been ForceWare for some time and the releases have been quite frequent. Would there be even more green team owners?

ATI FUD dispensor: "you want our cards becuase the competition hasn't released an update for several years" :rolleyes:

Nice offtopic post...

dandaman32
09-24-06, 11:19 PM
umm...they probably arent swamped with having to write driver after driver because of the unified driver architecture, and 95% of the code is the same across all platforms.

-dandaman32