rflair
09-08-06, 07:36 AM
Anyone have a spare key, please, please, please :D

Mudcrutch
09-08-06, 10:08 AM
For those of you without a beta key, add:

rundll32 slc.dll,SLReArmWindows
cls

To a batch file and set it to run on startup. Should reset your expiration back to 14 days everytime you boot.

Either that, or just run it yourself. Start > Run > "rundll32 slc.dll,SLReArmWindows"

rewt
09-08-06, 10:32 AM
Interesting..

But how do you setup a batch file in Vista if you don't have a key to install it with? :p

Mudcrutch
09-08-06, 10:37 AM
You can run Vista for 14 days with no key. Just leave the key part blank and click NEXT when installing.

garikfox
09-08-06, 11:37 AM
Im pretty sure I read a couple posts somewhere that all you do is call M$ and they'll activate it for you. They do it, it seems because its BETA.

PeterJensen
09-08-06, 11:52 AM
Yea you can call MS (Please get over the $, it's not your local kindergarden) and they will activate it.

rflair
09-08-06, 05:19 PM
Im pretty sure I read a couple posts somewhere that all you do is call M$ and they'll activate it for you. They do it, it seems because its BETA.

Yes this method worked, thank you very much.

The phone number in Vista didn't work though, so I used the phone number for XP activation and just got a live operator and activated it.

glaker
09-08-06, 05:34 PM
here ya go:D

AthlonXP1800
09-12-06, 05:04 AM
For those of you without a beta key, add:

rundll32 slc.dll,SLReArmWindows
cls

To a batch file and set it to run on startup. Should reset your expiration back to 14 days everytime you boot.

Either that, or just run it yourself. Start > Run > "rundll32 slc.dll,SLReArmWindows"

I tried this without a beta key on RC1 build 5600 but both batch file and Run command didnt worked either, it didnt reset 9 days back to 14 days. :(

K007
09-12-06, 06:08 AM
Look arround the internet...

Mudcrutch
09-12-06, 10:00 AM
I tried this without a beta key on RC1 build 5600 but both batch file and Run command didnt worked either, it didnt reset 9 days back to 14 days. :(

sorry that didnt work.. here is a tip though...

apparently the keys they are giving out are only for the ultimate edition. i installed the home premium because i wanted to try out the edition that i though i would probably be getting.. well after install i realized the key i got didnt work..

so as mentioned before.. if you call to activate they will give you a key. if you didnt install the ultimate edition the automated system wont work, but they will transfer you to a person and they WILL be able to active any copy you have installed.

hope that helps.

mullet
09-12-06, 11:19 AM
Vista tweaks

http://www.flexbeta.net/main/articles.php?action=show&id=121

garikfox
09-13-06, 06:14 PM
FYI - RC1, If you dont have a key form M$ Beta2 all ya do is this...

At the RC1 install screen that it asks for the key code, Do this....

"Next" !

LOL

(so i hear.)

(pirate)

mullet
09-14-06, 10:43 AM
OR,
http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MjEyNzQsLCxobmV3cywsLDE=

If you have Live ID, Hotmail or MSN you can log in here and get yourself a brand spanking new Vista RC1 product key that can be installed and activated on up to 10 PCs.

Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 (RC1) is now available for user that have Live ID, Hotmail or MSN. Windows Vista RC1 be sure to visit the Resource Center to download the Windows Vista Product Guide and discover more information that will help you get up and running quickly

OWA
09-14-06, 11:46 AM
Excellent! Thanks for the info.