PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive Unlimited

six_storm
09-09-06, 01:08 PM
Anyone got this yet? I bought it yesterday and have played it for an hour or so and I've gotta say . . . for $40, you can't beat it. It's very fun and very different from the normal NFS or arcade racer. Just being able to buy real estate, cars, transport other people's cars and drive people around is just really fun. I'd recommend it if you have $40 to spare! I'll have a more in depth look at it once I can play it for more than one hour.

Mr_LoL
09-09-06, 01:18 PM
I drove round the island yesterday (took 3 hours) and I have completed 20% of the games so far. Maybe we can start a nvnews club.

six_storm
09-09-06, 01:22 PM
I drove round the island yesterday (took 3 hours) and I have completed 20% of the games so far. Maybe we can start a nvnews club.

Sweet. What did you have for your first car? The Saturn Sky was the only decent one from the startup . . . I'm trying to save up for a Ferrari 460 Spider!

PeterJensen
09-09-06, 01:24 PM
So is it MP?

Mr_LoL
09-09-06, 01:28 PM
Sweet. What did you have for your first car? The Saturn Sky was the only decent one from the startup . . . I'm trying to save up for a Ferrari 460 Spider!
I have an Audi a3, Ferrari F430, Ducati 999 and a Kawasaki zx10r. The ferrari is great.

saturnotaku
09-09-06, 02:03 PM
Question - can you set the driving controls to the d-pad instead of just the analog stick?

Mr_LoL
09-09-06, 02:41 PM
Question - can you set the driving controls to the d-pad instead of just the analog stick?
I dont think you can. I already tried doing that. I have got used to using the analog stick anyway.

saturnotaku
09-09-06, 02:45 PM
Grrrr...:mad:

six_storm
09-09-06, 04:34 PM
I bought two Xbox Games this week... Saints Row and Dead Rising. I love SR but I hate Dead Rising! Damn I wish I went with Test Drive instead, arrrgh!
I sold Dead Rising already but I'm not sure if I should get Test Drive. The PC version could be interesting too^^

I tried the demo and it was really cool.

Didn't like DR?!!! What?!?! :D Man, I loved that game. Oh well, diffr't stokes for diffr't folks. TDU is a must buy, if you like racing games at all (especially for $40!!!!).

Don't cha just hate transporting a guy's Corvette 17 miles, no straches on the car and then give it a good lick at the last second? ARGHH!!!! :D :D :D

Arioch
09-09-06, 05:55 PM
Pretty fun game and the $40 price tag makes its nice. I was going to wait on this since I still have about 2/3 left to go in Saint's Row - just finished the Vice Kings missions. That's 3 games in the last month or so that I have gotten for my 360 that I was happy with starting with Dead Rising in addition to Saint's Row and Test Drive.