PDA

View Full Version : 91.xx series SLi gremlin?

vläd
09-09-06, 07:18 PM
I don't think that it's just me, since two different rigs have the same issue, but one issue that I have been having with apparently any of the 91.xx drivers is when I run CHKDSK or any process that runs before startup like CHKDSK or the offline defrag in Perfect Disk, my monitor looses the signal and doesn't display the process. After the process has completed, the display kicks in again.

So far I've kinda narrowed this to a SLi rig vs. a single vid card rig. Two different SLi 'puters with different LCD monitors and different video cards exhibit the problem. A similarly configured 'puter with a single video card doesn't have the issue.

Has anyone else with a SLi rig noticed this? It's kind of a small issue, but it aggravates me a bit anyway.

Grestorn
09-11-06, 03:56 AM
I don't think that it's just me, since two different rigs have the same issue, but one issue that I have been having with apparently any of the 91.xx drivers is when I run CHKDSK or any process that runs before startup like CHKDSK or the offline defrag in Perfect Disk, my monitor looses the signal and doesn't display the process. After the process has completed, the display kicks in again.

So far I've kinda narrowed this to a SLi rig vs. a single vid card rig. Two different SLi 'puters with different LCD monitors and different video cards exhibit the problem. A similarly configured 'puter with a single video card doesn't have the issue.

Has anyone else with a SLi rig noticed this? It's kind of a small issue, but it aggravates me a bit anyway.

Yes, I've also noticed this. I hard resetted my machine a couple of times, since I didn't realize what actually happened. Only when starting a secondary Windows where no gfx drivers are installed, I finally was able to see what was happening.

A serious bug in the current Forceware driver!

vläd
09-16-06, 03:40 AM
Thanks for that confirmation! I thought I was going mad!

BTW, it also happens with the 92.91 betas.

Burnt_Ram
09-20-06, 08:13 AM
im running 91.47's, and SLI and it's profiles work great in SLI mode. no problems at all!

pingu2
09-20-06, 11:40 AM
yes this is a contuining problem for me with SLI/91.xx - its been posted about on here several times but no notes in any releases about it..

J-Mag
09-20-06, 12:40 PM
Is it confined to specific cards?

vläd: what are you running in SLI?

I have been sticking with 8 series as it seems the only people who need 9 series are the 7950GX2 people.

rewt
09-20-06, 10:26 PM
A serious bug in the current Forceware driver!

Indeed. And it appears to be an SLI-only issue. I already reported this to NVIDIA around 5th of this month. They thanked me for the bug report and mentioned that they have both confirmed and prioritized it to be fixed for next release. Hopefully it will be fixed by next official driver release on their website.