Pages : [1] 2

Cinema4DXL
09-10-06, 10:05 PM
first kentsfield benches :o

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/09/10/four_cores_on_the_rampage/

tho its toms :x

jAkUp
09-10-06, 10:10 PM
Yea its Toms.. .but that thing is incredibly fast for all DVD editing and the like...

Acid Rain
09-10-06, 10:21 PM
Wow, I used to like Tom's, but compared to Anand, their site and reviews suck so much ass it hurts. Core 2 Quadro sure is interesting though, regardless of how incredibly long it will be before we actually get to use the power in games.

Roadhog
09-11-06, 12:08 AM
i want one. :O

Bearclaw
09-11-06, 01:26 AM
That's pretty cool. I am anxious to see what AMD has to come out with for their next few processor's whether Dual core or Qaud core.

nekrosoft13
09-11-06, 06:56 AM
That's pretty cool. I am anxious to see what AMD has to come out with for their next few processor's whether Dual core or Qaud core.

there is no new amd architecture planned for quite a while.

K8L is not new

Heinz68
09-11-06, 08:20 AM
Wow, I used to like Tom's, but compared to Anand, their site and reviews suck so much ass it hurts. What's so wrong with Tom's Hardware based on this review ?

I like the site as much as I like AnandTech.

And Tom thanks for the preview, I'm sure many of us enjoyed.

Stoneyguy
09-11-06, 10:06 AM
Yeah I like Tom's. His reviews always contain minor errors that are a bit annoying though. Like on this review the marked out Core is labeled the quad (correctly) on page 1 while on the 2nd page the marked out Core is labeled the Duo (incorrectly).

Bearclaw
09-11-06, 10:31 AM
there is no new amd architecture planned for quite a while.

K8L is not new
I never said K8L was new.

I am excited to see what the kind of programs and applicatiosn will actually take advantage of 4 cores. I would take a kentsfield! :D

DarkJedi664
09-11-06, 11:13 AM
Its no surprise that 4 is better than 2...

a12ctic
09-11-06, 03:32 PM
I like anad a lot better, first off, tom's is usualy very VERY baised, secondly, theres usualy quite a few stupid errors in their review.s.

Heinz68
09-11-06, 06:43 PM
I like anad a lot better, first off, tom's is usualy very VERY baised, secondly, theres usualy quite a few stupid errors in their review.s.
WTF is baised ?
Anyway I assume you mean biased. This is very serious accusation, so can you tell us which way biased.
Tom's Hardware does reviews off many products, made by many companies so can you give us few preview examples on which you based your accusation, if on any?

Don't understand how can YOU be bothered by stupid little mistakes.
I have yet to read a post of yours without spelling mistakes and/or many biased crystal ball prediction with completely false information.

I learned English as fourth language, so I believe not using the spell check and post something on internet would be an ignorance.
On the above one sentence post you manage to misspell: baised and usualy.
All of which a simple spellcheck would correct, so why not use one, same goes for every post you made.

a12ctic
09-11-06, 08:00 PM
WTF is baised ?
Anyway I assume you mean biased. This is very serious accusation, so can you tell us which way biased.
Tom's Hardware does reviews off many products, made by many companies so can you give us few preview examples on which you based your accusation, if on any?

Don't understand how can YOU be bothered by stupid little mistakes.
I have yet to read a post of yours without spelling mistakes and/or many biased crystal ball prediction with completely false information.

I learned English as fourth language, so I believe not using the spell check and post something on internet would be an ignorance.
On the above one sentence post you manage to misspell: baised and usualy.
All of which a simple spellcheck would correct, so why not use one, same goes for every post you made.
personal attacks are not cool buddy. i dont bother with spell checking because it takes time, the reason why i misspell in the first place is soley due to my fast typing (around 120-130 words per minute). Back to the topic and away from immature personal attacks. I really dont feel like going through some of their reviews, they are very intel biased, probobly the worst mainstream review sites on the internet. For example, the intel low-end intel 900 series chip overclocking to 4.1ghz, sure it could do that, with incredibly expensive ram, overclocker board, and phase cooling, but they didnt seem to find those details important, and tried to get everyone to belive the lowend 900 chip was a overclocking god and could trample on amd chips. In reality for the phase cooler alone, you couldve boughten a 4200+ which would be a little faster than that chip anyway.

ragejg
09-11-06, 08:35 PM
:|

So yeah, we were talkin' about quad cores, and Tom's messy reviews, right? :p

ViN86
09-12-06, 09:47 AM
im glad i waited, looks like a lot of good things on the horizon.

Blacklash
09-12-06, 10:13 AM
Yep, that's another reason I decided not to go over the top with my recent CPU upgrade. I will likely get Kentsfield and it's not too far off.

This chip was 244 when I got it and I feel worth every penny.

Heinz68
09-12-06, 01:08 PM
personal attacks are not cool buddy. i dont bother with spell checking because it takes time, the reason why i misspell in the first place is soley due to my fast typing (around 120-130 words per minute). Back to the topic and away from immature personal attacks. I really dont feel like going through some of their reviews, they are very intel biased, probobly the worst mainstream review sites on the internet. For example, the intel low-end intel 900 series chip overclocking to 4.1ghz, sure it could do that, with incredibly expensive ram, overclocker board, and phase cooling, but they didnt seem to find those details important, and tried to get everyone to belive the lowend 900 chip was a overclocking god and could trample on amd chips. In reality for the phase cooler alone, you couldve boughten a 4200+ which would be a little faster than that chip anyway.
With your 120-130 words per minute typing it would be nice if you copy & pasted the link to the article you're talking about.
So again I can only assume this is another typing mistake and the low end 900 chip overclocking at 4.1GHz is actually the D 805 chip in this article: A 4.1 GHz Dual Core at $130 - Can it be True? (http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/05/10/dual_41_ghz_cores/)

It's a very long 45 page article and sure no important details were missed and no "incredibly expensive ram" or
"phase cooling" were used. So maybe it would help to read the article.

Comparing the D 805 $130.00 to AMD 4200+ is complete nonsense.
Only now (thanks to Intel) the 4200+ cost $187.00 (at newegg, same price on AMD JULY 24,06 price list).
At the time of the article the 4200+ was selling at about $365.00 (AMD May 17,06 price list).
Compared to D805 at $130.00 the 4200+ was close to 3 times more expensive.

Searching Google for "D 805 overclocking" I did find out that D 805 is good overclocking chip so who should I believe "YOU" without any proof or Tom's Hardware and others who did the actual testing ????????

To say Tom's Hardware is Intel biased, based on this article is nonsense, to say Tom's Hardware is Intel biased in general is even bigger nonsense, you just need to read the CPU articles before the Intel Conroe came out.
In fact now they just review the Conroe same as all the others review sites do.

Also read this article "Would You Buy A Core 2 Duo System Today? (http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/07/18/would_you_buy_core_2_duo_today/page2.html)" and see what chips the Tom's editors are actually using now, and sure you and all the AMD fanboys like me should like what the Tom's top gun has to say:
Patrick Schmid
"If I were to buy or upgrade right away I would probably go for Core 2. But I would not change my existing setup just because there is a new king on the hill. I'm rather conservative when it comes to tech spendings and flushing money down the toilet. I will consider an upgrade when I run into bottlenecks - not any minute earlier. The good old Athlon 64 X2 3800+ will still serve me well for the upcoming months, and I don't see the necessity for changing perfectly working systems; not even if I could suddenly get a Core 2 Quadro at ridiculous prices. Maybe this would be different if I had more time to play."
I'm the one who manages editorial for Tom's, working with our growing US team as well as with our fellows in Germany.

The bottom line is Tom's Hardware being a German Company is more in danger of being look at as AMD biased,
we just have to believe that unlike you all the editors are proffesionals.

Who is biased is you, just look at your signature. Looks like just about everybody is excited about Conroe except you. So my friend is about time to get a grip on reality and admit the Conroe is the best desktop chip now on the market.
I might never use the Conroe depending on what AMD comes out next (am not planning my next complete upgrade for about a year), but for sure I'm excited about Conroe, it's a GREAT chip, it made the AMD chips more affordable plus it pushes AMD to compete.

Now about the not so completely off topic:
Sure my comment was not a personal attack it was ALL about your postings.
If you really type 120-130 words per minute, it would make sense that you have no other choice than proof read what you post and do couple seconds spell check. Very lousy excuse that you don't have time for that, it also shows some respect for the forum. In fact the forum does the spell check automatically.
Sometime it would also make it much more easy to figure out what are you trying to say.
I also type 120-130 words per minutes, that is when I'm sleeping.
At normal circumstances, I can easy type 1000 wpm :), if not for that I would have no need to proof read or spell check at all :), oh I forgot about my English being fourth language I learned.

Most off your post are also very much misleading without any proof from where the info is coming from and when I search the Google I always find otherwise.
On quite few post somebody ask you where the info is coming from and you had no answer for that, same like you have to yet justify your accusation that the Tom's Hardware is Intel biased.
So it looks like you have no time for spell check and no time to research what you post, so the question is why bother to post at all, many people come to forums like this to get some true info and advice.

DiaBlo666
09-12-06, 01:28 PM
i too think tom's review are biased toward intel..
btw i like the new quad core :)

hey, to whoever said he can type 120-130 wpm pm me lets do some speed test :D

HighTest
09-12-06, 05:37 PM
Heinz68,

Typos on forums are an important process for developing new forms of internet communication. This is how the next form of communication will be developed that will replace l33t sp34k. To constantly use a spelling checker would stiffle the development of this new form. :p :D

Heinz68
09-12-06, 06:52 PM
:) :)

SH64
09-12-06, 07:49 PM
Hmmm this is putting me off buying a Core 2 Duo now :|

Bearclaw
09-12-06, 08:36 PM
Yep, that's another reason I decided not to go over the top with my recent CPU upgrade. I will likely get Kentsfield and it's not too far off.

This chip was 244 when I got it and I feel worth every penny.
That's awesome. You got it up to 3.7Ghz also. Nice!

Blacklash
09-13-06, 10:56 AM
That's awesome. You got it up to 3.7Ghz also. Nice!

Thanks, I'd be more thrilled if I didn't hang around the XS forums. Some fellows over there have them @ 4.0GHz on air with the Tuniq Tower 120. I might add they are "open air" configurations, ie no case. I thought about a tech station and I like this classic simple black case too much.

agentkay
09-13-06, 05:40 PM
I wonder how much the Kentsfield will cost. I would pick a 2.6Ghz Kentsfield over a 6600 Conroe as long as the price difference wonīt be more than $150-200. I canīt wait for xmas or January to finally enjoy a fast rig again, running on Vista (64bit) with all bells and whistles. :D

Bearclaw
09-13-06, 08:04 PM
Thanks, I'd be more thrilled if I didn't hang around the XS forums. Some fellows over there have them @ 4.0GHz on air with the Tuniq Tower 120. I might add they are "open air" configurations, ie no case. I thought about a tech station and I like this classic simple black case too much.
You should just do what I do and put your rig on top of the air conditioner. I have it on top of my in my room and it cools everything to 20C on idle. I know, it sounds like the dumbest idea ever...i posted a thread an it a while back. Some people got some good laughs out of it.