PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 crashing

Mr_LoL
09-11-06, 02:45 AM
Hi. I have had my 360 for 4 days and its started crashing and randomly rebooting when playing games and even when I am on the dashboard. Really starting to get on my nerves. Anyone else having the same problem?

Mr. Hunt
09-11-06, 02:51 AM
Its the zen of gaeming!@#

EDIT: I have to be the opposite of Zelda_fan and evilchris.

Badboy_12345
09-11-06, 03:31 AM
return it to the store where you bought it and get a new one :p
problem solved :D

brady
09-11-06, 05:32 AM
return it to the store where you bought it and get a new one :p
problem solved :D

Yeah. Do that.

msxyz
09-11-06, 05:40 AM
Yep, it will save the trouble to wait for a replacement . (~1 week)

A lot of Xboxes (even new) have problems with the heavy and bulky CPU heatsink not correctly mounted. They will start overheating, crashing randomly untill the CPU will finally die. I'm sure at MS are eagerly awaiting for the 0.65u revision of the chip because the failure rate of the machine seems pretty high and its' costing them a good deal of money and image as well.

Mr_LoL
09-11-06, 10:24 AM
Waaaahhhhh but I want my harddrive with all my saves on it. Waaaaah.

Bearclaw
09-11-06, 10:33 AM
It's all about PC gaming!!!! :D

|MaguS|
09-11-06, 10:45 AM
It's all about PC gaming!!!! :D

because PC's don't crash?

Bearclaw
09-11-06, 10:47 AM
because PC's don't crash?
PC's do crash....I never said they don't. I was just trying to say, I prefer PC gaming over console gaming. PC's crash just like consoles do...I never said they don't.

Namrok
09-11-06, 10:48 AM

I hear some stores will let you keep your harddrive. Probably all depends on how anal retentive the people working there are. I'm also pretty sure if you send it in to MS, the one you get back retains all your data. Lately I've been tempted to get a memory card for the 360 for my savegames, just in case it crashes. But so far its been 5 months and it's still going strong, so knock on wood.

Mr_LoL
09-11-06, 12:47 PM
Well I took it back but they didnt have any replacement consoles. When the refund goes back into my account, I will buy a replacement from somewhere else. Boo.

evilchris
09-11-06, 12:51 PM
Its the zen of gaeming!@#

EDIT: I have to be the opposite of Zelda_fan and evilchris.

The opposite of heterosexual? yeah, you are.

Peoples-Agent
09-11-06, 01:34 PM

They will let you keep the hard drive dude, they just swap them over in the store ...and take the new one out of the new pack and put it with the old, as such.

Peoples-Agent
09-11-06, 01:36 PM
Well I took it back but they didnt have any replacement consoles. When the refund goes back into my account, I will buy a replacement from somewhere else. Boo.

Out of interest dude, what games have you got?

Pro Evolution 6 is out next month man, and that's a MUST buy.

If its XB Live enabled i'll give ya an Arsenal v Spurs derby. :D

Mr_LoL
09-11-06, 01:39 PM
Out of interest dude, what games have you got?

Pro Evolution 6 is out next month man, and that's a MUST buy.

If its XB Live enabled i'll give ya an Arsenal v Spurs derby. :D
When I get my refund, I will go to gamestation and get a replacement. I have Test drive unlimited. I completed 48% of the game and it staryed to play up. I shall kick your ass in pro evo. Whats your gamertag?

saturnotaku
09-11-06, 01:49 PM
Lately I've been tempted to get a memory card for the 360 for my savegames, just in case it crashes. But so far its been 5 months and it's still going strong, so knock on wood.

Heh, I've been feeling the same way. I'm just too lazy to actually spend the money on one. But I have the Nyko Intercooler and the Pelican fan stand on my system so I don't think it's going to overheat any time soon. ;)

Redshirt #24
09-11-06, 02:08 PM
Thus far, my X360 has been very well-behaved. It's sitting on top of an A/V rack, though, so it has plenty of space...

Clyde_TTU
09-11-06, 04:25 PM
I had this problem, but it was about a month before my 360 crashed. What did I do I calle dup microsoft and they said they would send me a box and just to put the console in it and send it back. 3 days later I have a brand new console and got to keep my hard drive.

Mathesar
09-12-06, 09:22 PM
Ive had my 360 since launch day (build date Oct 2005) and so far no problems at all! Im actually suprised by that considering all the complaints on failures / lockups etc. <knocks on wood>

Last game I played was Dead Rising ,I went through 72 hour mode twice and completed Overtime mode, not a single crash or error :thumbsup:

gravioli
09-12-06, 10:41 PM
The only problems I have had with my 360 are "the disc is unreadable" errors on spotless discs. This is always preceded by a "clicking" sound from the disc drive. I have heard that some 360s use Samsung disc drives that do not keep the disc spinning at the correct speed, thus causing these errors. Your problem sounds like it relates to overheating. If you are still having problems after checking ventilation and the power connection, then I would return it for a replacement. Make sure you have either a store warranty or get the one Microsoft provides. I've had my 360 since January and kicking myself for not getting one especially when a disc unreadable error pops up mid game.

agentkay
09-13-06, 04:37 AM
Ive had 2 or 3 freezes but they appeared to me more like game/demo bugs than overheating. However my DVD tray gets stuck when the console is vertical (but never horizontal) but when I push the tray while its stuck it ejects without a problem.