PDA

View Full Version : Yes, another problem..take a look

Nox156
09-11-06, 07:26 AM
Hi again guys, new computer is working great but something is bugging me now...well 2 things and i'd like to know if they are normal or something needs to be configured

1- In cpuz, my memory timing frequency is at 400 mhz and im using 800 mhz memory, anything wrong here?

2- getting 3d mark 2006 scored os 8400 which is normal for a stock e6700, now my problem is that...in a game like half life 2 episode 1, when all graphics are at maximum including hdr, im running the game at around 120 fps, drops at 80 in times of high action...but whenever something big is gonna happen..structure collapsing or whatnot, the game freezes for about half a second just like my old computer used to do

Is there something that can be done to eliminate that completly???

thanks for the advices

nekrosoft13
09-11-06, 07:53 AM
DDR and DDR2 memory always show like that in CPUZ (and few other programs)

thats quite normal

about HL2, that a normal problem too, engine simply is loading the sound, if you go to steam forums, there is allot of complains about sound shutter in source based games.

ViN86
09-11-06, 02:50 PM
yea, if you havent learned yet, the whole steam engine/hl2 thing isnt always the greatest.

Nox156
09-11-06, 07:30 PM
I might be getting paranoid, I dont know

Quake 4 is delivering crappy performances

I know its capped at 60 fps because of the engine

but at ultra settings
1280 x 1024
AA 4x/AF 8x

I'm getting around 30 fps

check computer specs above, there is no way I should be getting this...at least I don't think so

kam03
09-12-06, 09:12 AM
Hi again guys, new computer is working great but something is bugging me now...well 2 things and i'd like to know if they are normal or something needs to be configured

1- In cpuz, my memory timing frequency is at 400 mhz and im using 800 mhz memory, anything wrong here?

2- getting 3d mark 2006 scored os 8400 which is normal for a stock e6700, now my problem is that...in a game like half life 2 episode 1, when all graphics are at maximum including hdr, im running the game at around 120 fps, drops at 80 in times of high action...but whenever something big is gonna happen..structure collapsing or whatnot, the game freezes for about half a second just like my old computer used to do

Is there something that can be done to eliminate that completly???

thanks for the advices

when you get the game freezes, check to see if your HDD light is lit.

Also provide your full spec please: