PDA

View Full Version : what Nforce drivers for C2D + SLI setup?

rudedog
09-11-06, 07:39 AM
Ok, been over in the AMD camp for the past 3 years. Almost finished building my new C2D box and have installed Nforce 7.15s for my Asus P5N32-SLI board equipped with a x6800. Right now I've installed a single 7600GT card while I move everything over (software). However I will be installing the two 7950s I have in this box,shortly but wanted to make sure I had the chipset drivers straightened out first.

When I went looking for chipset drivers over at the NV's main site, I came across two types of Intel chipset drivers, one labeled SLI one not. I assumed I needed the SLI ones so that is what I installed. Was this correct and is the 7.15s the latest?

Also on the AMD, people never installed the IDE drivers from NV should I follow this same rule on the Intel side?

Any help would be appreciated.

nekrosoft13
09-11-06, 07:48 AM
depends what you mean by IDE.

PATA and SATA driver is bought called IDE driver. in the istaller.

Nvidia dropped the PATA driver in the new driver releases. I still use SATA driver. PATA driver is very bad especially when you have two optical drives. same goes for SATA, if you gonna use Optical SATA drives, use standard MS driver.

main reason why i use NV sata driver, because on my storage drive, i turn off NCQ, helps in transfer speed.