PDA

View Full Version : More on PS3 shipment plans.

Mr_LoL
09-11-06, 01:41 PM
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3785&Itemid=2
I will believe it when I see it. I still think the release day for North America might get delayed.

Marvel_us
09-11-06, 01:46 PM
I doubt it will be deplayed here. Those numbers shouldn't be too out of reach either, that's probably what most would've estimated from the beginning.

Interesting to see Sony is still talking about that download games over the internet plan. I don't see how that would work though, unless it's like an XboxLive Arcade thing. My guess is that they're talking about full blow PS3 games though.

shungokusatsu
09-11-06, 02:24 PM
Yes that's confirmed, and 80% of all units shipped will be the 60GB version. Expect TONS of info at TGS'06 next week, and the big retailer meetings for EB/Gamestop take place at the end of the month so many of you will finally be able to preorder a week or two following TGS'06.

Quickstar
09-12-06, 10:26 PM
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3785&Itemid=2
I will believe it when I see it. I still think the release day for North America might get delayed.

I think you're right but in a different way. It'll still be released on time but with shortages. The Xbox360 was released in November of 2005? Well I never got one until March :(

mullet
09-13-06, 10:43 AM
Im wondering sence the Blue ray drive is like $1,000 do you get a free PS3 with it? :D

Athena
09-13-06, 03:20 PM
Wow I have to wait that long to pre order? This money is burning a hole in my pocket now!!! :(
Might have to give in an just get a 360

evilchris
09-13-06, 03:48 PM
Wow I have to wait that long to pre order? This money is burning a hole in my pocket now!!! :(
Might have to give in an just get a 360

How is buying an actual console giving in? I think giving in would be drinking Sony kool-aid waiting on their unreleased console.

OWA
09-14-06, 11:38 AM
Is 400,000 considered a lot for a console launch or not very many. Just trying to gauge how difficult it will be to get one at launch.

|MaguS|
09-14-06, 12:07 PM
Is 400,000 considered a lot for a console launch or not very many. Just trying to gauge how difficult it will be to get one at launch.

Thats the number that the X360 launched with... It's considered average, nothing special.

OWA
09-14-06, 01:18 PM
That's a little disappointing. The X360 was hard to find at launch in my area. Oh well...thanks for the info.

Slybri
09-15-06, 03:34 PM
I hope at least a few of you guys manage to get a PS3 at launch. We need some guinea pigs to take the 600$ plunge and tell us if it's worth it.

I doubt I'll get one until late next year. By then they should have some more advanced looking titles and the bugs should be worked out. The screenshots I'm seeing now don't look much better than the 360's graphics.

I'm hoping it will do more with the PSP than just using it as a rearview mirror in racing games. WTF is that about? A year ago it was supposed to stream live TV to your PSP over the net with a built in LocationFree player. Now it's a rearview mirror? What am I gonna do with that?

Marvel_us
09-15-06, 03:51 PM
I hope at least a few of you guys manage to get a PS3 at launch. We need some guinea pigs to take the 600$ plunge and tell us if it's worth it.

I doubt I'll get one until late next year. By then they should have some more advanced looking titles and the bugs should be worked out. The screenshots I'm seeing now don't look much better than the 360's graphics.

I'm hoping it will do more with the PSP than just using it as a rearview mirror in racing games. WTF is that about? A year ago it was supposed to stream live TV to your PSP over the net with a built in LocationFree player. Now it's a rearview mirror? What am I gonna do with that?

I don't see why people still expect PS3 to look that much better, if any at all, than Xbox360 graphically. As for the PSP stuff I'm sure there is much more it can do with PS3. That demo was just to show how seemless the connectivity is.

ENU291
09-15-06, 04:15 PM
Actually like Slybri mentioned I'm hoping that a few guys on this forum get PS3s at launch as well. I'll definitely read the professional reviews but getting feed back from the guys here is just as satisfying. Here's to hoping that you all get your hands of some PS3 goodness!!:beer: :thumbsup:

oldsk00l
09-16-06, 06:55 PM
I'll wait for a price drop and the overheating/hardware failures/disc scratching to get fixed in a revision.