PDA

View Full Version : Creative Sound Blaster Live Users Please Help

CDE_1246
09-11-06, 03:33 PM
My freind gave me his decent sound card from his old dell dimension which has crisp nice audio. I installed the drivers from the dell website and it works fine. But now when i try playing a game no picture will come up, or when im at the main menu of a game all the colors are all screwed up like pink and all crazy colors. When i try to launch a game like CSS the game just crashes with the HL2 has encountered a problem and needs to close error message. I tried reinstalling the video card drivers and that didnt work. Im going to update the sound card drivers. Thanks for the reply.
PS: I attached a screen shot of the crazy colors in CSS and of COD2

CDE_1246
09-11-06, 05:40 PM
Anyone Please Help. :)

retsam
09-11-06, 05:48 PM
first off, try to shutdown the system and reseat your cards. then download a newer driver set for your video card. then come back and tell us how you made out.

retsam
you can get newer drivers from guru3d.com

ekloot1978
I don't play counterstrike but I do play COD2 and I have a soundblaster live card and it works fine. I use the default sound settings in COD2 and I just use the latest drivers off of creativelabs.com There are separate drivers for the soundblaster live dell card there compared to the regular soundblaster live card that I have. So make sure you pick the right drivers. And you might want to uninstall any other soundblaster live drivers before you get the correct ones from creativelabs.com My video card is also a geforce 6800 non-ultra AGP card too. Oh, and try to make sure the soundblaster card is in a pci slot that doesn't share its IRQ with any other devices (if possible). If the IRQ for the soundblaster is being shared with another device then uninstall the drivers and move the card to another pci slot and then reinstall the drivers and then check to see if it now has its own IRQ. Also, if you have any onboard soundcard on your motherboard then uninstall the drivers for it and be sure to disable it in your bios. Hope this helps.

CDE_1246
09-11-06, 06:11 PM
You guys both called it i reseated my cards and then everything is fine now :) thanks alot guys for reply.

CDE_1246
09-12-06, 02:47 PM
Now im having another problem. This sound card is cuasing issues with my video card. When i shut down my computer and turn it back on the next day it cuases my computer to completely lock up then i have to restart and then my monitor will say that there is no signal. Please help. Thanks for reply

retsam
09-12-06, 02:48 PM
hmmm..... did you try new drivers?...

CDE_1246
09-12-06, 02:49 PM
I havent tried that yet thanks. Any one else? Nice sig BTW

retsam
09-12-06, 02:52 PM
did you try to seat the card in another pci slot?