PDA

View Full Version : ASUS P5N32-SLI SE FAQ and QUESTIONS ANSWERED

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Tikiman44
09-11-06, 09:06 PM
Hey Everybody,

Seeing as how our patient waiting (ALL FETCHIN' SUMMER LONG:banghead:) for the DFI board seems to have been in vain (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=114768&highlight=dfi+590), some of us seeking a good nForce chipset that has x16 SLI potential produces only one Conroe canidate: the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE DELUXE (hopefully the Premium version does come out soon). While I must say the previous non-Conroe version of this board disgusted me, I have been very happy:D with the stability of this Conroe enabled version.

I have been receiving many PM's lately about overclocking on the board, setting up RAID, resetting the CMOS, and so on and so forth.

Needless to say, I think since many of us at nVNews are in the same Conroe boat with very few nForce chipset motherboard choices (for now).

Ask any and all questions you like, post your benchmarks or whatever. It will probably benefit all if we share our experience and work out any issues we have with the board.:thinker:

Look around more people are converting to the board than you may think.:p

http://imageigloo.com/images/9164DFI BLAH!.JPG:rw:

Disclaimer: That FETCHIN' above was just for you crainger.....O RLY!:D

crainger
09-11-06, 09:27 PM
LOL That Fetchin' made my Fetchin' Day. I needed it too. Been working on an inhouse Held Desk Solution. My head hurts.

LOL I was wondering why you had a DFI pic... Then I saw you were shooting the Fetch out of it. If the Asus is good enough for Tiki. It's damn sure to be good enough for me. Conroe here I come (after a holiday with the girly though)

Tikiman44
09-11-06, 09:28 PM
HERE ARE 4 THREADS I HAVE FOUND WITH PEOPLE HAVING ISSUES.

Alright folks who has the answers.;) Although I really think I might have some.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76033
Hi All,

Thought I'd ask if any of you have experienced this problem. Mine was booting fine for about 3 weeks, speedy as anything. Then I rebooted it earlier this evening and all of a sudden I'm getting a problem with the boot-up. It hangs on the P5N32 splash screen for 20-30 seconds before actually booting into the OS. I've seen someone else has had the same problem over on the Asus forum but no answers so far so I thought I'd see if anyone here has had this problem.

System Spec is as follows:

Case: Thermaltake Tsunami
PSU: Coolermaster 550W Real Power
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600
GFX: 2x XFX GeForce 7950 (Quad SLI forceware 91.45)
Mobo: P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe (bios 0305)
Memory: 2x 1GB Corsair CM2X1024-6400

Cheers,
Steve.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75306&highlight=p5n32-SLI
Hey everybody, I need a bit of help with this problem. I just got done building my Core 2 Duo computer. Here is the specs:

Power Supply: Tagan Turbojet 1100W
Motherboard: P5N32-SLI SE
Processor: Intel E6600
RAM: Corsair TWIN2X 2048-6400C4PRO
Hard Drive: WD Raptor 150GB
Video Card: (2) EVGA 7950GX2

Now my system originally have 1 EVGA 7950GX2 video card in it. It ran perfectly fine and detected the system memory at 2048MB installed/2048MB usable. I ordered a second EVGA 7950GX2 video card, put it in and both the cards are detected and working fine but the system memory reads as 2048MB installed/1152 usable (under Windows system properties and motherboard BIOS). So when I took out one of the EVGA 7950GX2, the system memory went back to normal at 2048MB installed/2048 usable. I already posted a message at Asus forum and it seemed like other people with more or less similar setup as mines experience the same problem. Here is the link:
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20060817141524453&board_id=1&model=P5N32-SLI+SE+Deluxe&page=1&SLanguage=en-us...

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76481&highlight=p5n32-SLI
I've had my system for about 2 weeks:

Conroe E6700 2.67 mhz core 2 duo
Asus P5n32-sli se deluxe
Corsair twinx 800 mhz 1gb x2
XFX nvidia geforce 7950 gx2
maxtor diamondmax 10 200gb

Up until this morning, the system posted around 25% of the time and when it did..the computer ran fine but this morning..its not posting at all anymore

I don't know what to do, ive exchanged the motherboard for a new one and it didnt change anything...I think the problem is with the memory but I cant be sure I cant even reach the bios

Anyone ever experienced something like this?

plz help

thanks

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75348&highlight=p5n32-SLI
This is what I put together:

ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe
Conroe Xtreme
BFG 7900GTX X2 SLI
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 2GB Kit DDR2-800 XMS2-6400
Silverstone Zeus 750 Watt PSU

On power on the system does not boot
Fans power up
No POST beep
No video
LEDs on CDROM and HD cycle every couple of seconds

I tried dropping down to 1 video card still no dice
Tried swapping videocards out

Unfortunately I don't have any other hardware around to test with

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Tikiman44
09-11-06, 09:29 PM
LOL That Fetchin' made my Fetchin' Day. I needed it too. Been working on an inhouse Held Desk Solution. My head hurts.

LOL I was wondering why you had a DFI pic... Then I saw you were shooting the Fetch out of it. If the Asus is good enough for Tiki. It's damn sure to be good enough for me. Conroe here I come (after a holiday with the girly though)

You betcha it was getting the fetch shot out of it:D.

http://imageigloo.com/images/5997MoboS.jpg:rw:

crainger
09-11-06, 09:37 PM
I'd watch out. I hear the DFI has l33t Rail Flick skillz.

Anyways I better leave this thread for the actual Questions being asked Frequently.

jAkUp
09-11-06, 09:40 PM
Ok, I've made up my mind. I am getting this tomorrow unless I hear some 590 news tomorrow.

Tikiman44
09-11-06, 09:41 PM
I'd watch out. I hear the DFI has l33t Rail Flick skillz.

Anyways I better leave this thread for the actual Questions being asked Frequently.

:rofl Well I hope some people really will take advantage of the tread.:D

Tikiman44
09-11-06, 09:42 PM
Ok, I've made up my mind. I am getting this tomorrow unless I hear some 590 news tomorrow.

Congrats!!! Let us know how it goes.(nana2) It will be interesting to see how your signature changes.

lee63
09-11-06, 10:12 PM
I think this thread deserves a sticky, :) as so many people are getting this board :D

Tikiman44
09-11-06, 10:13 PM
I think this thread deserves a sticky, :) as so many people are getting this board :D

Alright!:D Thanks.

Tikiman44
09-11-06, 11:19 PM
Hi All,

Thought I'd ask if any of you have experienced this problem. Mine was booting fine for about 3 weeks, speedy as anything. Then I rebooted it earlier this evening and all of a sudden I'm getting a problem with the boot-up. It hangs on the P5N32 splash screen for 20-30 seconds before actually booting into the OS. I've seen someone else has had the same problem over on the Asus forum but no answers so far so I thought I'd see if anyone here has had this problem.

System Spec is as follows:

Case: Thermaltake Tsunami
PSU: Coolermaster 550W Real Power
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600
GFX: 2x XFX GeForce 7950 (Quad SLI forceware 91.45)
Mobo: P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe (bios 0305)
Memory: 2x 1GB Corsair CM2X1024-6400

Cheers,
Steve.

First of all I would make sure that your hard drive is setup correctly in Windows (Administrative Tools-->Computer Management-->Storage). Next make sure that the BIOS settings for the hard drive have not been tweaked. Finally defrag your hard drive. This has always made the difference for me.

Wait one more thing...make sure the memory timings are not set to severly this board has been to only stall on boot up for me when this has happened. But nowadays I boot into windows in like 7-10 seconds.:D

crainger
09-11-06, 11:33 PM
Usually hangs at the bios are due to drive detection. I would go into the bios and disbale any SATA and IDE channels not being used and if possible disable auto dectection at each boot.

Recently I saw this with an old 98 machine I built for my gf to play StarCraft on. Turns out it was a faulty HDD.

Tikiman44
09-11-06, 11:51 PM
Usually hangs at the bios are due to drive detection. I would go into the bios and disbale any SATA and IDE channels not being used and if possible disable auto dectection at each boot.

Recently I saw this with an old 98 machine I built for my gf to play StarCraft on. Turns out it was a faulty HDD.

O RLY you don't even have this board and I just know thats the right answer.:D

Tikiman44
09-11-06, 11:58 PM
I've had my system for about 2 weeks:

Conroe E6700 2.67 mhz core 2 duo
Asus P5n32-sli se deluxe
Corsair twinx 800 mhz 1gb x2
XFX nvidia geforce 7950 gx2
maxtor diamondmax 10 200gb

Up until this morning, the system posted around 25% of the time and when it did..the computer ran fine but this morning..its not posting at all anymore

I don't know what to do, ive exchanged the motherboard for a new one and it didnt change anything...I think the problem is with the memory but I cant be sure I cant even reach the bios

Anyone ever experienced something like this?

plz help

thanks

This would certainly be a jumper CMOS clearing and battery replacement (pull it out and put it back in). Also try pulling the memory out and putting them back in. I have the same memory so the memory should be fine. In the BIOS make sure the memory settings have not been touched. I had too much voltage going to my sticks and it was causing lockups, but now my rig is smooth as butter. Also make sure you update to BIOS 0305. I could say that 1 hundred times over. That is the real trick.

crainger
09-12-06, 12:14 AM
I'm thinking CPU if it doesn't even reach the bios. I have seen this twice before in P4 systems. The PC would power on, but nothing would happen, no beeps or anything. A motherboard switch didn't help. A CPU switch did.

Tikiman44
09-12-06, 12:16 AM
I'm thinking CPU if it doesn't even reach the bios. I have seen this twice before in P4 systems. The PC would power on, but nothing would happen, no beeps or anything. A motherboard switch didn't help. A CPU switch did.

That would really suck to have a DOA Conroe.:( ;) Or perhaps the CPU is not setaed in the socket very well.

jAkUp
09-12-06, 12:47 AM
Updated sig :D I should have this tomorrow ;)

As for that memory problem with the 2x7950's, I believe ASUS has corrected this with a BIOS update.

jAkUp
09-12-06, 01:19 AM
This guy got his 6800 to 3.85GHz on this board :D And a maximum of a 352MHz FSB.
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=110883

Also using quad SLI
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110494&highlight=P5N32-SLI+Deluxe

crainger
09-12-06, 01:25 AM
WOW. That ASUS cooler is huge. It that the ASUS silent square they talk about? Does it come with the mboard?

jAkUp
09-12-06, 02:03 AM
Also you can find the latest BIOS updates for this board here:
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/P5N32-SLI%20SE%20Deluxe/

CaptNKILL
09-12-06, 04:48 AM
I just looked at the title of this thread, and it got me thinking...

Someone needs to make a board called the P3N15.

(if you didnt catch that, think 1337 speak)

top3koms
09-12-06, 05:33 AM
Does anyone have any information about which nforce 4 drivers to use with this motherboard ? Nvidia's website is quite confusing ,it has listings for Nforce 4 Intel X16 ,Nforce 4 SLI Intel and Nforce 4 SLI XE/Ultra SLI.

rudedog
09-12-06, 06:49 AM
** edit, looks like top3koms beat me to the questions while I was putting together my post :)

Here is a list of nForce chipset drivers for Intel based boards. Now can anyone tell me if I use SLI Intel (7.15) or SLI XE/Ultra Intel (8.22)? I've also included a link to non SLI chipset drivers (6.86)

Note: all listed drivers are 32 bit, links above each quote

nForce4 Intel x16 (http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_win2k_6.86.html) Version 6.86 Release Date: July 7, 2006 WHQL Certified
Release Notes

WHQL driver package for nForce4 AMD, nForce4 AMD/Intel X16 motherboards.
Installation Notes

Uninstall any existing nForce networking drivers prior to installing this package.
Windows XP users must install Service Pack 1, at a minimum, prior to attempting to install this package. Failure to do so will result in the inability to support USB 2.0.
Installation of DirectX 9.0 or higher is required in order to use NVMixer.
Windows XP/2000 Driver Versions

Audio Driver (v4.65) "WHQL"
Audio Utility (v4.51)
Ethernet Driver (v50.25) "WHQL"
Network Management Tools (v50.19)
SMBus Driver (v4.57) "WHQL"
Installer (v4.89)
WinXP IDE SataRAID Driver (v6.66) "WHQL"
WinXP IDE SataIDE Driver (v6.66) "WHQL"
WinXP RAIDTOOL Application (v6.63)
nForce4 SLI XE/Ultra Intel (http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp32_intel_8.22.html) Version 8.22 Release Date: January 17, 2006 WHQL Certified
Installation Notes:

Windows XP users must install Service Pack 1, at a minimum, prior to attempting to install this package. Failure to do so will result in the inability to support USB 2.0.
Release Notes:

First driver release to support nForce4 SLI XE Intel Edition motherboards.
General compatibility fixes.
Windows XP Driver Versions:

Ethernet NRM driver version 5.09 (WHQL)
Network management tools version 5.09
SMBus driver version 4.50 (WHQL)
Installer version 4.93
IDE SATARAID driver version 6.22 (WHQL)
IDE SATA_IDE driver version 6.22 (WHQL)
RAIDTOOL application version 6.22
nForce4 SLI Intel (http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp32_intel_7.15.html) Version 7.15 Release Date: November 2, 2005 WHQL Certified
Installation Notes:

Release Notes:

General compatibility fixes for nForce4 SLI Intel Edition motherboards.
Windows XP Driver Versions:

Audio driver version 4.62 (WHQL)
Audio utility version 4.51
Ethernet NRM driver version 4.82 (WHQL)
Network management tools version 4.88
SMBus driver version 4.45 (WHQL)
Installer version 4.78
Legacy PATA RAID driver version 5.52
IDE SATARAID driver version 5.52 (WHQL)
IDE driver version 5.52 (WHQL)
RAIDTOOL application version 5.52

Tikiman44
09-12-06, 07:08 AM
I believe you will only be wanting to worry about 6.86 drivers as they are specifically made for this board.:D They are what I am using anyway. It only makes sense becuase the is the x16 nForce4 Intel board out.

lee63
09-12-06, 07:12 AM
Hmm... good question, I think you could use the Intel 590 Sli, its pretty much the same chipset as the Nforce 4, I could be wrong though. I have this board in my cart at the egg, if theres no ASUS 590 by tomorrow :( I think I will get it :)