PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about 7950GX2

ChiBChombo
09-12-06, 09:43 PM
Alright I just got a pair of 7950 GX2 Evga, and I was wondering... How do I know they are working on Sli for sure? I never got the message I got with the 7900 GTX like "Your system is Sli capable, to turn it on click here" blah blah... Also, why does some places say "512MB" memory, and some others say 1024?

And one last question: I Recently bought another RAM stick, 3 GB total, and one of them isnt working, the two others have the led's on etc but the 3rd is stuck on 1st led not doing any acivity, anyone know why?

john19055
09-12-06, 11:42 PM
To really get the use out of a pair of 7950GX2's ,you need to run at very high resolutions.and the memory still works like a pair of 7900GTX with basically 512mb.although it has a total of 2gigs.you need to buy memory in pairs so they can run duall channel,some motherboards want run with 3 sticks of memory because it would make it single channel.

SH64
09-12-06, 11:44 PM
You dont get the SLI options ?? like "show SLI load balance bars" ??
what drivers are you using ?

ChiBChombo
09-13-06, 01:39 AM
It says its on, but just making sure. And also, how can I check my cards temperature? It doesn't appear on the menu like 7900 GTX's...

Oh and how do I play with 18x AA? I only see 4 on games.

K007
09-13-06, 04:43 AM
Na single GX2 dont have Load balance bars option int he Nvidia CP.

But you can use nhancer beta and enable sli load balance bars..it works i have posted screenshots and made a thread about it..but i think it died some where in the threads now..didnt look like alot of people cared ><..but yea..u can enable it..and it was a shocker to me and alot of GX2 owners when i posted it over on guru3d..its a shame nvidia wont do it..but need 3rd party to use it..i almost 99% of the time have it on..its not a big distraction either..its always nice to know where the cpu bottlenecks the sli setup ^_^..like in WoW..its like blank wall..100% green bars..people..20-40% green bar...blank wall 100%..people..20-40%...wall...people..wall..people..lol

Also dont forget disable smooth mouth in wow and i think it apply to other games to as it seems to kill the sli setup

ChiBChombo
09-13-06, 01:22 PM
Oh I got the temperature, but only shows it for one card not both.. at its up to 88-90.. Is that bad?

And it says "Ebanle Quad Sli technology" and its enabled, so Im guessing both my cards are working. But I dont get why it doesnt show the temperature for both, or why cant i pick AA x18 on video games?

nekrosoft13
09-13-06, 01:37 PM
Na single GX2 dont have Load balance bars option int he Nvidia CP.

But you can use nhancer beta and enable sli load balance bars..it works i have posted screenshots and made a thread about it..but i think it died some where in the threads now..didnt look like alot of people cared ><..but yea..u can enable it..and it was a shocker to me and alot of GX2 owners when i posted it over on guru3d..its a shame nvidia wont do it..but need 3rd party to use it..i almost 99% of the time have it on..its not a big distraction either..its always nice to know where the cpu bottlenecks the sli setup ^_^..like in WoW..its like blank wall..100% green bars..people..20-40% green bar...blank wall 100%..people..20-40%...wall...people..wall..people..lol

Also dont forget disable smooth mouth in wow and i think it apply to other games to as it seems to kill the sli setup

he said a pair of 7950, not a single

nekrosoft13
09-13-06, 01:38 PM
Oh I got the temperature, but only shows it for one card not both.. at its up to 88-90.. Is that bad?

And it says "Ebanle Quad Sli technology" and its enabled, so Im guessing both my cards are working. But I dont get why it doesnt show the temperature for both, or why cant i pick AA x18 on video games?

88-90 of what? C or F?

if its C then thats really high on load, really!! hot!!!

to enable 18x AA you have to use SLI AA mode, its in the profile settings, you need to switch from AFR or SFR to SLI AA

ChiBChombo
09-13-06, 02:48 PM
Ummm I really don't know, this is a screenshot:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3893/temperaturevg7.jpg

I think its C ><... Is that too high?

And umm I can't find the profile thing, could you tell me how to get to it please?

Oh and will I be able to run AA x 18 on a game like oblivion at same time as running HDR? I dunno which s best

Is the temperature combined for both 7950 GX2? Cus I can't seem to pick one or the other like I did on 7900 GTX

john19055
09-15-06, 05:16 AM
As for as I know you can not run both at the same time with oblivion ,it's either FSAA or HDR.

K007
09-15-06, 05:40 AM
Only ATI can do HDR / AA in Oblivion.