PDA

View Full Version : ASUS N6800 512 RAM problem

MoLt3h
09-14-06, 08:21 AM
I have just reformated my PC...and I can't get the graphics to work proplerly! WoW works fineish...slows down and still a bit of stretching but no different...However The Movies hud keeps dissapearing and needs me to alt+tab to desktop and back in again every 2 mins to be able to play on. Most annoyingly is that Oblivion refuses to work properly. I enter the game and any time within 1min to 7mins the graphics **** up...see pic below...

http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=obliviondeadtr4.jpg

Oblivion settings are all minimal. No HDR lighting, no Bloom effects, no long distance, 1024x768 resolution....pathetic in otherwords.

Now I have tried everything under the sun it seems...

I have installed 3 different versions of drivers - 77.77 , 84.21 (they were latest on PC Gamer dvd) and 66.81 and I get the same problem with all of them, although a nice performance boost with the 84.21 while it works. (I've run driver cleaner in safe mode after each uninstall aswell)

I have installed latest sound drivers, mobo drivers and have the latest bios.

Idle temp is 66C...although I have it down to 61C atm with a desktop fan pointing at it, however I don't believe it is temp since if i alt+tab out and check temp during the graphic **** up shown in the picture it is never higher than 69C at max.

Specs are as follows:

Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.1 ghz
1.0 gig of RAM (2x512mb) (Crucial)
ASUS N6800 512MB DDR
Latest Direct X
Windows XP SP2
Sansun 550W PSU (ATX)
Latest mobo BIOS
Latest mobo drivers
Latest sound card drivers

Is the graphics card completley borked and should I look at getting it repaired/replaced or just going for an ATI one?

john19055
09-15-06, 03:27 AM
With Oblivion you more then likely need a newer driver then the 84.21,you can go here and find the newer ones ,have you tried the newest one from nvidia the 91.47 http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10 and make sure you have the updated DX9c drivers.