PDA

View Full Version : I need software to playback video input on my 7800 gtx

LBJM
09-14-06, 11:38 PM
I have video input working on my system through one of my 7800 gtxs and i have my gamecube hooked up to it. I need software that just plays the video feed without deinterlacing the video feed. I've used DScaler but it creates lag in video games because it's deinterlacing and there's no way in the options to turn it off. Can anyone help?

retsam
09-15-06, 12:28 AM
videolan....vlc player should do the trick.

LBJM
09-15-06, 01:48 AM
I tried it.. it doesn't work.. it sees the device but even after I select it it doesn't work.

retsam
09-15-06, 03:09 AM
did you try diffrent sets of video drivers?...ive done this in the past and never had this problem. if this is occuring over multiple programes then i would suspect its another problem.

LBJM
09-15-06, 04:43 PM
I've tried driver drivers I'm currently using 91.47 whql..chances are I'm not setting up vlc correctly. could you tell me how your have vlc setup? DScaler works fine with these drivers it didn't work fine with a previous set.

retsam
09-15-06, 05:19 PM
sorry man i cant, i just packed my comp away an im typing on my laptop. im moving in a week,so things have had to go.

retsam
09-15-06, 05:20 PM
why dont you try and ask over at the forums over there. the forums are really good.

LBJM
09-15-06, 07:42 PM
When you unpack your computer please tell me your settings.. I've done searches and with threads like this one http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=25066&highlight=video+input+geforce+7800 most without replies I don't think anyone there will be helpful.
this is what i get:
dshow error: capture device 'nVidia WDM Video Capture (universal)' does not support required parameters !
dshow error: can't open video

retsam
09-15-06, 07:55 PM
ya i will do it when i get a chance. ive also used an external tv capture card to do it on my pc.