PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard License Havok Technology

SH64
09-15-06, 01:17 AM
Havok announced today that Blizzard Entertainment has licensed Havok 4.0, to use in upcoming, and yet unannounced, PC and Macintosh games.
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=37109&mode=thread&order=0

wonder what game(s) could that be! ;)

nutcrackr
09-15-06, 01:24 AM
Diablo 3 - skeletons crumbling with realistic physics, poison splashes over mobs, mobs get frozen and shatter into many hundresd of pieces :D

Edge
09-15-06, 01:36 AM
Havok 4? I didn't know they even had Havok 3 done yet. But wow, cool news, can't wait to see what they do with it. Hmm, what could Blizzard possibly be making that could put Havok to good use...

SH64
09-15-06, 01:40 AM
Havok 4? I didn't know they even had Havok 3 done yet.
See .. you wasn't paying enough attention to my threads :p
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73289&

K007
09-15-06, 04:33 AM
Wonder what Blizzard is gonna do...add physics to WoW? It would seem very silly of em to release some other game when WoW MMO is getting them more cash every month..if a new game from Blizzard does come out for the PC then alot of people will just bail out of WoW..i think most people still play WoW cause thats the only thing Blizzard has at the moment that is not too old like War3/TFT atm..

What eva it is..it must be a FPS -.-..or another MMO..or they just have too much money and they want to spend it :lol:

Zeta
09-15-06, 08:13 AM
Ghost?

Becoming
09-15-06, 08:46 AM
Wonder what Blizzard is gonna do...add physics to WoW? It would seem very silly of em to release some other game when WoW MMO is getting them more cash every month..if a new game from Blizzard does come out for the PC then alot of people will just bail out of WoW..i think most people still play WoW cause thats the only thing Blizzard has at the moment that is not too old like War3/TFT atm..

What eva it is..it must be a FPS -.-..or another MMO..or they just have too much money and they want to spend it :lol:

Why would it matter to anyone hooked on WoW if Blizzard released anything that wasn't WoW related? I really don't see Diablo or something putting a giant dent in the number of WoW subscribers, as they are completely and utterly unrelated types of games and have nothing to do with one another.

GlowStick
09-15-06, 10:32 AM
Hm maybe SC2!! :D :D

superklye
09-15-06, 12:36 PM
Cha right. I've accepted that the greatest game of all time is never going to have a proper sequel. :(

jAkUp
09-15-06, 01:08 PM
I guess that means they will be using GPU acceleration.

gmontem
09-15-06, 01:14 PM
I would like to see them do something different for a change and make a Blackthorne sequel. :)

Parts
09-15-06, 05:02 PM
World of Starcraft!

GlowStick
09-15-06, 10:08 PM
World of Starcraft!
:dance:

slick
09-15-06, 10:40 PM
Physics and MMO's don't go together, at least not in the entirely interactive sense like Oblivion. Maybe rag dollage?

SH64
09-15-06, 10:46 PM
World of Starcraft!
Or World of Diablo ?? :D

|MaguS|
09-16-06, 12:37 AM
Physics and MMO's don't go together, at least not in the entirely interactive sense like Oblivion. Maybe rag dollage?

Havok can be used for particles and animation aswell... Heck even cloth simulation can be handled by it, so maybe another game other then EQ2 can have nice cloth animation for once...