PDA

View Full Version : Can't get driver to recognize Lego Star Wars 2

Stevedroid
09-16-06, 01:02 AM
I've been playing LEGO Star Wars 2 and it's a great game, but I can't get the driver to recognize the game for the life of me. This is important because I need to setup SLI for the game

I'm using the official 91.47's and while they do already have a Lego Star Wars 2 profile, it was made based on the demo's executable and the executable for the full game is different.

So I tried creating a new profile, I selected the game's exe and set the SLI mode to AFR. Went into the game and SLI isn't enabled. I checked the nvapps.xml file and everything looked ok, so I copied the SLI setting for the demo into my profile for the game. Still single GPU only when I start the game. Fine, I get rid of my user made profile and just change application setting for nVidia's profile - still no luck.

SLI works fine in the demo, but for whatever reason I just can't get the drivers to recognize when the full game is run. If I set a global SLI setting the game will run in SLI, so it's just not recognizing the exe for some reason. I've triple checked the spelling on the exe and everything is right. Also checked task manager when the game is running, and it runs the exe I suspect; it's not a launcher exe that calls a different exe to run the game or anything like that.

Any idea what's going on here? Do I need a full path for the exe or something like that?

Stevedroid
09-17-06, 02:05 AM
Answered here: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76786

Manually created profiles seem to be broken in the classic control panel in 91.47 and the new CP doesn't seem to be working entirely correctly either. In the meantime some registry editing allowed me to set the SLI setting for the game.

rewt
09-17-06, 02:43 AM
Answered here: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76786

Manually created profiles seem to be broken in the classic control panel in 91.47 and the new CP doesn't seem to be working entirely correctly either. In the meantime some registry editing allowed me to set the SLI setting for the game.

You could try program called nHancer to edit game profiles.

Although atm it seems to be giving me errors about the nvapps.xml file. I am using 92.xx drivers though.