PDA

View Full Version : Increasing gamma for game but not desktop

skax
09-16-06, 08:27 PM
Hi

I do not know how to use the control panel (driver 91.47) to increase gamma and brightness in game (half life/tfc in this case) without increasing the gamma for the desktop at the same time. I need the game brighter than what it is but any increase in gamma makes the desktop too bright. Any help is apopreciated.

CaptNKILL
09-16-06, 08:34 PM
Usually this can only be done with in-game settings.

Daydre@m
09-16-06, 09:07 PM
Asus OSD

Link : http://event.asus.com/vga_newfeatures/gaming_osd.htm

skax
09-17-06, 12:56 AM
My in-game settings are at max but it's still too dark for my liking.

I installed that ASUS program but I got an error during installation, both under a "start service" banner:

The system cannot find the file specified, and then
Can't start kernel mode driver service

It then seems to go on and complete the installation, shows an ASUS tab under the display properties but the check box to enable it is greyed out and not an option.

FYI I have a POV 7900GTX

:(

Toss3
09-17-06, 03:07 AM
Hi

I do not know how to use the control panel (driver 91.47) to increase gamma and brightness in game (half life/tfc in this case) without increasing the gamma for the desktop at the same time. I need the game brighter than what it is but any increase in gamma makes the desktop too bright. Any help is apopreciated.
I'm having the same problem, but only with counter-strike. :thumbdwn: It doesn't matter if you upp the level of gamma or brightness in the game. It's still going to be dark. I remember that there was a feature for increasing the brightness of a game, by pushing a key-combination while playing. The tool got banned though, but it just might work today. Wish I hadn't forgotten what it was called. :o

Slammin
09-17-06, 10:14 AM
Just use the old Control Panel and set up a color profile for gaming and another one for desktop. You can use the Taskbar icon to switch between the two if they don't switch automatically.

RejZoR
09-17-06, 11:21 AM
You can do as Slammin said or you can simply create a game specific profile and bind that color profile to it. This way it'll load it for game and unload it when you finish playing.

Daydre@m
09-17-06, 06:50 PM
Ah thats crap .. I have beeing using that software for some games on my old monitor. Oh well it might be Brand exclusive since I have an Asus card. Anyway Slammin's method is also another alternative.

skax
09-18-06, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the tips guys. I've tried playing with some profiles but cannot see how I can link them up to the colour correction screen. Anyone have any links for tutorials that can guide me through this?

Thanks