PDA

View Full Version : Audio skipping on DVD's

sewebster87
09-16-06, 11:45 PM
Everytime I play a DVD, from either of my drives, in the programs I have tried (WinDVD, Windows Media Player, or Quicktme) it skips.

I don't have the ability to re-install the driver's for the drive, or the audio drivers, because the person that purchased the machine, no longer has the disc's to do so, its a Sony VAIO, I mean I could open the case and find out what types of drives they are etc... But this is a little more immediate.

Any ideas?

Also, when I attempt to launch a DVD from windows explorer, it throws an error that there is no association for the file. However, the IFO file type is associated with WinDVD. The only was I can get a DVD to play is if I launch it directly from the IFO file.

Thank you in advance guys =)

Stoneyguy
09-17-06, 11:54 AM
you could run dxdiag and select the sound tab to find out what kind of sound chip you have and the version of the driver. Then see if there is a new driver available on the net.

sharangad
09-17-06, 11:59 AM
Everytime I play a DVD, from either of my drives, in the programs I have tried (WinDVD, Windows Media Player, or Quicktme) it skips.

Make sure DMA is enabled for your DVD drives.

sewebster87
09-17-06, 05:50 PM
Make sure DMA is enabled for your DVD drives.

Will do, but unfortunately, I am not sure where/what DMA is. lol, sorry. Drive properties? In the application?