PDA

View Full Version : So...The 360

Pages : [1] 2

Tyr-Sog
09-17-06, 08:46 AM
I've been itching to buy a 360. I head up to gamestop and start looking around, mind set already to buy one no questions to ask. I start to check out the game selection and my itch starts to fade away. There's just nothing that really, really interest me on the shelf. The few games that do I can get on the pc. Out of all the games on the shelf I guess the couple I'd pick up would be Enchanted Arms and Test Drive.

So I decide to go home to read some reviews/previews, see whats planned for the near future as far as releases go. Again, I just don't see anything to promising or much on the plate for that matter. I'm at gamestops website and to me it looks like the biggest realeases are that of accessories with a few games thrown inbetween.

Now tbh I haven't kept up on the console scene for a long time. I'm pretty ignorant so if anyone could maybe point me in the right direction as far as previews/reviews go please do. Or even some 360 owners just shed some light on their feeling towards this console.

oldsk00l
09-17-06, 11:02 AM
Buy Kameo and PD0

Kameo runs as one of the best games I've played, PD0 is a damn fine multiplayer game to get you rolling on Live...and it's one hell of a visual treat.

If you have the money, some of the best damn games I've played are Ghost Recon:AW, Condemned, and prey is also a great 360 game. It has quite a few features of the high end PC visual.

As for how do I feel towards it...I have left gaming for the most part over the past few months. These games got me back into it. Kameo specifically is one of the best I've ever played. It's not quite as good as say Zelda Ocarina of time overall, but it's up there with it.

You must not miss it, and for $30 you're robbing MS blind. Visually I haven't seen anything in the PC front that compares either.

Great titles, and once you get into the media features of it you're also going to have fun with it.

Marketplace has tons of neat videos and trailers to explore, plus some of the bundled stuff is really neat to watch in hi-def. They have a behind the scenes titanic feature in 1080 that looks really cool.

Also, the dashboard and how it all functions is way cool. In the middle of anything you can get to your friends, your themes, downloads, and music shared via network.

360's a no brainer, you just go get one, that is if you care about gaming at all. Even a teency weency bit, you just go get one, there should be no decision-making process left once you look at what you are getting.

|MaguS|
09-17-06, 11:05 AM
Kameo, Burnout and GRAW are my recommendations.

Peoples-Agent
09-17-06, 11:16 AM
Dead Rising is good fun, if not slightly unusual for the way it plays out with this strange 72 hr timed thing.

I tend to spend most of my time playing Fight Night 3 (cracking game) and Saints Row lately.

Looking forward to Rainbow Six Vegas, new Splinter Cell, Pro Evo 6, Godfather 360 and Gears of War.

More and more titles seem to be coming out every other week, has a phenomenal release rate lately. Not forgetting COD3 soon too.

Blackcat
09-17-06, 11:24 AM
If you like sports games NHL 07 is excellent. Very good graphics, a friend thought I was watching a live hockey game until he saw me with my controller. Gameplay is good too, even though I never played hockey it seems right to me. IMO best sports game out for the 360 and I have tried them all.

saturnotaku
09-17-06, 11:24 AM
Burnout, Prey, and Project Gotham Racing 3 are exceptional titles. Dead or Alive 4 impresses for its..."visuals" :naughty: . A lot of the arcade titles are fun, too. Cloning Clyde and Marble Blast Ultra are terrific time wasters. :D

Peoples-Agent
09-17-06, 11:29 AM
Games out now I recommend are GRAW, Burnout Revenge, Dead Rising, Saints Row and Fight Night 3. Not played Kameo yet but everyone raves about it.

Between now and March next year you got the likes of ....
Rainbow Six Vegas, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Resident Evil 5, Stranglehold, Medal of Honor:Airborne, Alan Wake, Brothers in Arms 3, Call of Duty 3, Splinter Cell 4, Forza Motorsport 2, Need for Speed Carbon, Assasin's Creed and tons more. Even a remake of the classic Golden Axe is coming

Absolutely stunning games line up!!

Really is a no brainer, this console is cracking fun and the whole XB Marketplace thing and contacts list and interaction with other folks is what makes it awesome.

If you have a HDTV or not .. hook it upto your monitor. Can't emphasize enough what a HUGE difference it makes gaming in 720p or 1080i over SDTV. Leaps and bounds beyond IMO.

Mr_LoL
09-17-06, 12:56 PM
I am still waiting for the 360 killer ap. Gears of war maybe and halo 3.

Mathesar
09-17-06, 01:05 PM
Kameo was my first 360 game (came with it) and still one of the most visually impressive games I've seen on my hdtv (and happens to be a pretty good game as well), I also enjoyed Dead Rising , Condemned , Oblivion , Burnout , Saints Row , PGR3 and currently playing Test Drive Unlimited, I only bought Test Drive because it was $39 but it actually turned out better than I expected :thumbsup:

PeterJensen
09-17-06, 01:25 PM
I agree. I also got Kameo with my x360. The first 30mins of the game just looked at the floor and the walls, amazing details :)

jAkUp
09-17-06, 01:25 PM
I like Fight Night and Burnout on the 360 :D

Tyr-Sog
09-17-06, 01:27 PM
Wow guys, thanks for the replies. Yea, I'm actually just getting sick of sitting at the pc playing games. It's just so lonely and such a compact area lol. I think I'm gonna go out and get it, the $400 package with the HDD, wireless remote, etc.

Ok, for my next question. I have a Sony 42" HD rear projection. Now would I be better off playing on that rear projection or say a non-hd 25" Sony flat screen.

Connaught
09-17-06, 01:33 PM
The 42" inch-er....If you want to take full advantage of the 360 and the graphic wow power...HD is a must.

Here is my 2cents: GRAW, Kameo, Saints Row, Fight Night, Nighty Nine Nights (play full game...don' give up)

oldsk00l
09-17-06, 02:21 PM
Wow guys, thanks for the replies. Yea, I'm actually just getting sick of sitting at the pc playing games. It's just so lonely and such a compact area lol. I think I'm gonna go out and get it, the $400 package with the HDD, wireless remote, etc.

Ok, for my next question. I have a Sony 42" HD rear projection. Now would I be better off playing on that rear projection or say a non-hd 25" Sony flat screen.

42"

Try it on both, but I bet you'll leave it hooked to the 42" for the remainder of its days :D

Tyr-Sog
09-17-06, 02:58 PM
Got it!:D

Picked up Kameo, GRAW and Test Drive for now. :D

Tyr-Sog
09-17-06, 03:27 PM
edit, delete...

I'm irate, I feel it deserves its own thread

Tyr-Sog
09-17-06, 05:58 PM
Um, how loud is this thing suspose to be?:(

Xion X2
09-17-06, 08:40 PM
I'm really not trying to be ugly with this, but I don't know how anyone in their right mind could think that Perfect Dark is a good looking game. That is one of the most simplistic, aliased, muddiest, crappiest looking and worst running games I've ever seen and to top it all off the screen tears CONSTANTLY.

If you want a visually impressive game on the 360, go with Kameo, Ghost Recon, Top Spin 2, or Test Drive. Dead Rising is kind of meh. The characters look really good but the lighting is nonexistant, making everything look kind of washed out and bland.

Tyr-Sog
09-17-06, 09:21 PM
Well I got Kameo, GRAW and Test Drive. .

I hooked everything up and actually put it on the 25" wega for now. Actually looks good. The 42" is the main TV so instead of hogging it I'll just settle for the wega for now.. I think I'm actually gonna save for that 32" Samsung LCD(forget model but the kick ass one) for the 360 exclusively . Then migrate the Onkyo and Infinity surrounds to this setup :D

So anyways, got it hooked up like i was saying and my soon to be wife wanted to try out Kameo. She played for like 90 minutes lol.. All I have to say is wow, why did I wait so long!

Namrok
09-17-06, 10:00 PM
Condemned is a great game I haven't seen anyone mention, though I may have missed it. It's pretty cheap now, I got my copy for $20 off ebay.

Peoples-Agent
09-18-06, 12:54 AM
Condemned is a great game I haven't seen anyone mention, though I may have missed it. It's pretty cheap now, I got my copy for $20 off ebay.

Same here, 18 or something.
Really puts the 5.1 Dolby Digital to work.

Peoples-Agent
09-18-06, 12:56 AM
Well I got Kameo, GRAW and Test Drive. .

I hooked everything up and actually put it on the 25" wega for now. Actually looks good. The 42" is the main TV so instead of hogging it I'll just settle for the wega for now.. I think I'm actually gonna save for that 32" Samsung LCD(forget model but the kick ass one) for the 360 exclusively . Then migrate the Onkyo and Infinity surrounds to this setup :D

So anyways, got it hooked up like i was saying and my soon to be wife wanted to try out Kameo. She played for like 90 minutes lol.. All I have to say is wow, why did I wait so long!

Does seem quite loud at first, but once the game starts you don't even notice it. LOL

I waited up until about or month or so ago and already picked up about 7 odd games for it and got like 4 on pre-order. It's been such a drab year for PC gaming IMO, this will keep me busy until I can be bothered to splash silly money on Vista/Upgrades etc

crainger
09-18-06, 01:06 AM
Um, how loud is this thing suspose to be?:(

Yeah it is quite loud. Though I found the power brick fan is louder, so make sure it is behind something with a good source of cool air. I have mine on the ground behind the entertainment unit. While the 360 it's self is up beside the TV on it's side.

Tyr-Sog
09-18-06, 06:50 AM
I waited up until about or month or so ago and already picked up about 7 odd games for it and got like 4 on pre-order. It's been such a drab year for PC gaming IMO, this will keep me busy until I can be bothered to splash silly money on Vista/Upgrades etc

Exactly the same thing I was thinking. I was gonna fork down some cash for a new pc system also but after sitting back and looking at the big picture, why. Like you said, the pc market has been next to nothing as far as games and looks like thats gonna be the trend for a few more months. Then do I wanna spend the loot on a system with dx10 and vista arounf the corner. For me I'd just rather wait.

Besides, look what you get for just the cost of a video card. This badass system. I can relax on the couch and play. Invite the buddies over and play, etc.

Anyways, I wanted to thankyou guys again for all your input.

Tyr-Sog
09-18-06, 06:51 AM
BTW, my Tag is.....

Soso 76

We should get those live tags like they got over at R3D that go in your sig, kinda neat.

Here's an example, the first poster has one.
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33867582