PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop Purchase(XB360)

Pages : [1] 2

Tyr-Sog
09-17-06, 04:55 PM
This ties in with my orginal thread but thought it deserved it's own thread considering it is off topic and think that it's a topic of its own.

So after giving the 360 some though I decided to go up to my local Gamestop and purchase one. Also with the purchase I picked up 3 games(Kameo, Graw, Test Drive), wireless controller, rechargable batteries and an extended warrenty(usually never buy these but with the 360, dont think it would hurt).

Anyways he goes back and grabs the 360(box was magled and had him grab a new one), then he grabs Kameo. Next the batteries which he tries to sell me used one. I politely tell him, "no thanks, I don't buy used, bad expereinces". He asked again are you sure and I reassure him no. Then he grabs Test drive and I have him ring up the total and pay debit.

After paying for that I still wanted to buy Graw but wanted to pay cash. So I ask for that and I noticed he went and grabbed a used case off the wall and proceded to get the copy in the cabenet. Again I ask him if that was used and he said yes. I said agian I dont want used and was really started to get annoyed. But I'm here, I typically expect horrible service nowadays where ever I go and just shrug it off.

So, I get home, set the bags with the 360 stuff in my living room. Eat lunch, do some other stuff before getting involved inthe hook up. So I finish, take everything out of the bags and whats there, I F'ing used copy of Kameo.

First off that was the second thing he grabbed, he didnt even ask my if I wanted it used. Second after telling him 4 times after I didnt want to buy used stuff he should have pulled that.

I'm absolutly pissed and will never buy from this store again. Also this $700 purchase is going back. I also called the 800 # to file a complaint and they cared as about as much as the kid cared selling me it. He said He's file the complaint and I asked him, "well dont you want to know what store it is?", "Oh yea".

Anyways, just thought I'd share.

jAkUp
09-17-06, 05:01 PM
Why don't you just replace Kameo? Maybe he grabbed the wrong one...

Mudcrutch
09-17-06, 05:04 PM
I say good for you. I get pissed at crap like that.

The only thing I probably would have done differently is looked over everything before you left. Maybe would have saved yourself some frustration.

Tyr-Sog
09-17-06, 05:06 PM
Why don't you just replace Kameo? Maybe he grabbed the wrong one...

He knew which one he was grabbing. He tried grabbing a used copy of graw also which I caught him on after I just gtot telling him I wanted nothing used after he tried selling me used rechargable batteries.

Tyr-Sog
09-17-06, 05:07 PM

The only thing I probably would have done differently is looked over everything before you left. Maybe would have saved yourself some frustration.

Yea, I know. A mistake on my part but when you get all giddy, you know how it goes.

jAkUp
09-17-06, 05:11 PM
What I especially hate is when these stores try to get you to buy all this stuff, and magazines and stuff, that really pisses me off.

Like this one movie store, the lady always trys to get you to subscribe to magazines and stuff, those "free" subscriptions. I hate that.

S.I.N
09-17-06, 06:44 PM
I dont think you can really blame them. I mean he is doing all this right infront of you and its not like he was using slight of hand. Just say I want everything brand new period. Also I read a GRAW bundle is coming out which I may get. I say return it like you said and wait for the holiday deals.

Tyr-Sog
09-17-06, 06:57 PM
I dont think you can really blame them. I mean he is doing all this right infront of you and its not like he was using slight of hand. Just say I want everything brand new period. Also I read a GRAW bundle is coming out which I may get. I say return it like you said and wait for the holiday deals.

I did say I want everything new, 4 times.

I specifically said, "I don't buy used stuff, bad expereinces", "Is that used? I only buy new", etc, etc..

Besides, not even bothering in asking you if you want to buy used stuff over new is BS.

Mathesar
09-17-06, 06:59 PM
When it comes to games as long as the disc isnt scratched ill buy it used if its available , Cheaper.

Tyr-Sog
09-17-06, 07:04 PM
When it comes to games as long as the disc isnt scratched ill buy it used if its available , Cheaper.

In all honesty, that's not the point.

ynnek
09-17-06, 07:08 PM
Actually, I think gamestop puts all most of the cd/dvd's of the games in their cabinet now, for all the ones on the normal shelves.. Its kinda sketchy for PC games, because you can open the box and thumb thru the manual.. and sometimes you are not exactly sure if there is some cd key that could have been swiped from the box while it was sitting on the shelf.. If your not in a rush, I'd advise you to carefully look over all the cd's before you pay, and double check you have all of them.

They are going downhill. There's almost no reason for me to shop there anymore.. Stores like Target usually have the same Console games for the same price.. Ironically, Target usually now has a better selection of PC games!

Tyr-Sog
09-17-06, 07:25 PM
Actually, I think gamestop puts all most of the cd/dvd's of the games in their cabinet now, for all the ones on the normal shelves.. Its kinda sketchy for PC games, because you can open the box and thumb thru the manual.. and sometimes you are not exactly sure if there is some cd key that could have been swiped from the box while it was sitting on the shelf.. If your not in a rush, I'd advise you to carefully look over all the cd's before you pay, and double check you have all of them.

They are going downhill. There's almost no reason for me to shop there anymore.. Stores like Target usually have the same Console games for the same price.. Ironically, Target usually now has a better selection of PC games!

Actually now that you bring that up I did have a problem with what you mention one time awhile back. I bought a new pc game from them and the samething. It was opened and they kept it in the drawer for it wouldn't get stolen or something. So anyways whatever, I buy it. Well a few days later I decided I didn't want the game(honestly never installed it). Low and behold different people working and I get refused to return it becasue the game was open and has a key code. I ended up running up one side of this poor kid down the other and finally got my money back. But anyways, yea, never again will i shop there.

Zelda_fan
09-18-06, 12:01 AM
Yeah the people who work at stores like that for the most part are pretty worthless. But then again for $7 an hour, you really don't get much.

Apollo 13
09-18-06, 03:30 AM
You bought $700 worth of stuff and your going to return everything just because you got a used copy of Kameo? Did you even want the system in the first place?

Mr. Hunt
09-18-06, 03:37 AM
Complaints will do nothing... the company basically WANTS the person to try to slip in used copies as much as they can, when they can... more profits for Gamestop rather than the actual devs/pubs getting some money.

BioHazZarD
09-18-06, 05:06 AM
Thats lame you dont spend 700 $and you want used copies of the games that BS, return all and buy the stuff somewhere else. used copies i can buy on ebay cheaper tell em that.

saturnotaku
09-18-06, 07:01 AM
You bought $700 worth of stuff and your going to return everything just because you got a used copy of Kameo? Did you even want the system in the first place?

Apparently the concept of principle is lost on you.

Businesses have to work to earn our money, and it's often all or nothing. He did not receive what he wanted, despite telling them explicitly. Therefore, they did not earn the right to his business (money).

Tyr-Sog
09-18-06, 07:45 AM

Do you understand the larger picture here? I assume not. Reread what happened a few times and try to figure it out. If you still have trouble figuring it out, give me your address and I'll send you a life time supply of KY gelly. You're gonna need it.(ack)

nekrosoft13
09-18-06, 07:57 AM
why do people even still shop in gamestop/eb?

i had bad experience with them so many times.

quite often, i pre-ordered a game 2-3 months in advance, after release date, while other stores (best buy, fry's) had it on the shelve for 2-3 days, i still would have to wait for eb to get them in stock.

now i shop at fry, best buy and gogamer.com

ENU291
09-18-06, 08:44 AM
Usually the profits on a new game are much lower than the profits on a used game. EB/Gamestop pretty much make most of their money by selling used games and accessories. As per the salesman trying to FORCE you to buy used copies of 360 games, that seems rediculous. I personally don't have a problem buying used games if I see no scratches and the store guarantees that the game will work but some people (like Tyr-Sog) don't want to be bothered with used "anything" and who can blame him? I for one would march back in there and demand a full refund. Most likely the manager will pop out of nowhere and try to cool you off by maybe throwing you some freebees.

saturnotaku
09-18-06, 09:00 AM
It's strange, but even though they're now one and the same, my personal shopping experiences between EB and Gamestop has been vastly different. EB has always been superior, with employees who actually know something about games and halfway decent customer service. Gamestop - the complete opposite.

But when you return your system, look for a replacement from an independent store, provided there's one in your area.

Mathesar
09-18-06, 07:03 PM
Its all about the employee's who are running the store , to be honest Ive never had any problems with the Gamestop in our area (fresno, ca.) and ive been there many times, Last time I was in there I asked for the 360 VGA cable because I didnt see any on the shelves and the manager went to the back and found one for me.

Slybri
09-20-06, 02:15 AM
I really try not to buy from Gamestop unless I absolutely have to. The whole "pre-order" thing drives me nuts. Everything I've ever pre-ordered from them I've always been able to find at Bestbuy, in quantity, and usually a day earlier.

Sometimes I'll stop and look at the used games, but I don't think I've ever found anything worth buying used at the prices they charge. Maybe if I went in there regualarly I'd get lucky once in a while, but it's not worth it. The magazine pimping and the pre-order pushing and the used copy scam...it's just not worth it.

crainger
09-20-06, 02:30 AM
Its all about the employee's who are running the store , to be honest Ive never had any problems with the Gamestop in our area (fresno, ca.) and ive been there many times, Last time I was in there I asked for the 360 VGA cable because I didnt see any on the shelves and the manager went to the back and found one for me.

QFT

The local EB here is great. When I first though about getting my 360 I walked in an said. "Is it worth getting a 360 now? With the PS3 and wii release on the horizon will there be a price drop?" He said that while there isn't an official notice of a price drop coming he would be surprised if they didn't drop the price or throw together a bundle. Anyway he asked if I was a PC gamer and then asked the specs of my PC. He then told me that most decent 360 releases are available on PC too and would play fine on my PC.

So anyway I ended up with a free 360 through work asking me to hunt down my own data plan for my mobile phone. The deal was for a free iPod or 360 with this plan. So I got back into EB and tell him what happened and he organised a copy of DOA4 50% off as the shop down the road had it for 15% off. I hate shopping, but that was the best shopping trip ever :)

ENU291
09-20-06, 08:39 AM
QFT

The local EB here is great. When I first though about getting my 360 I walked in an said. "Is it worth getting a 360 now? With the PS3 and wii release on the horizon will there be a price drop?" He said that while there isn't an official notice of a price drop coming he would be surprised if they didn't drop the price or throw together a bundle. Anyway he asked if I was a PC gamer and then asked the specs of my PC. He then told me that most decent 360 releases are available on PC too and would play fine on my PC.

So anyway I ended up with a free 360 through work asking me to hunt down my own data plan for my mobile phone. The deal was for a free iPod or 360 with this plan. So I got back into EB and tell him what happened and he organised a copy of DOA4 50% off as the shop down the road had it for 15% off. I hate shopping, but that was the best shopping trip ever :)Sounds like a great experience... good for you. I also have no problems with my local EB or Gamestop. I usually get exactly what I ask for. The only thing they try to push is extended warranties or replacement plans. Extending the warranty on a console is one thing but buying replacement plans for games seems like a total ripoff.