PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G25 Wheel Coming Soon!!

MaXThReAT
09-18-06, 01:25 PM
This wheel is going to be awesome. It's going to be available beginning in October. I already found it for sale on one site. It looks like they will allow you to order it now, Est. Shipping in 2 weeks-On Order.
I would guess we could see them in stores the beginning of October, about two weeks or so.
http://www.pcconnection.com/B2C/Shop/Checkout/ShoppingCart?cstate=3
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/1797/0605logitech1zq3.jpg

The six speed shifter can also be used in sequential mode like the old MOMO wheel or as a standard six speed. I'm really looking forward to the 900 degree steering and 11inch wheel. I already use a six speed shifter I just hope this one is as nice as ACT lab's. I admit I've gone through 4 Momo wheels in the past 3 years due the crappy gas pedal going out. I hope they used better materials. I'll be getting a 3-year in store warranty on it for sure, just in case.

Just look at the size of that thing it's HUGE.
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8716/0605logitech3aw1.jpg

Stainless steel paddle shifters and pedals, soft leather grip surfaces, and brushed metal wheel spoke accents.
11-inch wheel.
Gas, Break and Clutch pedals.
14 programmable buttons.
Dual-motor force feedback.
900-degree steering
Six-speed gated shifter. <---OOooo yeah!!!!

It's suggested retail price in the U.S. is $299.99. PC connection shows it for $271.08 Mfr. Part#: 963416-0403

nekrosoft13
09-18-06, 01:32 PM
haha, i will never pay them close to $300 for a wheel.

about that picture, thats a horrible set up, having the monitor so high.

MaXThReAT
09-18-06, 01:40 PM
haha, i will never pay them close to $300 for a wheel.

I'm addicticed to racing games and can't stop. I dropped $175 for the TrackIR for head tracking and another $100 for the Buttkicker for chair feedback and $300 for the Z-5500 back when they were $300. Ehhh whats another $300?
As long as it's the killer wheel it looks like, I'm willing to pay $300.00 It probabaly will not drop in cost until next year some time and I know I can't wait that long TDU is out next month. :)

jAkUp
09-18-06, 01:43 PM
Oh wow that is awesome! Is it force feedback?

MaXThReAT
09-18-06, 01:55 PM
Oh wow that is awesome! Is it force feedback?

Dual-motor force feedback. Most current wheels only have a single motor. This thing should almost pull out of your hands, not really but you get the point. LOL it's bigger around than the 10" woofer behind it.

nekrosoft13
09-18-06, 02:01 PM
my first wheel was MS sidewinder FF wheel, i tried to use it for a while, didn't work out well. ($170)

second wheel was MOMO, was better, but i managed to break it rather quikcly, i think i payed $120 for it.

after that i tried Logitech Driving force pro, PS2 wheel, that also works on PC. but it was really poor quality, returned it few days later.

MustangSVT
09-18-06, 02:21 PM
Already pre-ordered my G25 at a canadian site (im from canada). Can't wait till it gets here. I still have a 4-year old Thrustmaster Ferrari FFB and a 1-year old Logitech DFP. I play a lot of LFS S2 and GT Legends and soon GTR2, so $300 for such a good wheel is a pretty good deal.

MaXThReAT
09-18-06, 03:15 PM
Already pre-ordered my G25 at a canadian site (im from canada). Can't wait till it gets here. I still have a 4-year old Thrustmaster Ferrari FFB and a 1-year old Logitech DFP. I play a lot of LFS S2 and GT Legends and soon GTR2, so $300 for such a good wheel is a pretty good deal.

I had that Ferrari wheel at one point also, good wheel. I'll fursur be using this with GTL, LFS, rFactor, NFSPU, FlatOut2, GTR and soon GTR2 and Test Drive Unlimited.
I would have liked to see a price tag at $199 but I'm willing to pay $300 and they prolly know that. I hope that leather wheel doesn't wear out. I'll probably make a custom stitched wrap for it like my real car's wheel, we'll see it looks like only the top and bottom are leather, the sides look like that grip rubber.

Few more pics W/pedals. Looks like an all new piston system for the pedals:
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6427/all019a028bj0.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4623/logitechg25rj6.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3513/g25logitechhu2.jpg

spoop
09-18-06, 05:20 PM
Should be awesome in LFS, but I already have a DFP, which also has 900 degree steering.

MaXThReAT
09-18-06, 07:06 PM
Should be awesome in LFS, but I already have a DFP, which also has 900 degree steering.

But that's only for the PS2 isn't it? I never liked the way the ACT wheel looked. I had the Microsoft FFW for a while until it died and they stopped making it. In fact I went from a warranty on a MFFW through to the 3-4 Logitech’s on one purchase of the MFFW and a few warranties. Anyway this has to be the best wheel since the MFF or MOMO wheel.

spoop
09-18-06, 07:35 PM
But that's only for the PS2 isn't it? I never liked the way the ACT wheel looked. I had the Microsoft FFW for a while until it died and they stopped making it. In fact I went from a warranty on a MFFW through to the 3-4 Logitech’s on one purchase of the MFFW and a few warranties. Anyway this has to be the best wheel since the MFF or MOMO wheel.

Well it was designed for PS2, but has no problems with the pc.

Bman212121
09-18-06, 07:43 PM
As long as the G25 can also be plugged into a PS3, I'd definetely consider buying it. I want to be able to use a kick ass setup like that with the PS3, as well as my pc.

nekrosoft13
09-18-06, 08:01 PM
Well it was designed for PS2, but has no problems with the pc.

it had a problem on my PC, kept acting weird

plus it looked very cheap.

CaptNKILL
09-18-06, 09:21 PM
Wow thats a sweet looking wheel :)

I hate that setup though... it bugs me just looking at it. Everything is placed all wrong on that desk :D

I have a question for anyone with a force feedback wheel. When you turn it, does it have that sort of motor sound\feel to it? Like when you move it real fast, does it make a loud noise like youre forcing the motor to turn? My brother's thrustmaster force feedback wheel does that and its really irritating. I have his old Thrustmaster NASCAR Pro Racing Wheel and I like it a lot better. It doesnt have force feedback, so it doesnt make any noise and it turns much smoother. I just saw a video recently of someone playing a racing game and their wheel made the same noise.

I'd like to try a good force feedback wheel some time, but if they all make that noise and feel "motorized" I think I'll pass.

BTW, anyone get GTR2 yet? We're probably going to pick it up this week. :)

crainger
09-18-06, 10:07 PM
Wow. Thats awesome. My MOMO recently started acting up, so the G25 has arrived at just the right time.

MaXThReAT
09-19-06, 11:37 AM
Wow thats a sweet looking wheel :)

I hate that setup though... it bugs me just looking at it. Everything is placed all wrong on that desk :D

I have a question for anyone with a force feedback wheel. When you turn it, does it have that sort of motor sound\feel to it? Like when you move it real fast, does it make a loud noise like youre forcing the motor to turn? My brother's thrustmaster force feedback wheel does that and its really irritating. I have his old Thrustmaster NASCAR Pro Racing Wheel and I like it a lot better. It doesnt have force feedback, so it doesnt make any noise and it turns much smoother. I just saw a video recently of someone playing a racing game and their wheel made the same noise.

I'd like to try a good force feedback wheel some time, but if they all make that noise and feel "motorized" I think I'll pass.

BTW, anyone get GTR2 yet? We're probably going to pick it up this week. :)

Yeah so far all of my force feedback wheels make that motorized noise but only when your forcing it back to the center. It doesn't make any noise when it's pulling the wheel around only when you force it really quick. It's annoying for sure but I could never ever go back to a non-FF wheel. I don't even notice it or think about it when I'm playing. For games like GTL, GTR, LFS and rfactor I think it's a must. You can feel the traction and it really helps push the cars to the limit. I'll be picking up GTR2 this weekend, fursur. I think it's shipping 9/22.