PDA

View Full Version : please help quick Q!

str8NoobYO
09-18-06, 09:33 PM
i just bought a 7600gs and everything is running but it keeps saying its running lower due to not enough significant power? how do i fix this? i have a 350w psu and it only requires a 300? HELP ME PLEASE THE NAME EXPLAINS IT ALL!

|MaguS|
09-18-06, 09:38 PM
Get a better PSU, it requires 300w but thats not taking into account what your other components are eating up.

SH64
09-18-06, 10:16 PM
Yeah .. a better "well-known" brand PSU is what you need.

ViN86
09-19-06, 12:45 AM
power supplies are going down in price. you need to get a beefier one. also, get a good name brand power supply. it pays off in the long run. no-name power supplies arent usually up the specs they say they are and usually die prematurely. (thats what she said :naughty: sorry...)

str8NoobYO
09-19-06, 01:47 AM
ok got a new PSU and its all good now... thanks all....

now... no video is showing up in windows media player? anyone got a tip?

SH64
09-19-06, 02:37 AM
Try searching the drivers forum .. could be a driver issue.

nekrosoft13
09-19-06, 07:32 AM
ok got a new PSU and its all good now... thanks all....

what type of video, little more info could help

str8NoobYO
09-19-06, 09:51 PM
just anything in windows media player... it'll play sound just not video.

crainger
09-19-06, 10:15 PM
Sounds like you need to grab the correct codecs.

Is it a divx vid? If someone has a link to the k-lite pack it's pretty good. It should have all the codecs you will ever need.

I googled up this link. Hope it is legit. http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

Krazykilla
09-19-06, 10:29 PM
To solve this issue with your video not showing first you should reinstall your motherboard chipset drivers. These are very important especially with the interaction of an AGP card. If you still have problems then head over to www.nvidia.com and in their driver archive switch to the 84.21 driver. Also in regards to your power issue, try using a different power connector to the back of the video card and make sure its not jumpered off of another device.

Keeping it real with my man Chuck Norris

nekrosoft13
09-19-06, 10:55 PM
in the worst case, he could have screwed up directdraw of active movie components. thats a bit harder to fix