PDA

View Full Version : Blue Dragon Gameplay Vids

Marvel_us
09-20-06, 10:10 AM
Thought I'd give you guys a heads up before I head out to class.

Check it out.

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3483_en.html

|MaguS|
09-20-06, 10:33 AM
Wish it was more Chrono Trigger and less Dragon Ball... Looks good though, whens the playable demo releasing, hehe.

ENU291
09-20-06, 11:18 AM
I suggest you guys download the 122MB video. The game looks tight! It has a touch of that Final Fantasy magic. I really like the way it's coming together. This game might be good enough to melt the hearts of Japanese gamers.

LiquidX
09-20-06, 05:20 PM
The art reminds me alot of Chrono Trigger and thats a great think even if it doesnt play anything like it.

shungokusatsu
09-21-06, 01:00 AM
It's very similar, the man who did the illustration for CT and DBZ, is doing Blue Dragon.

crainger
09-21-06, 01:14 AM
Dammit I missed them. MS has ordered the vids to be taken down :(

msxyz
09-21-06, 02:57 AM
The art reminds me alot of Chrono Trigger and thats a great think even if it doesnt play anything like it.Well, Akira Toriyama is the art Director, so no surprise.

He's widely known for Dragon Ball and Dr Slump comics but he also worked (and works) with Square for the art direction of games like Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest.

msxyz
09-22-06, 07:09 AM
Today, at TGS, there was a two hours waiting queue outside Mistwalker stand to try Blue Dragon. Apparently, the version shown is some beta of the final game, not a demo.

A few journalists are now convinced that the japanese bundle Xbox+Blue Dragon (sold at 250$) will fly off the shelves this xmas.

Bad news for the demo of Mistwalker other anticipated title: Lost Odyssey. It will be a Famitsu exclusive

Namrok
09-22-06, 07:13 AM
A few journalists are now convinced that the japanese bundle Xbox+Blue Dragon (sold at 250$) will fly off the shelves this xmas.

Thats good news. I don't know why, but I'd really like to see the 360 do well in Japan. Maybe it's a bit of national pride :p

msxyz
09-22-06, 10:40 AM
Thats good news. I don't know why, but I'd really like to see the 360 do well in Japan. Maybe it's a bit of national pride :pHeh, they've tried so hard that they deserve some results. Short of throwing away truckloads of 360s in the middle of Shinjuku streets they've done everything to try to suceed in Japan :D.

ENU291
09-22-06, 01:15 PM
I know of no American branded product that has done well in Japan. National pride is to strong there... to bad the same can't be said about the US.

msxyz
09-22-06, 02:05 PM
iPods :p

Junk food is very popular in Japan and McDonalds are everywhere. Despite being renowned for their car industry, european cars (german in particular) are highly regarded as well. Italian clothes. These are only a few examples of foreign products doing well in Japan.

Japanese might be proud and loyal to their culture but they usually welcome enthusiastically foreign products that catch on their imagination.

ENU291
09-22-06, 03:38 PM
iPods :p

Junk food is very popular in Japan and McDonalds are everywhere. Despite being renowned for their car industry, european cars (german in particular) are highly regarded as well. Italian clothes. These are only a few examples of foreign products doing well in Japan.

Japanese might be proud and loyal to their culture but they usually welcome enthusiastically foreign products that catch on their imagination.
The only American company you mentioned is McDonalds... and based on the eatting habits of Japanese people I doubt its THAT popular. I bet tourist eat there more often then regular Japanese people. On the flip side most Americans have dozens of Japanese made products in their homes this very minute.

OWA
09-22-06, 03:38 PM
Dammit I missed them. MS has ordered the vids to be taken down :(
Same here. :(

msxyz
09-22-06, 06:27 PM
No, I mentioned iPods, so Apple as well :) Despite Sony launched a similar product with an online music store, Japanese people cleearly prefer the iPod.

The fact that many americans (and europeans, too) purchase japanese products is more related to the faults of their homeland industries than anything else.

msxyz
11-05-06, 06:46 AM
New funny video at Xboxyde. Although I don't like the art direction, this videogame is really an excellent example of implementing clay/toon style graphics in realtime.

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3766_en.html