PDA

View Full Version : Lost Odyssey shaky cam video

msxyz
09-20-06, 11:27 AM
Even if the quality is low, I'm speechless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9tMOMRboWs

The video is taken from the demo, due to be released on Live! sometime the next october. It starts with a CGI pre-rendered cutscene which blends seamlessy into action (turn based RPG, that is) all courtesy to the Unreal 3 engine.

The site Xboxyde will post a higher quality version later today or tomorrow.

Marvel_us
09-20-06, 04:00 PM
If the end of that vid is realtime then this game looks amazing!

I gotta keep my eye on this one.

russ_3d
09-20-06, 04:35 PM
i really dont like the way when its realtime the framerate goes meh :(

i really get affected by that

LiquidX
09-20-06, 05:14 PM
Looks great but kind of lifeless.

i really dont like the way when its realtime the framerate goes meh :(

i really get affected by that

You really can tell the framerate from that video?

russ_3d
09-20-06, 06:30 PM
it does seem to go jerky when he 1st swings his sword. i instantly thought, oh we are in realtime now.

but yes, you do have a point.

msxyz
09-21-06, 02:46 AM
This game is still 6+ months away. Anyway, a demo should be released on Live! by the end of october. We will be able to judge by ourselves.

Mr. Hunt
09-21-06, 02:51 AM
The cutscene looked kind of cool (except I HATE the armor designs... the helmets are the crappiest thing ever), but then when it got to gameplay I was disappointed... but I will definitely try the demo when it gets released.

msxyz
09-21-06, 03:47 AM
Famitsu : Looks like its battle system is almost done as well.

Sakaguchi : No, this is pretty basic one. In this Demo version, we didn't implement two of key features,character's "growing" and "controlable".

Seeing the good work they've done with Blue ragon combat system, I think they've in store some surprises as well. And about the slowdowns:

Apparently Sagakuchi is waiting for Epic to send software libraries of UE3 for Lost Odyssey and the game in its current form including the demo is only running on one core as a result. This is also the reason that most of the physics has not been implemented in the game. According to him the situation is similiar to 10Tacle studios who are developing Elveon as they are also running on just one core on the 360 and waiting for UE3 libraries so they can shift it to the other 2 cores and run physics."