PDA

View Full Version : setting manual GPU timings as default?

mach1.9pants
09-20-06, 03:58 PM
Hi
I have pushed my 7900GT as far as it will go and have the settings for memory and core clock. I set these using the manual adjust gpu settings in the nvidia control panel. However as soon as i reboot it is reset to stock. How do i make these settings the default settings so every time i boot up i don't have to reset them?
Cheers

ATOJAR
09-20-06, 04:31 PM
Did you make sure the box in the below pic is ticked(circled red)? if not then tick that box then click apply, if that dont work you could always try using RivaTuner!..... unless somebody knows something i am missing?

mach1.9pants
09-20-06, 11:42 PM
Did you make sure the box in the below pic is ticked(circled red)? if not then tick that box then click apply, if that dont work you could always try using RivaTuner!..... unless somebody knows something i am missing?
Sorry my control panel looks nothing like that! It looks like the normal XP panel, where did you find that little piece? I'll have a look.....

rewt
09-20-06, 11:55 PM
where did you find that little piece? I'll have a look.....

It's the classic control panel, which you can switch over to.

Also, make sure NVIDIA Display Driver Service is set to Automatic or clocks will not get applied at startup.

ATOJAR
09-21-06, 12:45 AM
also you need run this reg key because the clock frequency tab wont show up otherwise >click me (http://download.softpedia.ro/software/TWEACK/geforce_overclock.zip)<

ATOJAR
09-21-06, 12:56 AM
Start up nvidia control panel then switch to use the classic nvidia control panel(see picture)then a box will pop up, kick ok, now close everything down...

right click on your desktop .. go to, properties > settings > advanced > then your geforce tab, if you install the reg key in the above post you will have the clock frequency settings link on the left like in my first post!

mach1.9pants
09-21-06, 03:45 AM
It is there! Thanks guys, nothing like an 'intuitive' design to sort the OC newbs from the Learned Ones!:D

ATOJAR
09-21-06, 05:20 AM
I dont overclock anything m8, dont see the point, glad to help though! :)

I have pushed my 7900GT as far as it will go

When you say this you mean you pushed the sliders as far up as they will go? if so this will not work, the card cant handle speeds thats high!

mach1.9pants
09-21-06, 05:01 PM
"When you say this you mean you pushed the sliders as far up as they will go? if so this will not work, the card cant handle speeds thats high!":eek:
No! I mean I have tested the 7900GT to (off the top of my head I am at work!) 580/780 ish. They ran fine at that overnight on a stress test so it is good! 3dMark 06 increased by about 500 and Q4 from 38 to 48 FPS. Hopefully I can now crank up Oblivion a bit....
I enjoy OCing my 4600+ now running at 2.8Ghz (same as FX-62) for NZ$1200 less and the 7900GT out performing a stock GTX. Oh and my RAM is now at a lower latency and higher freq than the super expensive Corsair DDR2 800 C3 (3-4-3-9 I think), I am at 3-4-3-5 and 936Mhz, for 1/2 the price. Sorry to go on/brag ;) Thats the (my) point of OCing, saving money and better gaming!

crainger
09-21-06, 05:52 PM
Until it all goes up in a small thermo nuclear explosion...

ATOJAR
09-21-06, 08:13 PM
7900GT out performing a stock GTX.

Depends on the GTX! mine is stock at 675/850 ;)

mach1.9pants
09-21-06, 08:38 PM
Until it all goes up in a small thermo nuclear explosion...
C'mon, Ocker, where is your sense of adventure?;)