PDA

View Full Version : Fable!

sillyeagle
09-20-06, 07:44 PM
I just got this game and I really like it. Its a lot of fun. I like the fantasy style and the effects are tons of fun watch. Its got some of the coolest magic effects I've seen as well as the sword play movements. Much more exciting than oblvion if you ask me.

crainger
09-20-06, 07:59 PM
Story is easily better than Oblivions. But it feels kinda cramped. Best part is taking the title Ranger. My actual last name is Rainger. So when I walk past people say "It's me old pal Ranger". My gf was wondering why someone would make a game just for me :)

|MaguS|
09-20-06, 08:17 PM
It's a good game but the constant loading and restrictive enviroment was annoying, let us not get into the fact that you can be as evil as the game would let you and a simple donation to the good church would make you a saint...

SH64
09-20-06, 10:18 PM
Much more exciting than oblvion if you ask me.
Sorry but i find Oblivion 2x-3x more exciting than Fable.

anyway Fable is great .. i might replay the game for the evil side.

sillyeagle
09-20-06, 10:43 PM
Sorry but i find Oblivion 2x-3x more exciting than Fable.

anyway Fable is great .. i might replay the game for the evil side.

I just love taking on like 10 guys at once and watching them go flying while my blade is slashing around at blinding speeds. Plus its fun to be able to constantly challenge your self with the combat multiplier. The whole game is like a race for me, trying to get as powerful as I can as fast as I can. Oblvion was fun for the same reason but once my primary stats were maxed out and I had the best sword in the game while not even being half way through the main quest I lost interest. I'll probably lose interest in fable soon for the same reason. lol

Mr. Hunt
09-20-06, 10:52 PM
I liked fable... but man... even the "extended" Lost Chapters or whatever lasted me like 12 hours :(.

Becoming
09-20-06, 11:54 PM
If I just wanted to hack stuff apart I'd play Titan Quest.

crainger
09-21-06, 12:34 AM
If I just wanted to hack stuff apart I'd play Titan Quest.

Yeah but Fable is 50 billion times better and has a score by Danny Elfman.

Q
09-21-06, 12:37 AM
Reading this thread made me install the copy I've had sittiing around unused for over a year. I've gotten to the training missions at the beginning and thus far I am highly underwhelmed. Control seems a little off and after playing Oblivion so much the world just seems so limited. I wasn't expecting another Oblivion, but... I don't know... It just feel kinda blah.

crainger
09-21-06, 01:11 AM
Yeah... You probably should have played it before Oblivion. Go kick a few chickens. It'll make you feel better.

a12ctic
09-21-06, 07:32 AM
i remember playing it when it first came out for the xbox, it was fun, but way to short, and i did most of the side quests as well...

K007
09-21-06, 07:32 AM
I liked Fable..very straight forward / simple with a fun gameplay element..it kinda felt a bit like playing Zelda..I would have to say it was a bit more enjoyable than Oblivion..oblivion just..was a bit weak with its story and sometimes it was very easy to loose track of the main story and just drift off..i didn't like it that much..and i recently did replay Fable again because i really liked its story -.-.

This is for the PC verison btw.

nekrosoft13
09-21-06, 08:00 AM
I liked fable... but man... even the "extended" Lost Chapters or whatever lasted me like 12 hours :(.

thats still better then oblivion, i was done with oblivion main quest in about 6-8 hours.

after that i played on and off, little here little there, but there is no point

Banko
09-21-06, 08:18 AM
thats still better then oblivion, i was done with oblivion main quest in about 6-8 hours.

at least you finished the Oblivion main quest.. I did all the side quests but not the main quest because honestly the main quest didn't intrigue me at all.

I did finish Fable completely though.

Mr. Hunt
09-21-06, 08:19 AM

Except I was talking about the WHOLE game of Fable... I played about 70-80 hours on my first character in Oblivion and STILL didn't do everything :\.

nrs421
09-21-06, 08:49 AM
at least you finished the Oblivion main quest.. I did all the side quests but not the main quest because honestly the main quest didn't intrigue me at all.

I did finish Fable completely though.

same here....

Becoming
09-21-06, 09:23 AM
Yeah but Fable is 50 billion times better and has a score by Danny Elfman.

Good soundtrack or not, it didn't do a lot for me. It was way too short and limited (especially considering what everyone was led to believe it was before release). The story was there, but not that great. The areas to run around in weren't that big or at least didn't feel that huge to me. It was good, but I've never felt the urge to replay it. The whole thing was decent enough that I don't regret playing it, but the entire time I just wanted more than was actually there.

Takie
09-21-06, 10:09 AM
Oblivion is a huge game that is much more advanced than Fable. But Fable had soul, a great unique atmosphere, and some very funny and creative quests. I played Oblivion for a much longer time than Fable, but didn't enjoy it as much because Oblivion doesn't have the same 'magical world' as Fable, it's all a bit to sterile...

And btw, Fable had some amazing voice acting and indeed a very nice soundtrack.

nekrosoft13
09-21-06, 11:02 AM
oblivion is eye candy with no story and depth.

hopefully gothic III will be able to combine good story with good visuals

|MaguS|
09-21-06, 11:16 AM
What I like about oblivion is the little stories... the main quest is pretty lame... I have yet to even meet martin.

K007
09-21-06, 11:54 AM
With oblivion i finished main quest about 4-5 hours of gameplay...then didn't bother with it..its not exactly the best in terms of a story line..while fable has that zelda type gameplay which is what i like..

simple..straight forward quests..with a good story line and while keeping the character building simple..its alot more fun than oblivion while oblivion may have gfx..it lacks in the plot...and the gfx tend to get boring after awhile

|MaguS|
09-21-06, 12:05 PM
I like Oblivions adventure aspect and that it was more "open" then Fable, fable was very restrictive with its playstyle.

If you want a great Zelda like game, get Drakan 2 for the PS2 or Okami. Best alternative to Zelda (riding a dragon is far better then a horse!).

ArturNOW
09-21-06, 01:33 PM
Fable is nice game, but I would never compare it to any RPG. I wouldn't compare it to M&M Dark Messiah Either. Firtly it's so much simple then and real RPG. On the other hand I don't need to put any effort in fights like you have to in Dark Messiah. It's simply a simple game, very nice and easy. And it's very good also. It sucks you in if it's good expression. You want to play it more and more and then realize that's it's so confined and so few things you can do. You can't go whereever you what and so on.