PDA

View Full Version : 15min BioShock Video! (360)

Pages : [1] 2

Zelda_fan
09-20-06, 09:30 PM
Just released. Feast your eyes.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/793/793105/vids_1.html

|MaguS|
09-20-06, 09:37 PM
Ouch HD Version at 669MBs.

jAkUp
09-20-06, 09:46 PM
oh wow thanks!

karkrash81
09-20-06, 09:46 PM
I hate their insider program....i'll just have to wait to see this i guess...who wants to watch it at low res anyway....

slick
09-20-06, 09:58 PM
That looks like one hell of a psychological thriller.

First original shooter in a long long time imo.

oldsk00l
09-20-06, 10:34 PM
I hate insider too, they suxX0r balls.

But man...this game looks incredible. I always like the stuff that comes out of irrational. They have a very cool way of doing things.

toxikneedle
09-20-06, 10:55 PM
those big daddies or whatever, scare me

|MaguS|
09-20-06, 11:12 PM
Im liking it, for the most part it reminds me alot of System Shock 2. I do have some small gripes but nothing really but me being anal.

One would be that corpses are ragdolls, onces their down you cant interact with them. It's COD2 all over again, they fall with a ragdoll but once they hit the floor they are locked in position...

Second would be the games more action approach, the RPG elements and strategy from System Shock 2 look to be on the weaker side. Again though this is just a small gripe, mainly because im comparing it to System Shock 2 which I shouldnt be... nothing compares to it. ;)

I can't wait for the games release though!

Mr_LoL
09-21-06, 12:48 AM
Psychological thriller? This will be getting a miss from me.

Becoming
09-21-06, 12:56 AM
Second would be the games more action approach, the RPG elements and strategy from System Shock 2 look to be on the weaker side.

Running around smacking monsters with a wrench was less actiony in SS2?

Tyr-Sog
09-21-06, 06:13 AM
Looks interesting.

I almost clicked off the movie when it first started and figured out it was another fps. Personally I'm just tired of them but after watching this video and listening to the guy I may keep my eye on this one.

Knot3D
09-21-06, 08:50 AM
Gameplay sounds interesting, water FX look gorgeous... but i'm not really a fan of the visual art deco style... ehm.. but maybe i should try it nonetheless.

ENU291
09-21-06, 09:12 AM
The video doesn't show much which is a shame. The game looks interesting but I haven't seen anything that will make it a "must have" title. Hopefully as the game matures we'll get to see what this game truely has to offer.

Mr. Hunt
09-21-06, 09:32 AM
The video doesn't show much which is a shame. The game looks interesting but I haven't seen anything that will make it a "must have" title. Hopefully as the game matures we'll get to see what this game truely has to offer.

Are you kidding? Did you play System Shock 2? System Shock 2 is one of, if not THE best first person games out there. I really wish it had Stephen Russells voice in it (maybe it does? ;)). For those wondering (might have spelled his name wrong also), he did voices in SS2 and was Garrett (and additional voices) in the Thief series... I think his voice is great.

ENU291
09-21-06, 09:45 AM
Are you kidding? Did you play System Shock 2? System Shock 2 is one of, if not THE best first person games out there. I really wish it had Stephen Russells voice in it (maybe it does? ;)). For those wondering (might have spelled his name wrong also), he did voices in SS2 and was Garrett (and additional voices) in the Thief series... I think his voice is great.
We are not talking about System Shock 2. We are discussing the BioShock video. Putting your feeling about System Shock 2 aside do you really feel that the video showed enough info to actually make you want to run out and buy this game?

russ_3d
09-21-06, 09:49 AM
water FX look gorgeous...

looks rubbish from an ign outsider's perspective

any ideas how i can view an hd version? any other sites have anything about it?

i feel a cheapskate for not being a member of ign, but meh

Mr. Hunt
09-21-06, 09:52 AM
We are not talking about System Shock 2. We are discussing the BioShock video. Putting your feeling about System Shock 2 aside do you really feel that the video showed enough info to actually make you want to run out and buy this game?

Actually yes... This wasn't shown to tell the story, but from what they did say and since I know the people working on it are amazing, I know it will be a fantastic game.

Becoming
09-21-06, 10:38 AM
Well since they've said straight out that if you liked SS2, you'll like Bioshock I think that it's plenty relevent to the discussion. It's the same dev team with similar goals, so I don't see how mentioning SS2 has no bearing on it.

FierceDeityLink
09-21-06, 12:26 PM
I'm downloading it now, and I think I can put it somewhere...

russ_3d
09-21-06, 12:34 PM
I'm downloading it now, and I think I can put it somewhere...

woot!

thanks

ENU291
09-21-06, 12:59 PM
Well since they've said straight out that if you liked SS2, you'll like Bioshock I think that it's plenty relevent to the discussion. It's the same dev team with similar goals, so I don't see how mentioning SS2 has no bearing on it.
You have a valid point but not everyone that views the video has played System Shock 2. Those people have to rely solely on what was shown. Since I never played System Shock 1 or 2 I have to base my impressions on what I saw.

FierceDeityLink
09-21-06, 01:30 PM
Uploading to alt.binaries.games at ~100 KB/s.

EDIT: done posting under the name bioshock_demo_092006_wmvhd.partxx.rar (668MB + 10% PAR2s, 1280x720).

Becoming
09-21-06, 01:31 PM
You have a valid point but not everyone that views the video has played System Shock 2. Those people have to rely solely on what was shown. Since I never played System Shock 1 or 2 I have to base my impressions on what I saw.

If you have a pc made in the last 6 years, go play it (could probably get away with something older perhaps). It's a damn good time and you'd see why people are going gaga about this.

Mr. Hunt
09-21-06, 01:39 PM

Wait... are you even a PC gamer? You haven't even played System Shock 2 man!

Mr_LoL
09-21-06, 01:42 PM
I have never played ss2 but i am late to the pc gaming arena. The first proper game I played was call of duty back in 2004. Anyway bioshock looks a bit too creepy for me. I am such a wuss.